Logitech Launches new PC Gaming products

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today Logitech announced the new Logitech G line, reflecting its new approach to PC gaming. The new lineup includes six redesigned mice and keyboard favorites and two new headsets. "With Logitec...

Logitech Launches new PC Gaming products

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, did Logitech put any effort into improving the quality of their products, or was all the time/money/effort put into new marketing schemes?

3. Solid_State

Solid_State Guest

GPU:
    5870 VF3000A / GT430
    I want that G700s. Looks like I can use my index finger for the extra buttons, this is really a must for me.

Currently own a "Tt eSPORTS BLACK ELEMENT" and to press the extra buttons I have to use my thumb and ring finger, not ideal for me I have found out.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I just replaced a Logitech G500 that was less than a year old because it started suffering from the "double-click" issue...and it's laser sensor was starting to fail. That was Logitech mouse #4 in the last 6 years....all with either faulty sensors or malfunctioning left buttons.

5. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 650TiSSC 1GB
    I love my G700 and I have also the following Logitech mice:

2X LX6 Optical Mice (2 Button)
    2x Trackman Marble (4 Button+ Ball)
    1x Logitech Marble Mouse (2 button+ball)

and all but one works (1 of the LX6 due to the cable being yanked from a very hectic move) still works if you push the cable in a bit)

All of those others listed above have been ABUSED thru 10 moves and two of those moves I was in a HUGE hurry (packing en ENTIRE 2BR 2BA apt in 4 hours) and all of those work just like the day we got those but the one LX6. I got mad and threw one of the LX6 mice across the room when Fallout 3 kept crashing and it still works great!!!!

I also got some X-550 speakers that have been thru 5 moves abused a lot as well... I dropped one of them on a concrete parking lot and half stepped on it and it still works.

I also just got a G35 headset and it's awesome.

I also just got some Logitech UE 350vi's but one of the driver units got 40% quieter then the other one, however I contacted them and got a new set sent kinda quick and the whole process of getting the replacement was extremely easy! didn't even have to send the defective one back!

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    My G500 is 3,5 years old and still seems brand new, like it was unboxed yesterday.

7. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    no mechanical kb.. :3eyes:

8. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I dumped my Logitech gear for a Das and a Sensei and couldn't have been happier. Can't help but feel somewhat disappointed by a lack of a mechanical keyboard in the lineup though.

9. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    maybe they're taking extra time to make it extra EPIC.

10. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    They are already way behind on the e-sport boat.

This stuff comes much too late, they aren't nearly as cool as TT esports or Razer and don't have any visibility right now.

11. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    I always loved their stuff, been using the logitech mice for over 12 years, I started with mx 500, then mx518 and now iam using both g400 and g500 on my two PCs and vx nano on notebook. I also have a z5500 speaker system.

I simply love their products except their keyboards which I think the other companies, like gigabyte or saitek have upper hand in this territorry.

12. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    The double click issue is an easy fix.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-53dC4E81Q

Though I hold the button with a very small screwdriver and spray the wd directly in it until I fill the mechanism and then click like crazy (repeat the process a couple of times).

Fixed 2 logitech m510 like this and they are still going strong. One is now 4 years old.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    he's on about Logitech g500 double clicking issue, not Naga. I have to say, I once had a Logitech mouse that double clicked, it was the g400 a few years ago, or something like that. The g9 has been nothing but solid though, for over god knows how many years, 3.5 years or so. Still, nice to see logitech releasing new gear, will check out some of their keyboards maybe, my g15 feels a bit soggy in places after thousands of hours of mmo abuse.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Only 2 of the Logitech mice I've purchased in the last 20 years, still worked when I stopped using them. The first was an old serial mouse, which I'd probably still be using if it could be connected to a computer without requiring additional hardware. The second, is a PS/2 mouse that my aunt/uncle are still using 15 years after I bought it....the track ball in it has been replaced, but the mouse is still 100% functional. The serial mouse was actively used for 10 years with no issues. Logitech doesn't make anything with high enough quality to last that long anymore.

It's a very well known and long running issue. Logitech has known about the issues since the G500 was released and has done nothing to correct it. I could have probably dealt with it until the switch completely failed, if the tracking laser hadn't started having problems. Now I'm using a Roccat Kova+

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  15. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I'm disappointed.....again. I have the original G700, and it sure is the first Logitech mouse I own that hasn't yet lost a button due to massive use. That one is fine. The keyboards however.... I have the second version of the G15, and it's not a bad product. But the new keyboards are yet again rubberdome tech. Logitech *did* introduce the G710+ mechanical keyboard, and I really really like the MX brown with dampening ring solution, but that one lacks the integrated display, which I wouldn't want to miss ever again. Wake me when they release a mechanical keyboard *with* display. Then that G15 will go. Not a moment sooner.

16. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  17. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    Some people refer to Thermaltake as Thermalbreak.... although I've never had anything of thiers so I haven't a personal experience.

Did you contact support about any of the issues? Lots of the time I hear people have a crappy time with something and don't even bother to call support and just buy a new one.

How many Logis have you had??

18. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    They don't have widespread availability here in Canada so I wouldn't know about their gaming stuff breaking. Never had an issue with their PSU though.

My point is, it's about time they updated their gaming catalogue, so good on them.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The guy in that video has a speech deficit.

Just being picky, probably; but having the entire internet enabled world potentially watching your video should really make you put someone in front of the camera who can talk, or at the very least understand cadence.

They picked a monotonic mumbler...makes me wonder about the parts they pick for their products now...

20. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    I want a mech. KB from Logitech but one that's a lil more low profile and no orange. I have all black devices with blue or green LEDs.