Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 16, 2015.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Me too. Put it on hard from the start and haven’t touched it. Seems like the proper difficulty, since you are a peace of squishy meat and they are enormous machines, so killing you in two hits is to be expected. But at the same time I haven’t been frustrated, because if you play your cards right you will come on top.

@vf, how many hours did you need to plat it? Seems like a game I can actually go for it.

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Very hard from the beginning. I made it even harder disabling just about everything on the hud except reticle, potions and weapon wheel. Health is gone and relied on the green pulsing plus.

That I do not remember because I spent many days only exploring/sneaking past and soaking up every detail from the very tops of the mountains to the hidden areas. I'd imagine it wouldn't take long though?

A game this good I thought why rush it. It took me 1 month 2 weeks to platinum since I had done just about everything on it and listened to every conversation option. When I obtained platinum (end game) I think I was 142 hours.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Is it just me or is purple neon the most beautiful colour in videogames?

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Wooord!

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    For those that have finished the story, is it a good ending? Without spoilers.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Reminds me of InFamous Second Son :)

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yes it does and still one of the best games on the PS4.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Nice. They did a really good job making the machines behave like an animal would. They also look very scary to look at and fight like a devil possessed.

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Heh, yeah. The first time I came across my first Thunderjaw was quite scary since I was under-equipped. I only wanted to get a real close look then move on. That didn't happen.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Such a good game. <3

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I still haven't finished it yet, but I get the feeling that machines are trying to make sense of life, but not understanding. Take the metal flowers for example.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

DLC incoming!

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yeah, looks saucy. :D

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    As much as I hate DLC, sometimes the term is overused and the old term "expansion pack" should apply. I feel such with this. This feels like an expansion pack more than "DLC". Nicely done. I look forward to it. And I staggered a bit and rubbed my eyes several times, finally something coming out of e3 due the same year it's being shown!

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Crazy how hard they've made Ultra Hard with patch 1.30 released yesterday. Sometimes 3 tearblast arrows will not whip off a Thunderjaw cannon. Nor will 16 discs kill or cause a Thunderjaw to limp.

17. kubisztal

kubisztal Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 2gb
    Probably running on a dev kit, day one purchase for me, I'm guessing ps4 1080p 30fps neo 60fps, who knows how the future of the ps4 will play out until 5.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Finally got round to finishing this, what a great game, the story really unfolds nicely, wish I finished it sooner!

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    1.32 patch has arrived. General fixes and an added story mode that is basically an easy mode for gamers that just want to walk up to walls and see what resolution the textures are (like me).

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So....... my initial impression of the game were not so good. i was playing at the time at a friends place. dunno if it was my mindset or the company, but i didn't like the game that much.
    This Xmas sale, i decided to get the game myself since it was only €30 for the complete edition.

Well its easy to admit i was wrong about this game.

THE GAME IS FREAKING AMAZING!!

While i thought Zelda was the better game overall i can now see, Zelda is for kids, and this is for the mature player who like challenge. (while Zelda has poor challenge IMHO) I'm totally sucked into the story, taking my time to do all kind of quests as i like them, while also gathering the many resources which are everywhere.
    Battles are so good, you have to be careful since you can easily die here. I had this trophy hunt mission to gather trophies to get sponsorship for some kind of club, and the part where you have to fight cloaking puma in the jungle reminded me so much of Psycho mantis in metal gear solid , i was instantly in love with the game.
    I am playing this in 4kHDR and hours are just vanishing every night i get to play this. I cant believe the graphics i am seeing at times

The dialogue part is a bit mediocre though, lip syncing is bad, also it is just as static as mass effect, where you are like zoomed up to the face the whole time. would been awesome if we had seen some emotions in the face or body language in those dialogues besides correct lip syncing.
    There are also some bugs. especially when fast traveling. I had one point where a 3 units where spawned on top of each other , or were stuck in a certain area so they couldn't get out.
    I guess this is unavoidable with big sandbox games with lots of units around.

drandiiski and anxious_f0x like this.