NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have never really seen blurring related to forced OGSSAA with the "0x000000C0" AA flag.
    A good example of this is Insurgency, which I made some screenshot comparisons of with my old 2-way GTX 780 setup:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10625281&postcount=6295

Absolutely no blurring with maximum ingame settings and OGSSAA or OGSSAA+MSAA hybrid modes.
    And only a very slight and negligible amount of blurring with 8xSGSSAA.
    Always remember to disable all ingame AA settings (including FXAA), as well as "Motion Blur" and "Film Grain" when using driver forced AA in Source engine games.

With DSR, the level of sharpness is controlled by the "Smoothness" slider in NVCP.
    I recommend around 20% smoothness, for a good compromise between good sampling quality and a sharp image.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I think those images from Insurgency prove my point. Look at the brick on the house with chimneys, the SSAA modes blur it compared to no SSAA, and SGSSAA is worst. Thru my own comparisons I've actually found that driver FXAA blurs textures the same amount as forced SSAA, although obv. SSAA combats aliasing much better.

3. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I don't think this is blur due to conflicting post processing but because of gamma correction, which is to be expected.
    When you downscale an image gamma corrected (in gamma light), it will be darker than in original resolution and without gamma correction (in linear light) it will be slightly brighter instead (but maybe doesn't seem so due to aliasing in computer graphics in original resolution).

4. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    Hi guys,

Anyone got a working SLI bit for Dragon's Dogma? I tried all bits for RE and Devil my Cry but not one of them worked. :(

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    DSR is supposed to be Gamma correct from what I recall.
    I think they might have implemented it after 347.88 because after that, Gamma for 16-bit color resolutions completely broke with DSR causing huge detail crush.

6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Never played this game, but do you get no scaling at all with the standard 0x02400005 profile?
    Perhaps bit #20 is needed, i.e. 0x02500005?

I believe Dragon's Dogma runs on the MT Framework engine, so you might want to take a closer look at the Inspector profiles for these games ;)
    Please test the game with either driver forced SGSSAA (0x000000C1), native 4K or higher levels of DSR to ensure proper GPU usage.

7. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    Sorry, I was not clear in my post.

Tried all bits for Resident Evil and Devil my Cry, I think these are games that use the same engine. But, some bits gave me 30-40% usage in each GPU but no more than 20-30fps, other bits make the usage spikes to 90-99% but with only 15-20fps. The same with these two bits you suggested.

Looking in the steam I found a guide that the guy used the bit 0x02502005, scales very well, but hair and clothes get heavy flickering and artefacts.

Seems the engine itself needs a patch, or we need to found a better bit for it. Unfortunately I have no idea how these bits works, if there are any logical pattern to follow when testing new ones.

8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    There are certain patterns, have a look at the DX9 NVIDIA Inspector SLI bits editor:

[​IMG]

Bit #09 for example fixes scaling in many more recent UE3 games, but has a tendency to cause light bleeding in some cases.
    Bits #20, #23 and #30 are also usual suspects in several DX9 engines, with #20 being the most "aggressive" of the bunch.
    This bit fixes scaling in many games, but can also cause flickering and other problems.
    I suggest trying "0x02402005" in Dragon's Dogma, since this is the same profile as "0x02502005" just with bit #20 disabled.

Other possible candidates are "0x42402005" (bit #30 enabled) and "0x02C02005" (bit #23 enabled).

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    The master list spreadsheet should now be fully up to date again with the latest and most important additions.
    I have been very busy lately due to a Rampage V Extreme PC build, which is the main reason for the lack of updates to the thread :)

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Heh, welcome to the club friend ;)

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    LOL...i'm still sitting here stuck with a Rampage II GENE.

Heh. D:

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have added a new spreadsheet category called "Essential tweaks".
    This is intended to be used for any relevant tweaking or other important information not directly related to AA, HBAO+ or SLI.

So far I have entered some preliminary information for some games, but the category is really still work in progress.
    If anybody has anything significant they want to be added here, then please speak up :)

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Great, thanks! Will see it for the games I currently play.

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I finally found an explanation for why the BBcode parameters for google spreadsheets isn't working anymore.
    It seems spreadsheets created after sometime in mid 2014 has a different format, which is not compatible with the existing BBcode on the forum:
    http://www.global-conflict.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24807

I have no idea if it would be possible to rewrite the forum software to fix this issue, but perhaps an admin might want to take a closer look at this?

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I added some preliminary SLI information for the new DOOM game to the spreadsheet :)
    So far only 2-way SLI scales correctly, and full PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 mode is necessary as well as a reduction in shadow quality from "Nightmare" to "Ultra".
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11034642&postcount=2239

A few other major/minor changes have also been made, and as usual everything is documented in the "Changelog".
    If anybody has any recommendations to improvements or perhaps new "features", I'm of course always listening.

Last edited: May 18, 2016

16. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Where did you get this tool?

17. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  18. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
  19. gaintbeam

gaintbeam Guest

I'm having some troubles with Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena.

I'm playing the Escape From Butcher Bay remake.

I got 4x Supersampling + 4x MSAA going. I did the flag 0x0000000000 fix. Game looks great. But when I turn on SSAO (xr_ssao 1, 2, or 3 in the console), I get this shadow flickering effect wherever SSAO is applied on the screen.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem?

20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    MSAA and SSAO are not compatible with each other in Dark Athena.
    This is a known problem, and I should probably mention it directly in the spreadsheet.

Unfortunately it is not possible to fix it either, since OpenGL lacks the versatility of custom AA profiles present in DX9 :(