Singularity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    somehow Activision ****ed up the way UE 3 loads the textures.... In UT3 it does the same but it takes 5 to 10 seconds to fully load the textures after the initial level loading... in Singularity it takes minutes for textures to load...

2. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    C'mon guys, stop bitching about texture streaming, I got this problem with every UE3 game since GoW... Don't shoot the game devs, shoot the engine :) It never wasn't that bad, however. It's like if other modern games are blockbusters, Raven games are perfect B-movies straight from 90's, and this one is a very good example. I mean, where else nowadays can you see anything like this? :wanker:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Mr.Bigtime on the TEST..

Guys, i have no problems, no texture streaming no sound issues runs good yeah low textures there and here some places but no big problem. reminds me BIOSHOCK and better than it for me.

and i can play with GAMEPAD!! when this comes to STEAM??

edit: anticitizen..thanx for the answer..and lol yeah it can mean anything these days :D

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Lol yeah it supports gamepad, I said on my post that I was playing it on my 360 controller without even configuring anything :p

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol sorry i didnt see it :)

if iam not mistaken, when u shoot a specific part on enemy body, u simply destroy it.. i mean SCARS on taht area appears..scars, holes etc..

edit: and here the steam page

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42670/

but no PURCHASE ICON :(

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This is what happens when Activision publishes a game they don't care about. Activision have been crapping over Raven's games for a while now....

Go to their site, you'll find adds for the new DJ Hero, Guitar Hero... Call of Duty... but Singularity isn't even listed.
    This is why id Software wanted away from Activision. It really sucks that Raven is owned by Activision. :( I'd love to see what they could do with a publisher that actually cared about what they were doing.

As for the lack of ini files, that doesn't seem possible. I'm not saying it isn't possible... just hard to really believe.
    I can understand no files being in the game's directory... but what about in the documents and settings\"user name"\my documents (or possible "application data")
    That's where I've had to go to get ini files for damn near every UE3 game I've played.

7. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    I love Ravensoft from when they did Hexen, Jedi Outcast/Academy, Quake 4 and Wolfenstein... but one of my original favorites was Soldier of Fortune. While playing this game, the parts of the body you shoot gets blown off and I was like.. wait that reminds me of Soldier of Fortune lol and loath and behold.. this was by the same company. I like seeing those types of trademarks games do and that they're known for.

Activation is getting so bad that they're making EA look good -_-;

8. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB

It's true about the ini files.. I can't find them anywhere either..
    Been modifying almost all my ue3 game's ini's.. But this is a hard one, since they're gone lol..

although.. there is a config file.. but.. it's.. in the registry lol...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Activision\Singularity

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Damn. That is just..... odd. Hopefully something turns up. Raven is usually really good about listening to the community and trying to patch/fix problems that users find.

10. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tweaked it... Looks a bit better with composite dynamic lights on (as UE3 games always do, I wonder why devs keep on disabling such a cool lighting feature), but rest of the settings don't seem to affect anything.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    how do u do that?

12. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Through Regedit.

There are same settings as in usual UE3 .ini files, best thing you can do is to set CompositeDynamicLights to 1, MaxAnisotropy to 10 (which will result 16x), MaxMultisamples to 8 (doesn't work for me anyway) and MaxShadowResolution to 800 (will result in 2048 Kbytes, some shadows do look better). Don't set AllowD3D10 to 1, otherwise game won't start. To add some additional shadows set bEnableBranchingPCFShadows to 1.

EDIT: You can also set AmbientOcclusion to 1, but it doesn't seem to work.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Is there a way to modify the streaming textures that way?

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
  15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    THX to Indeo for the tweak tips..
    @Damien_Azreal - there is an option about streaming textures but its standart on "0", i dont know what happens when you put it on "1" (on)
    here are pics of the reg options...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

greetz Beta

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  17. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    The unreal 3 engine settings are in the registry?
    wow

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thanx for info mate :)

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    because it merges nearby dynamic lights making it worse that's why.. its best to keep it disabled unless you want higher performance with uglier iq.

edit: wow forcing anti aliasing is a killer, it literally cuts my fps in half.. at the beginning on the island i got avg 110-120 fps, now with forced 2xaa just 40-60fps.. usually around 45fps:3eyes:

i didnt see any streaming yet, im hoping for the best, and the game looks good too,.. although typical unreal3 engine fx; fire, smoke, foliage, characters, etc.. nothing bad though.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE