MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMack70

BigMack70 Guest

GPU:
    2x HD 7970 in CFX
    Afterburner does not play nice with different model 7970s in Crossfire. I have an XFX DD Black Edition + MSI Lightning, and Afterburner is glitchy with whichever card is the secondary one. It does not consistently detect/read sensors from the second card, nor does it does not reliably apply voltages to the second card.

With the unofficial OC workaround enabled on this setup, overclocking results in total system instability - the driver crashes almost non-stop, even though the hardware is known to be fine overclocked in CF.

2. Atom_Anti

Atom_Anti Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6620G
    Hi,

Is the next version can get overclocking support for AMD Llano integrated graphics?
    With the latest beta version I could overclock my 6620G from 444MHz to 457MHz. Even this little overclock managed measurable difference (+23 points in 3DMark 11 and +234 points in 3DMark2003). The slide allows to put more MHz and when I click apply it seems went trough. However HWinfo64 will tell the truth, that it did not went further than 457MHz.
    Unfortunately with the current version I cannot manage higher frequency than 457MHz while the hardware could take lot lot more...
    Believe me, adding this feature you could bring happy time for many people:)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. falcon_sp

falcon_sp Guest

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6870
    Hello!
    Hey, I have a suggestion!
    My HD 6870 Black Edition gets very hot when I play. Even by setting the fan for over 60% it besides making too much noise, cools very little, keeping the temperature at 72 ~ 75 ° C. In some games it reaches 80 º C!

My solution is to limit the frames in games. I use Dxtory to limit the frames to 45/50FPS. Thus, in addition to continuing playing really well, it heats up much less than playing the 60/75FPS. When I play, the temperature is in the 65 ~ 69 ° C without saying that the fan is only 48% and is not too much noise in my room.

But this program is an incompatibility with the MSi afterburner. It does not work if I start a game with the MSi afterburner open (not limits the frames, which heats up the video card). I have to start the game with dxtory open, then use the alt + tab to open the afterburner and play without getting a headache.

In this case, my suggestion is that you can add the function in MSi Afterburner to limit the frames when playing. It would be a very good thing to keep cooled video card, increase the lifetime of it (by not using 100% of GPU) and get a good experience in games.

Thank you.

4. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    MSI AB already has a framerate limiter

MSI Afterburner -> RTSS -> Options -> Frame limiter

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    [​IMG]

6. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Does it matter if you have them sycned/unsynced?

Probably not... Afterburner is a product for MSI Graphics cards, and integrated solutions are neither intended nor designed for.

The best solution would be to ask XFX to tell you what is wrong with the card. (Since it is a Black Edition.) I guarantee they will tell you there is nothing wrong with it so long as it is under 90º C. If that bothers you, consider reducing video settings and/or replacing your XFX with a better-cooled card.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seeing as MSI doesn't produce Llano CPU's, don't count on support for them being added. MSI Afterburner is for MSI graphics cards.

8. Atom_Anti

Atom_Anti Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6620G
    MSI does not produce Llano APUs, but building laptops to it. Those laptops with GPU overclock mod could be significantly faster than competitions, since hundreds MHz-es are left in these GPUs and each MHz bring 1,5 extra 3DMark11 points... It is a must have feature, Please!

9. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    MSI afterburner is only for discrete video cards. Also you can try to plead, but unwinder would say no. Plus unwinder no longer monitors these threads.

10. blandead

blandead Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
    Thank you sir, worked beautifully. I did not need to add the atiplxx dll in my folder because mine were never deleted from the system folder. But the -xcl did the trick, now it defaults and idles down. Excellent!

11. Atom_Anti

Atom_Anti Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6620G
    Thanks, I've sent him a private massage, probably this is the last thing what I can do for the case...

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No problem :)

[​IMG]

13. Atom_Anti

Atom_Anti Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6620G
    If he is not visiting the forum, I have to ask him directly. or for why is private massage option:3eyes:?

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm just messing with ya. ;)

15. kiteman

kiteman Guest

GPU:
    i cannot get msi afterburner to work at all with my sapphire 7850 in unlocked mode. i follow directions to change the EULA and powerplay settings, then edit my enableulds settings in the registry and restart. when i open the program the core clock and memory clock are at 0 and i cannot change them to do anything. i mean literally i can't change them at all. i can type in a number for the clock, but i hit apply and they go to 0. what's up with that?

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

17. Snake22

Snake22 New Member

GPU:
    geForce 8800gts 512
    why you can't make setting window sizeble?
    the 1366x768 a most popular resolution for laptops!
    please!
    or make the settings window height less on 15%, still 15% of there not being used

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  18. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I know, why don't you use an external monitor, oh say a 24", and the problem is solved ! :D

19. BigMack70

BigMack70 Guest

GPU:
    2x HD 7970 in CFX
    Nope. Unsynced = unofficial OC settings will not "take" on the second card and then the system will eventually BSOD with the video driver at fault.

Synced = unofficial OC settings will (sometimes) not "take" on the second card or (sometimes) will. In either case, the driver repeatedly crashes/recovers until the system is rebooted.

The problem is only with unofficial overclocking and I think also with voltage tweaking.

20. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    If I remember right, crossfire + unofficial overclock isn't supported. You would need to stay within the limits of the cards (so unofficial is turned off) and/or modify the BIOSes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.