Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i want a few really katana's but i might wind up using on certian people which would be bad:banana:

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... a little OT... but here's the 4 swords i have.

[​IMG]

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so out of boredom, I took out my Bluetooth adapter connected to my pc and paired my ds4 to my PC and Steam for most part works just fine with ds4 via Bluetooth including rumble, the touchpad didnt though, Skyrim works exactly how it does with my cordless rumblepad 2, witcher 2 for some reason right analog controller dont control the camera left/right trigger control it and face buttons where all messed up, could fiqure out why though,

Nioh is also still the only reason i use my ps4.

Make me want to by seperate ds4 controller, but they have sitty battery life, and cost just as much as F710 from Logitech will.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I have not tested it with Witcher 2, but Steam should let you mess with profiles to fix games that don't have perfect support.

Ubisoft games are in general the best when it comes to the DS4, in The Division i swapped from mouse/kb to 360 pad to X1 pad to DS4 and the game updated in real time with whatever i pushed a button on.

I think The Witcher 3 might also have native support, and i know Dying Light definitely does.
    I personally prefer the X1 pad, but every so often i switch to the DS4 so i am at least capable no matter what control scheme is used.

Any reason why using the DS4 wired is a no no, maybe not all the time but would at least lessen the battery issues.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I just use a xbox 360 controller emulator with my ds4, works fine in everything that can support a 360 controller, so pretty much all games in the last decade. I have two, and I could use them to hotswap if a battery dies, but it's easier to keep one paired with ps4 and one paired with pc.

Input mapper allows for wired ps4 use, but you may as well just use it wirelessly and connect it to a usb battery or long cable with a usb wall socket

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah noticed changes are pretty much istant, I can fix face buttons be messed up, but i could not fiqure out how to get the right analog to work as camera.

Steams DS4 support is actual much better then I thought it would, to bad i only have 1 ds4.

yah i have my logitech cordless rumblepad 2 working in steam, threw x360ce files, I mostly just put needed files in the games exe folders, though I wonder if I can just put x360ce in steams dir and bypass having to do it all folders.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    really stupid question that i think i know ansnwer to all ready, but can i copy mp3 from pc on to usb drive then to ps4? i know i did with my ps3, but for some reason i cant fiqure out how to do this on ps4.

Though i thinking it cant be done

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    You can’t. The PS4 will play music and video files from an external drive, but the files cannot be copied to the system.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sad days. Guess I will transfer my mps3 to my ps3 again and listen to them threw my 5.1 system that way

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Anthem

PlayStation's YouTube channel has uploaded the in-engine Anthem footage shown at E3 running on Xbox One X - but with poorly-Photoshopped PS4 buttons it was made by a third party

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and they say dev arnt lazy, they can't be bothers to do there own Editing/Photoshoping :)

Who here remember killzone for ps3? it first video the edit that video and speed it up 3x to fool people to thinking that what the game would look like and how fast it would run, and when the game release it was night and day diffrence in downgrades.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Killzone 2 e3 vs retail comparison

https://youtu.be/xj989hFKNF8

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yep that it, im thinking some one got fired over that huge huge miss representation. not mention that original video was sped up to those speeds never mind the huge texture differences and the blurriness that wasnt there.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The comments for that video are very much of the opinion that the retail looks better.....

16. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Guest

GPU:
    24GB
    good topic to share more APU and PS4

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Considering it sold well, I doubt anyone got fired. That's the issue with games these days. They get misrepresented, bullshots galore, people run to forums to cry and moan, but then on the release day, everyone still buys it.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it did? that news to me then again almost all FPS do, and imo there all **** since halo started this regen your health whiley hiding.

19. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I want to buy a ps4 Pro soon as my motherboard has just died on me an i dont plan on building a new pc till next when hopefully some games worh building a pc for come out, but have some questions first.

1. Do external drives still need to be FAT32 like the ps3?

2. What is the browser like and does it support video streaming so you can watch embeded videos on guru3d for example?

3. Has the speed, responsiveness and functionality of psn been drastically improved?

4. Can i arrange my digital games in tye xmb by alpha/numerical?

5. Is there a native yt app and is it vastly improved over the ps3s. Can i search by year, length etc?

Basically, does the ps4 feature basic functionality and logical design choices that tue ps3 never got?

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    1. FAT32 and exFAT.
    2. dont know dont use it ps4 to do any browsing
    3. hahah it speeds are still trash,
    4. yes
    5. same as 2

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017