RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by burebista, Jan 19, 2009.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Ah OK. I saw it supported SB, just not up to date with RT yet.

Thanks

2. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    RTCore.dll
    Version 3.65

http://www.mediafire.com/?ibwmsu43u1a11ui

I posted an update 3 months ago but not one person ever told me whether it works or not.
    In theory, this latest version should support Sandy Bridge so help me out a little by posting a graph. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Thanks Kevin, I really appreciate your support for my beloved Riva. :thumbup:
    Now if boogieman will be so kind to post some screenshots/feedback it will be awesome. :)

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Guys.. I would be more than happy to try this now that I have SB.

Will test hopefully later tonight when I get off work.

Thanks

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Nice! Appears to be working fine. I mainly looked at the CPU clock changing and not the other usage/load etc. Temps look good too. Reaction/polling time is very responsive as compared to CPUz.

Once shot at idle and one at load. Thanks Uncle !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    Thanks for posting some feedback boogieman. RealTemp and the RTCore.dll plugin both read high performance timers within the CPU and follow the Intel recommended monitoring method as outlined in their November 2008 Turbo White Paper. The results should be very responsive and very accurate reported MHz.

When gaming, the frequency graph will give you a good look at what you're CPU is really up to.

7. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Your very welcome.

Yes, I noticed that it simply just doesn't go from 1600 to 4600. It will sometimes float in between. Nice.

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    CPU load states and temperatures seem identical on my I5-2400 (Sandy Bridge H67) and CPU Usage doesn't change :( ?

Looks iffy

[​IMG]

PS: Sorry i hate the horizontal limitation as much as you probably do, and this are just the few realtemp sensors + 2 Application sensor ;)

[​IMG]

PS: CoreTemp also lets DPC latency explode (though only with On the Fly FSB detection active)

Both used @ the same time have no big impact on DPC latency (though results are very different) :)

[​IMG]

I guess CoreTemp is wrong on Sandy Bridge (not updated Intel Specs ?)

Aida64 shows no Frequency Change @ all and also CPU-Z seems not really to show it it sometimes jumps but not really often it stays @ Multiplier 16 even on High Power Profile (used here) very strange

Hwinfo32 also shows different results from both RealTemp and CoreTemp :( geez so many different results you really don't know who to trust :(

Here is what Hwinfo32 and the other say :(

[​IMG]

so every 1 has their own idea of what the current Frequency is ;)

Also its interesting that this seems to save the same energy as when you use the Minimal Energy Usage Profile and stay all the time @ Multiplier 16 (idle) and low Vcore, though it could be that my Watt meter isn't responsive enough (standard cheap consumer one no Voltcraft), definitely different to CNQ that im used to where i saw a heavy Watt drop when on the Minimal Energy Profile, though ASUS EPU is on this board (their own Volt switching logic) and i wonder how that impacts this (maybe i should try disabling it and see what happens). Asus AI Suite 2 btw gives some functions no 3rd party application yet can provide (EPU Controll (no disabling though), PLL Controll,Fan Controll) though their Probe 2 (Nuvoton Sensor readout) is not really well done performance wise :p

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  9. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    The RealTemp RTCore.dll plugin seems to be working correctly on your Sandy Bridge CPU. I can't say the same about some of those other utility programs that you are comparing it to.

Core Temp has not been updated yet for Sandy Bridge.

If you want a steadier multiplier at idle, try playing with the C1E/C3/C6 sleep states as well as the Control Panel - Power Options - Minimum processor state.

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Arghhh yes it works now i disabled all other Sensor Plugins now Load states, Distance and Temperatures are unique, maybe it was a problem with CoreTemp Driver loaded @ the same time :)
    But still CPU Usage Sensor of RealTemp shows 0% (not a real problem as Rivatuners High Resolution CPU Usage Sensor i guess is efficient enough).

[​IMG]

Yep with Minimum Power Usage and Desktop Profiles it stays steady @ 16 as expected (idle), you can also see that in 1 of the Pictures when i switched from it to the High Performance Profile (XP) and the multi switching up/down starts :)

Or here

[​IMG]

Flat line is Multiplier 16 @ Minimum processor state and then switching to High Performance (dunno the exact name for the US Win XP)

Your RealTemp really rocks 1 of the few native plugins that doesn't need the main Application to run (shared memory readout) thx for that :)
    Cant you also implement the other Sensors from your RealTemp Main Application like the VID,Multiplier,BCLK state and Power Consumption that would rock even more :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011

11. unclewebb

unclewebb Guest

GPU:
    VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB
    For Load Monitoring, have you tried turning on the C0 State graph? Here's a Sandy Bridge example from above.

[​IMG]

On a Core i CPU, I prefer that data to the Task Manager load meter based data.

I know that AIDA64 and its desktop sidebar gadget do not treat the shared system performance monitoring timers in a friendly manner. If rogue software decides to randomly start and stop these timers, it can screw up the accuracy of every other monitoring program that is trying to use them. RealTemp and the RTCore.dll plugin treat system timers as a shared resource so are safe to use together.

The RTCore.dll plugin has been mostly ignored during its lifetime. After 2 years, this thread is up to page 4 which tells me that there isn't a lot of interest in any further development. It's possible for me to add some more data to the plugin for Sandy Bridge but it will probably be a while before I have the time to work on this further.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  12. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Unfortunately Unwinder gave up at Riva in those 2 years and I guess that's the explanation about little interest in RealTemp plugin. :(

13. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    yeah its a pity seeing such a very well done software die and be replaced by something less useful :(

14. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    How can i use this with msi afterburner?

15. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    You can't.

16. jpmackay

jpmackay Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD 7750 2 GB
    Where are the files supposed to be in what folder?

I just download the file of RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner 3.06 about 20 minutes ago. After extract the zip file and where are these five files go? Yes I did read the information and don't see the exe file in RealTemp plugin. Wonder if that is a problem otherwise not sure where to extract the five files to? I did download the program of RivaTuner (the latest one) two days ago. All I see the five files in RealTemp folder after extract are below:

RTCore.dll
    RTCore.rth
    RTCore.cfg
    download_from_www.guru3d.com_nfo
    guru3d.url

Is the exe file suppose to be included with the five files above or not.

Your help would be appreciated

Thank you,

John

17. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    rth to X:\RivaTuner v2.24c\Help\Plugins\Monitoring

RTCore.dll
    RTCore.cfg

These two to:
    X:\RivaTuner v2.24c\PlugIns\Monitoring

18. jpmackay

jpmackay Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD 7750 2 GB
    I followed your instructions and nothing work yet next. The program of RivaTuner is working but not the RealTemp plugin. I wonder if I have to uninstall them first then reinstall them again or what is the other solution to solve the problem so I can see the plugin on the screen of the desktop monitor.

Thank you for your patience.

Smile,

John

19. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    If this is your CPU then RealTemp cannot help you.

20. jpmackay

jpmackay Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD 7750 2 GB
    This is my mistake with the processor and I have upgraded the processor and memory rams too also a new power supply box unit because the other power supply unit have died. Now you see the right information on my profile.

Thank you again,

John