Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    First Light is free for PS+ members this month. It is best that you complete Second Son first, as it will give you a better understanding of what is happening.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thank u very much. i just checked last night and it was not free but let me see today. great if it is. :D

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Check the PSN store Wednesday next week.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    InFamous: Second Son is still the best game of this generation so far.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This. I don't know why it was ignored on so many "best next-gen" games lists of 2014. The game looks better than anything on the market, it's fun to play, the voice acting is solid and it has replay value with different decision making.

Easily GOTY for me.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I agree with this. One of the best games on the PS4 at the moment. Nothing else really comes close in terms of how it looks and plays.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I never really found there to be much replay value with ANY Infamous title. "Different decision making"? You can only go one of two ways either way you play through the game.... either "Good" choices or "Bad" choices.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    InFamous: Second Son is easily my GOTY 2014 across all platforms. By far. Such an awesome, fresh, well produced game. Loved every second of it.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

PS Plus is such great value. Found myself playing on the PS4 much more in the past few months.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah cool, almost bought First Light last night then I just noticed it's free for PS Plus users.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The graphics appear to have been scaled down slightly compared to Second Son. The view distance looks hazy. No idea why they did this. Perhaps to keep the file size down to a respectable level, or to improve the framerate. Still a good game though.

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Nice. PSN is down for several days. Comes back up. Can't play Advanced Warfare for some server related reason or another that there's basically NO information about. And really just about ready to give up on Destiny. While i liked the story and everything, and the game is rather fun.... it annoys the sh*t out of me that:

A) I have to basically know a plethora of people who own PS4's who play the game to help out with raids, or even just basically the weekly hardcore's most of the time.

B) I've been playing the game... well... since launch day, and have YET to EVER get any sort of Exotic Bounty to do, and the only exotic weapon i have is Suros Regime, which i had to earn the Strange Coins for in order to purchase, which now basically feels like it was a waste of time, since pretty much everything can rape me 5 ways from Sunday.

I had so much hope for the game... but this goofy crap is annoying as hell at this point. I WANT to play the Raid's and such... but i hate that i'd have to go to something like DestinyLFG in order to find people looking for people to help with the raid, or find a group to invite me, then they'd have to add me as a friend, blah blah blah.

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm in a similar position to you with Destiny, most of the people I played with since launch have stopped playing and it's beginning to be a real chore trying to solo daily missions and weekly strikes, feel like I'm not really getting my money's worth not being able to do the raids as well, regretting getting the season pass, haven't really touched it since the DLC was released.

The trick to getting exotic bounties is to hand in a load (like 5+) of the standard bounties all at once, I've had 4 or 5 so far.

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i've even tried that..... still freakin nothing.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It's ok you're not missing much, the exotic bounties require several steps and they generally have you performing many boring tasks to satisfy the bounty. I'd much rather just buy the items from Xur myself.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I wouldn't.... especially at this point, where Strange Coins are more useful for upgrading the exotics and such.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Don't really mind if I'm honest. Infamous: SS was THE game of 2014 for me and I can't wait to play through the DLC.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I:SS is arguably the best looking game across all platforms of 2014 imo. Nothing else like it. Except maybe KZ4 and thats on the PS4 also, so...so there.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Me and a friend are actively playing raids. We tend to use Reddit or the Bungie forums to find raids to join. But if anyone is looking to do raiding let me know so I can organise one.