Call of Duty: Black Ops II Grosses $1 Billion In 15 Days

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    [sarcasm]I can't wait for Black Ops 3, 4, and 5 - each to break sales record.[/sarcasm]

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I would really like to see some demographics of who is still buying this franchise. I feel like its kids 18 and under who are 75% of the sales.

4. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    I know a couple people that "should" be in the "should know better" age bracket that still buy this crap...It's disgusting. It's the same tired "PCs are too expensive" line. Even though one has dumped far more into Xbox stuff than I have for this computer.

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I got Blackops2 and I quite like it, seems like the best COD so far.. especially on PC.

Cant say I have been a huge fan of the game in the past, especially once they moved away from WW2 but I'm quite liking a quick arcade blastathon after work when I have no time for more involving games like RO2.

I find the improvements made to the game this time round warrant a purchase, strangely I'm even liking the singleplayer and this is coming from a die hard multiplayer gamer since Quake.

Maybe I'm getting a quarter-life crisis haha.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    It´s just like the crap pop music today, it multiplies! I feel like good intellectual and/or entertainment stuff is only appreciated by few, but the whole world spins around the crap we see on tv, theatres, book stores, game stores etc. It´s a plastic world that wants to be amused by the same thing with as minimal effort and thought as possible!

7. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    /thread:banana:

And on that bombshell my FC3 DL just finished...I'm out of here.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    lol..

9. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    dang there must of been lots of 12year olds mowing lawns all summer

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh yeah, I'd rather play something long and complex after a tiring day of work instead of something more arcade like.

11. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    COD is out once a year since a few years ago, i think Activision gonna try to bring out new COD every 6 months, and the bad news is we might see a COD clone from other publishers, and indie dev.

Activision got too many blind sheep, while good publisher are struggling to make good sales and to avoid bankruptcy, well i hope if THQ gets out of the mess they are in right now, they wont try to make COD clones.

i just hope the market wont be saturated with tons of COD wannabe.

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    There are already a ton of COD clones out there but they don't sell. People know the COD name so that is what they are going to buy.

13. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    what i meant was that i hope there wont be too many of the COD clones, that's gonna make the game industry dull, if its filled with only COD clones, so far from what i see there is only a few COD wannabe at least that's what i seen on steam, and that would make the variation too little.

i don't know about consoles market, it might have a lot of games that doesn't have pc version of the games.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Stop Talking About Me!...:moon:

15. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    every pro gamer with a library of hundred games will admit that black ops 2, was and it is the smoothest game ever built...i am happy it sales much, it was a great work, by far the best graphics/smoothness ratio...:)

17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The bubble will burst at some point, the issue is how much Activision poke that bubble. If they keep at it with a once a year release then they may get away with another three maybe four versions of the game. If they try reducing the release times between games then they are going to risk bursting that bubble sooner.

While it may seem 'superior' to look down on 'the sheep' who buy these games as being nothing more than mindless drones who will buy any crap, they are typical mass consumers, by that they buy it because it is the IN thing, at some point the game will either be superseded by something else or will simply fall out of favour and at that point it's popularity will drop off very quickly as 'the sheep' move on to something else.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Lol^....You have No Clue!........btw...Can you Shoot?:biggun:

19. ATR

ATR Member Guru

GPU:
    amd 7850 CF
    Still the best fps on the market - especially compared to the latest releases by ea/dice/danger close. Which is sad.

Too many companies are trying to make cod clones, no original fps's that have been any good have come out in years

20. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    yeah maybe $1million for the PC. and all the rest consoles.