AMD Catalyst 12.2 Preview Driver (8.940.0 January 20) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]

As you see, all is fine here. Try to delete your browser, should help :nerd:

2. Yashida

Yashida Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4670 AGP 8x
  3. King Kong

King Kong Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Which driver do you think is better, performance-wise, for Skyrim? This one here or that one 8.95 from Jan. 17th?

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    w00t.
    I'm SERIOUSLY insterested in this codecs they slaped in the package. Among all the fixes. I will use them.

Thanks a lot asder! You are awesome! AMD, you too are.

5. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    You have to restart your browser, if still no luck you have to then restart your PC. It will always display a green screen when you install a new driver as flash now uses your video card instead of the browsers software like it did before.

6. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Tested and CCC is bugged.
    Also doesn´t work changing of mode of switching of graphics card.
    (I setted manual->apply and after "apply" and screen flickering it changed back to automatic :/)

7. SoWErA

SoWErA New Member

GPU:
    MSI6950TFrozrIIIPowerE/OC
    So far working perfectly only tested them in windows 7 64bit.

I haven't had any time to test games or 3d but I am sure that will work.

I had 12.1a installed and I uninstalled it and then when system rebooted I went safe mode and driver sweeper and removed all amd drivers and on reboot to windows I installed 12.2 Preview and then I believe I rebooted 1 more time after setting all the settings I wanted.

In case someone wanted a guide for how it was done when it all worked out :)

8. smoney

smoney Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    In BF3 I have better performance with the 11.12 Nov 18 beta. A little disappointed.

9. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    For me these drivers fixed some long standing CCC crash issues I had on my two mixed 5870 CrossfireX'd cards with a native display port Eyefinity 3x1 setup. :D

And yes, I knew it was a driver issue with my specific hardware as this was with a fresh install of Win 7 64-bit Ultimate, tested TWICE with AMD's support team. The last previous driver NOT to crash was the old GUI 10.12 drivers from over a year ago...

With this release, I did not install Win 7 from scratch. I simply disabled my Eyefinity group, reset CCC to defaults, uninstalled the last CAP, then uninstalled my previous 11.11c drivers and rebooted. Then I installed this 12.2 (And nothing else) rebooted and recreated my monitor groups and saved over my old CCC Presets I had for one, two extended, 3 extended and 3 Eyefinity-grouped monitor configurations. NO CCC CRASHES! I also disabled ULPS in the registry for good measure like I always do.

I'm going to go test with games now...

10. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    skyrim crossfire flickering is still present

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Tested on my 6850 @ 1000/1150 and BF3 seemed pretty stable.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  12. lastzombie

lastzombie Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 2gb 6950@6970 cf
    i was doing ok with crossfire before but now catalyst doesnt recognize my second card. i checked gpu-z it does see my second card. what is the problem here? also i have no graphic overdrive to overclock my cards. changing back to 12.1. i had preview of those crossfire and overclock was fine with them...

13. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    CCC is broken, nothing new. Ignore it.

14. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Good driver, Stable and in Xilisoft Video Convertor AMD APP is now enabled, going to chk some games........

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Working perfectly fine, no issues to report.

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    seems ok,

unlike the earlier 12.x its fine with AB...

skyrinmis fine, no crashes....im running the beta patch, MUCH better.

17. Johnny Rook

Johnny Rook Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 3Gb
    Yeah, I have same problem: CCC doesn't recognise 2nd GPU NEITHER does MSI Afterburner so, it's not CCC that's broken; it's something else like some hardware compatibility issue, I don't know. All I know is that I did a fresh drivers install after cleaning with Driver Sweaper and with Atiman Uninstaller and it still doesn't recognise 2nd GPU.

BUT, Crossfire DOES work, regardless -- strange behavior that is. :eyes:

I'm just not in the mood to fresh install Windows because a BETA driver so, I'm changing to 9.85, Jan 17 and wait for final public release.

Johnny

18. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Tested with skyrim, still getting flickering textures and corruption in crossfire mode, good performance with crossfire disabled just like before probably a few fps more but unnoticeable, Don't know if AMD are aware of this problem ? If they are there sure taking there time.

19. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I think the Skyrim issue is at Skyrim's end. Lots of Nvidia configs have the same issue...

As for your 2nd GPU not being recognized, try disabling ULPS in the registry?

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    These seem pretty good so far, a profile for pCars.exe (Project Cars?) and Opera.exe in the ATIDxx32.dll (DX10/DX11 stuff.) and some smaller profile changes in ATIUmdag.dll (And a pCars.exe profile there as well.) though I'm not seeing any larger differences between this and 12.1a (8.930.1 or what they were, these being 8.940.x or such.)

Unfortunately there's probably the usual Crossfire issues and poor support for upcoming software but that's nothing unexpected, maybe a new CAP can solve part of this. :)