NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I am hoping for sticky as well. A good resource

3. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I'm having an issue in BF4 where some parts of the map have negative SLI scaling. I'm thinking of pulling out 8.1 and seeing if the same issue is prevalent.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

5. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Which particular map are you talking about?
    Please provide full system information as well as all ingame settings.

The official BF4 SLI profile actually scales very well, as long as you are not using CPU limited settings of course.
    Try disabling MSAA, and set resolution scaling to 200% ingame.
    Under these conditions SLI should scale nearly perfect, and the performance difference between Single GPU and 2-way SLI should be very obvious.

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great job,man that's a lot of work completed.Thanks for sharing.

7. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    Great thread.

8. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    Bioshock 2 hbao+ dx9 bit is actually 0x0002002D.

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Actually, this makes no difference :)

"0x0000002D" is enough for DX9 HBAO+ in BioShock 2.
    In the same way, "0x00000023" is enough for DX9 HBAO+ in BioShock 1.
    The official "0x00020000" AO flag for BS 1 & 2 is DX10-only.

For DX10 only "0x00060000" applies a sufficiently strong HBAO+ effect in BioShock 1 & 2, but with terrible bleeding problems:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4905621&postcount=834

For this reason, I have chosen only to add "0x00000023" and "0x0000002D" for DX9 HBAO+ in respectively BioShock 1 & 2 ;)

10. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    I've actually tested both and they flicker like crazy(smoke/fog ao bleed?) when approaching pillars/walls, etc. However, 0002D(not 2002D) seems to be even worse in that regard.

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Well I didn't test HBAO+ in BioShock 2 myself, since I don't own the game :)
    But it is absolutely impossible, that there is a difference in AO quality or compatibility between "0x0002002D" and "0x0000002D" in the DX9 mode of ANY game.
    The additional AO bit in "2002D" will only affect DX10 and above ;)

However it doesn't really surprise me, that "2D" causes issues in BS2.
    This particular AO flag typically applies a very strong effect in many games, but is also known to cause bleeding and other problems.

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    OK, my master list spreadsheet is finally in a state I would call "out of beta" :)
    If anybody has any suggestions to new features or other improvements, I'm still very open to this.

It has been a lot of work for the last 2+ months, hope you guys like the outcome.

13. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    If anybody wants to help improve the thread even further, I recommend you upload customized driver profiles in .nip format for your games (preferably with a screenshot of the NVIDIA Inspector settings as well).

That way we can all help each other in building a full database of custom driver profiles ready for download, for all the games in the google spreadsheet linked in the OP.
    It is quite impossible for me to do this on my own :)

14. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Sir, many thanks, this thread is absolutely fantastic, keep up the good work :rock:

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    As "discovered" by pedigrew, HBAO+ is actually also possible in older DX8 games, so I decided to change the title of the "DX9 HBAO+" category in the spreadsheet to "DX8+ HBAO+":
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4991016&postcount=1366

I also changed the general color scheme of the spreadsheet to match the logo at the top of the OP.
    The table in the spreadsheet is now also completely updated with all the latest AA, AO and SLI information I could find.
    But if I missed something, then please feel free to report it here in the thread :)
    With appropriate references or proof, of course ;)

16. robb

robb Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 970 STRIX
    Nvm retesting a few things.

Side note: I can tell the work was tedious--great job :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Thank you very much, I spent countless hours perfecting this spreadsheet and am now pretty satisfied with the result.
    But of course there is always room for improvement ;)

Regarding "Dying Light", the official "0x080000F5" profile recently released through GeForce Experience should give a good result:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10505291&postcount=1887

Please report back, if you find any slowdowns or drops in GPU usage with the above profile.
    It is not a game I play personally, so I would really appreciate someone else doing the testing in this particular case.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  18. robb

robb Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 970 STRIX
    I was confused as all hell over the SLI bit for Dying Light. Could've sworn I had the profile updated on both of my OS's, and each had a different one (0x000040F5 Dying Light specifically listed and 0x080000F5 Catzilla). 0x000040F5 of course is horrid, while 0x080000F5 works perfectly fine everywhere.

A good backup I found is 0x0C0000F5, if for some reason the official won't work for someone. No problems with it, but just lower performance indoors (outdoors is hard to tell since its so CPU bound)--perhaps up to a frame drop of 30-50 frames (personally).

TL;DR: As said elsewhere 0x080000F5 is great and has no problems whatsoever. I was just under the impression 0x000040F5 was the official flag due to its name in the drivers originally.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Any new SLI bits for Dragon Age Inquisition?

I am on 347.26 iCafe and still the textures on the floor, shadows on grass, and fog are all bugged in SLI. They flicker a lot and basically break the game for me. Performance is excellent though with the official current sli profile in the drivers.

Just wondered if anyone has been able to find a fix for this issue as it is pretty widespread.

20. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Perhaps you could make indoor and outdoor screenshot comparisons of 0x080000F5 versus 0x0C0000F5 in Dying Light? (with FPS counter).
    Also please list all of your ingame settings.
    Then I can add 0x0C0000F5 to my table, and subsequently report this to the proper authorities ;)

It might also be interesting to test 0x080000F5 and 0x0C0000F5 with 4xDSR set in the drivers, just to overcome any CPU limit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015