Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No "Stereo Mix" :(

2. mikeyhalla

mikeyhalla Guest

GPU:
    Intel Graphics 3000
    Will this work for Intel hdmi audio

Will this work for Intel hdmi audio for Intel graphics 3000? I have been trying to use my hdmi with Dolby home theater for a long time now and I cannot get an answer at all not even a no it will not work. I would rather use Dolby over SRS.

3. xXmobiusXx1

xXmobiusXx1 Guest

GPU:
    Saphhire r9 290 4G tri-x
    Tried this on both windows 10 and windows 8.1 pro x64. I have 3 audio sources, 1 being an old creative x-fi titamium PCIE soundcard, Realtek ALC892 and the other being AMD HDMI. I have permanently disabled driver signature enforcement and have uninstalled the realtek and AMD audio drivers but cannot install the PCEE x64 driver for both DHT and DAA release. it gives me and error stating " Dolby PCEE Drivers setup wizard ended prematurely. " do i need to disable all other audio hardware to get this thing to install?

4. FPSUsername

FPSUsername Guest

GPU:
    8GB 1600
    Where can I find dobly digital plus? I can't find any download of it.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What's the difference between Home Theatre and Advanced Audio?

Which is better suited to a machine that listens to music, MP3/FLAC, and watches Tv shows and movies ?

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Home Theatre seems to have more features. Use that one.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I use dolby home theatre with my phoebus spdif optical to my dac>amp>cans. Best equalizer I have used, if I could get it to work with usb on my dac, I`d pull out my sound card.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nice one, thanks, Do I need to mess about with driver signature enforcement again to switch between them?

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I get much better quality audio using the proper realtek drivers than I do with these, with these I get hissing, bass that is dampened/lowered further than the rest of the audio, as if there is some loudness equalisation happening poorly

With proper realtek drivers I have none of the above problems and much nicer sounding tunes

Maybe because these drivers are from 2010?

10. Savage25

Savage25 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x
    After a rediculous amount of testing and asking uncle google for advice it's working!

I've replicated my steps a few times and I'm fairly certain this would work if any of you are experiencing the same problem. It should work without isue on an Alienware M17x R2 with Windows 8.1 as that's what I'm using. You could give it a try if you have an IDT HD Audio card as well.

Fixing the INF for use with an IDT High Definition Audio sound card
    1. Download the installation files from the OP. Extract the rar.
    2. Extract the "Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi" installation file using msiexec and the command line.
    eg. msiexec /a "C:\Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Extracted Dolby PCEE Drivers"
    3. Using the above extraction path as reference here, go to C:\Extracted Dolby PCEE Drivers\Dolby PCEE Drivers\Drivers64\Release. You should see a file called PCEE4-DHT.INF
    4. Open the file and find and replace all occurances of HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D1 with HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D ( Thank you @epguy19 ) Save and close.
    4.1 Optional depending on whether you're running Windows 8.1. Reboot with Driver signing off. ie. Hold down Shift when clicking Restart. Select Troubleshoot->Advanced Options->Startup Settings. Click Restart. Once the machine reboots press F7 at the Startup Settings screen to Disable driver signature enforcement.
    5. Go back to the extracted Dolby PCEE Drivers folder and run "Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi". Select the "DHT(release)" driver. If you're prompted on whether to install the driver or not, select install.

Your drivers should now be installed. If you can hear a marked difference in sound when you go to your Playback Device's properties and switch between the Dolby profiles on the Dolby tab you can go ahead and install the "Dolby Home Theater v4.msi" application.

If you do not have the Dolby tab under your speaker playback device and have the Enhancements tab instead read on. At this point if I plugged in a pair of headphones, the headphones properties contained the Dolby tab and the Dolby effects were working only with the headphones playback devices.

Enabling the Dolby Tab and effects on the Speaker Playback Device
    1. Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\. There should be multiple entries here. Expand the entries and look for the ones with both "FxProperties" and "Properties" keys. To identify the Speakers playback device one of the "Properties" keys will have a string value called "{a45c254e-df1c-4efd-8020-67d146a850e0},2" with a data value of "Speakers". We're interested in the "FxProperties" key above this "Properties" key.
    2. Under this "FxProperties" key, delete all values apart from (Default).
    3. Copy and paste the below to Notepad making sure to change ****** to the name of the parent key of that particular "FxProperties" key. eg. Mines was called {36018a56-954a-437d-8bdb-0b6bbf830dbc}. The name will vary as it changes with every driver install.

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\******\FxProperties]
    "{b725f130-47ef-101a-a5f1-02608c9eebac},10"="Dolby PCEE4"
    "{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},3"="{C53E5AAF-5F6F-41c2-9F63-ADEBBC9B6B64}"
    "{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},0"="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"
    "{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},1"="{BC8E3B67-3306-4eef-B230-6798E9A67F0B}"
    "{1da5d803-d492-4edd-8c23-e0c0ffee7f0e},5"=dword:00000000

3. Run this reg file and select yes when prompted on whether you want to add this information to the registry. If you have a look at the same "FxProperties" key again you will notice the above values have been added.
    4. Reboot the machine.
    5. You should now have Dolby effects working on your speaker device! Install the "Dolby Home Theater v4.msi" and you're done!

Once again I'd like to thank @fr33jack for providing the files and @epguy19 for pointing out the flaw in the drivers INF for IDT's device ID.

DISCLAIMER: Perform this modification at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by technical error, user inexperience or s

I tried this and it works, but only the virtuell surround speaker output... i use headphones and need the virtuell surround headphone output.

hope you guys could help me... sorry for my bad english

11. Pulstar85

Pulstar85 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7
    I got this working on Win10x64, so I'll try it for a while. It's a shame that the drivers not got an update, five years is too long in terms of drivers.

12. HellMan666

HellMan666 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 550 Ti / 1024MB
    hi folks, new guy here, just a question about this if thats cool

i have nvidia HD audio as my driver, i use XMPLAY as my media player with the Wasapi plugin on exclusive mode, my sound (repeater) goes via HDMI into my Yamaha YSP-2200, got no real issues with the sound,

just wondering if there would be any benefit to using the Dolby idea, albeit the Yamaha already has all this built in DTS, Dolby etc

cheers

13. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    I have the rig in my sig. I have a Realtek 1150 onboard . I just can't get this to work . I can't find any straight forward instructions online that I can follow clearly.
    I bought a set of Astro A40's and really want to get this to work.

Why the hell is this stuff made so ridiculously frustrating.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I did this a good while back, and steps 1-4 in the OP worked fine

Make sure you disable driver sig enforcement

15. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll try again.

16. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    I get an error on the second part of the install...

" pcee needs to be installed "

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah yea, sorry, I remember having the same problem too

I`m uploading all the drivers I downloaded to get this to work, PCEE4 is among them

You should get it working using a combination of what I`ll link you to in a few mins

18. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Cheers.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There you go, I saved everything I used, this is the lot

Code:
    https://mega.nz/#!AJVliDDB!x_gBjM8a_dSSIntIVp3Fj9FGVoqFmlx0RsjlwqZ8Ngo

20. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Thanks mate. Now I just have to stop Windows from auto writing drivers.