What happened to NVIDIA?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I have to say this one makes a bit more sense that it's shield's fault. Of course Nvidia will never admit it.

2. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    After Nviida took the betrayer from AMD the driver sucks :D
    Same time AMD Driver get some Quality, how ? :D

3. ReloadAO

ReloadAO Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    I must admit for me it is really big issue right now. I used to have dell xps with sli 8800MGTX and everything was working perfectly, not maxed but working!

I know they need some time, but for Nvidia it is unusual to have sooo many problems at the same time.

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I have no problems with nvidia drivers. The same like 2 years ago, not more en not lesser. Same for AMD cards. If you dont make problems than its all good. If you make problems than you have problems with drivers.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I very rarely have issues with NVidia drivers, but the 326.19 knocking out my Catleap monitor cannot be blamed on anything else other than the drivers.

That said, I do agree that the majority of purported driver issues aren't due to faulty drivers, but to unstable overclocks, corrupt OS/data, slow connection, terrible settings etcetera..

People with sky high CPU overclocks in particular often forget that excessive voltages can cause degradation over time. This happened to me with my Core i7 920 d0. I had it at 4.2ghz for the first year fully stable, but then it started crashing and locking up and I eventually had to lower it to 4.0ghz with the same amount of voltage. Towards the end of it's 4 year life cycle, it had stability issues running at 4ghz as well..

Eventually I got rid of it and upgraded to a 3930K, but since the degradation was a relatively slow process, some people might have blamed the instability on their video card drivers; because that's the most frequently changed system driver by far.

Same thing with people modifying the BIOS on their video cards and changing the default settings.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^can you upload a copy of your 770 bios. I want to give gpu boost 2.0 a whirl.

7. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    i run SLI and have zero issues. I think most of the issues come from peoples insane system overclocks. and card overclocks.

I try to do a clean install with new drivers. sounds insane but the pcs have become so fast it doesn't matter.

another thing I think people uninstalling and installing drivers. and using cleaners. messing things up trying to squeeze out of bit of performance.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I'll upload it later when I go home..

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I just got home myself what brand are your cards? and thanks

10. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    I heard the entire driver development team got eaten by a giant mutant star goat.

11. GPU

GPU Guest

I love the 4.5" x 4" gui on a 27" monitor can't wait for 4 k it will be 2" x 2".
    -it might not be as bad if it wasn't programed by the largest vid. card maker , who's programers must use 12" mono chrome monitors to program with , or the nv ceo that uses a sub 12" netbook to ok the release of the nvcp .

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090

And it was at this point that I bought 2 Nvidia cards for the first time in years.

Bugger...

13. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    You should try AMD drivers then, they can't even reproduce a bug.

14. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    I'd been on 314.22 up until last week, when I took the plunge to 326.19 - I skipped the 320 releases due to a combination of not really needing any performance boosts for newer games, and the reported instability issues of 320.xx.

But, a week on 326.19 and no crashes in any games as yet. Then again, I know for a fact that my CPU and GPU overclock are both rock solid, so...

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AMD drivers for single gpu setups work fine. It's Nvidia who have been having the issues recently with drivers and that's what we're talking about here

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You should try a 69xx card and then say that they dropped proper support of the Cayman as soon as GCN was released. BTW I speak from experience you know I still use one.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Gigabyte. Stock clock is 1137, with boost up to 1189. Mine will boost all the way up to 1241 though on average without any overclocking. OK, I thought I could upload a file using the website but I don't see an option, so should I just e-mail it to you?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, who cares about 69xx cards, right? ;) still, it's more important to get the new cards working.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    yeah Ill pm u my email
    techpowerup just has gainward and palit 770 4gb bios
    anybody with an evga 4gb classy bios?

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    And you wonder why I jumped to Nvidia :banana:
    In all seriousness the drivers were never stable for that card, and I'm sorry to report they aren't still and never will be :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.