SimCity Patch Introduces More Bugs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oy ... You know that massive SimCity patch that was supposed to fix everything? It went about as well as you can expect. Fans have taken to Reddit and official forums to decry the mess, which has le...

SimCity Patch Introduces More Bugs

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Well, well...talk about one sh!tty patch. :p

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Some of the bugs can be fixed by the player, like rezoning areas to solve the perpetual construction site issue; but the big bug is being on a 16 city map and having one crucial city unusable because it won't load even after ten minutes of watching the stupid messages about reticulating splines and Llamas.

Other bugs were not really fixed to any satisfactory level, like the traffic problems and emergency vehicles not getting road priority or even doing something basic, like overtaking - all whilst sims are either dieing, burning alive or being mugged/killed.

Still fun to play, but these problems make that fact worse.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    simcity, is being maimed by ea now.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh it must be a server side issue. After all, a lot is being calculated in the cloud.

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Huh?
    Isn't Sim City only using the server for saving games and checking licenses?
    I mean, there was an article on it being perfectly playable offline after modifying the executable to spoof the connection.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sarcasm :p

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    :biggun:

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    EA is pooping all over us.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    This must be the failure of 2013.

12. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Not true

Well there is no crack available so the case probably is that this guy was lying and the simulation doesn't actually work correctly without the servers.

And what comes to the "new bugs"... Maxis said you have to replace some buildings to make the game update the simulation. I did as told unlike some people and the patch fixed everything they told. Of course there are still more things to fix but at least the game is now playable.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cause alot casual people read what patchs actually do?? alot of those causal people just want to play the game, Which seems to be issue since the game launched

I still say EA is gona run another franchise i loved threw the ground like they are so good at

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Gotta say Iam loving Simcity, oh I am not playing the game in fact I didn't buy it, I saw the mess that was coming and decided to hold off but the endless raft of comedy that is everything to do with the DRM, the patches and the game issues, well it is really quite funny to read about.

I do feel a little guilty though cause for all the fun I am having laughing at the endless catalogue of fail that has been everything to do with Simcity I have to remember that quite a few poor folk actually paid real money for the 'game'.

15. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    The thing is, and i think we´ll all agree, we should already have certain standards of quality in the videogame industry anno 2013, especially for a company such as EA. The worst is, our sims are floating in poop. That´s inexcusable.

16. wantobe

wantobe Member Guru

GPU:

What about quality control in food industry? What am I talking about... there is absolutely NO product/service quality control AT ALL especially in corporate sector that is why we eat poison, drink water with poison and doctors are ONLY killing us on top of that but sincerely.

Bilderberg scums are not interested in quality or customer satisfaction or how you feel their only interest is profit and 98% of population are following this ridiculous scheme on daily basis for A LONG TIME.

And what are people are doing because of this joke from EA? Nothing, cry in forums. Everyone is expecting goodness but truth is that it is only getting worse.

17. VeeHexx

VeeHexx Member

Not to worry - everyone was compensated with a free game which makes it all better. not sure why everyone is up in arms? :p
    When will people learn.

so glad i bought Anno 2070 instead of simcity.

18. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    "Gotta say Iam loving Simcity, oh I am not playing the game in fact I didn't buy it, I saw the mess that was coming and decided to hold off but the endless raft of comedy that is everything to do with the DRM, the patches and the game issues, well it is really quite funny to read about."

I saw it too but even more funny is that most people who complain about SimCity doesn't even own the game... Yeah the game is still buggy and allows creation of funny videos but if you don't try to purposely trick the system it actually works quite ok now.

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man this is worse than Diablo3 1 month later after launch. Blizzard got their act together 1 month in. Unlike EA who has been slacking off based off this article.

20. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    So glad I didn't waste my hard-earned money on this abysmal game.