Nvidia GeForce 382.53 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Jun 9, 2017.

1. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Got 1500 points less in Firestrike Extreme.

2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  3. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    You're playing with fire :) (AMD/AMD to Intel/Nvidia).
    It might be perfect on your build and OS but it doesn't mean that this would work perfectly in all cases. But good for you, I thought that this kind of upgrade couldn't leave the OS as is...

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nope, still does it with this driver.

5. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I haven't tried these drivers, still using 382.33. Dirt 4 is not so optimized as Prey, but still will be installed shortly.

6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Because you do not need it in this game ;)

7. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    Because as a frequent visitor of tech sites and this forum you know when a new driver is out. No need to have a background process running all the time just to check for new driver updates. The less crap running in the background the better for your system.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    ever since the new 2-3 drivers I'm getting very random but very rare error that cause the NVCP to disappear from right click .

Just randomly, nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

Faulting application name: NVDisplay.Container.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x593890ad
    Faulting module name: NvXDCore.dll_unloaded, version: 8.17.13.8253, time stamp: 0x59388fb8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000c1951
    Faulting process id: 0x900
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e5b0f5cf1845
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer\NVDisplay.Container.exe
    Faulting module path: NvXDCore.dll
    Report Id: 2465352c-d6f0-4437-af4a-5ce1286d652c
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I don't know if it is the driver or the game but I just got Unravel on the Origin sale and although the game is excellent it hangs and crashes like crazy while every other game I own is rock solid. Does anyone have Unravel and know anything about the state of the game in general? My other games seems just fine on this driver.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone know what the following means?

Win10 x64 14393 and this driver. I install the driver, physx, and hd audio. I don't delete any folders from the installer either. I was using firefox 56 and mpc-hc with madvr when the screen froze and then went black momentarily. The above was in event viewer.

11. Himitsu

Himitsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Hey guys, any word on nvidia HDR + Win10? Can't play any games with HDR since creators update/378.xx, colors are all messed up...

12. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Unstable FACTORY overclock was the cause for me. I don't ever overclock anything myself. It was common on Windows 10 and rare on Windows 7. Some driver versions more common/frequent than others as well. The only way to fix it for me was to mod my GTX 950 Firmware and reduce the factory over clock, mainly the boost, a bit closer to Nvidia's reference specs.

If you do any over clocking that would be the first place to trouble shoot.

EDIT: On Windows 10, I still get these errors with every driver I've tried (including this one), even with a down-clocked GPU. Yet another reason I don't use Windows 10.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    There a debug mode in NVCP that should bring clocks back to reference.

14. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Nope, I do test every version, also there is EA support ticket about HDR on ME:A so people report.
    I downgraded back to 378.92, everything works 100% fine with this driver.

If you have Dolby Vision TV, you can use Dolby Vision in ME:A (no mater what driver you use), but DV is limited to 2 resolutions:y 1080p60Hz or 4K/30Hz

15. Himitsu

Himitsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Nope, it's a cheap brazilian 4k tv... well not cheap for us, but... you get the point... Just a limited version of normal hdr (hdr 10 if not mistaken).

And this HDR simply doesn't work for months. Weird thing is, there is absolutely no oficial word on this!

16. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Well just install 378.92 driver (disable windows auto updates for drivers, otherwise it will auto-update it to newer driver)

17. pSXAuthor

pSXAuthor Member

GPU:
    VIC2
    Go to "Display/Adjust desktop colour settings" in the nvidia control panel, select your monitor and see if there is an option called "Content type reported to the display". If its there make sure its set to "Desktop programs", and not "Auto-select (recommended)". Some monitors go black for a few seconds when switching between full and limited dynamic range which is what auto-select does (it does it based on whether or not it thinks you are viewing a video/content that was created with limited dynamic range in mind).

18. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    This driver has caused a windows 10 login sign on, reboot loop. Each time my laptop boots up into the sign-on screen, the laptop reboots.

I have had to disable my dedicated graphics card in safe mode in-order to use my laptop; else it will be chucked out the window!

Gigabyte Aero 14
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Windows 10

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    laptop issue that is, nothing wrong with desktop use when logging into windows 10.....

20. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yeah i know im late but finally got to installing these,so far so good