AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yes, what the hell are you doing to those drivers? :smoke:

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    TwL is pulling the best out of them :) while saying 'perkele' 1 million times when his thoughts pass the ATI driver engineers.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I thought he rubbed a lamp, damn.
    All those lamps I bought are a waste.

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @CoMa666

I am currently working with 10.5a set for a while all in all, if something works this should work for you too even while I mainly call v1.00/v1.08 an HD4 drivers.

@commonly

Looked a lot yesterdey on older drivers seems largest issue on BF:BC2 is actually scretching resolution from it's native resolution to something else. So,
    if you're using something else than 16:9 (like I am at 1920x1200) you might wanna look in to it.

-UPDATE-

I am going to build as promised an 'TRUE' BF:BC2 driver and I will do so to v1.13 HD4 card builds as it already uses v10.5a baseline. This driver is fully
    compatible with HD5 cards and can be used clean up. Just because build is named as 'HD4' build doesn't mean it won't work just fine with HD5 card.
    However, this means you will NOT see 'Internet Video Enhancement' tab in the CCC panel.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Is the bc2 driver going to work with cfx on 58xx?

Still can`t get the 4.23 driver to work with cfx. Yes I press "C" under install :p

6. LauZaIM

LauZaIM Member

GPU:
    GTX470@U2311H
    I had severe problems in WoW with 4.23a drivers. Whenever I moved the mouse my framerate dropped to unplayable levels. I tried the Live client and the PTR client, both had the same issue. I reinstalled the 4.22 drivers and the problem is completely gone.

7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Unsure as for now. I tested the concept of building the BC2 driver against 10.5a seems I am ending up pretty near, but even with 10.5a as core driver I just cannot get rid of the tearing.

As for 4.23 and CFX should work actually rather well. Dunno why on your end it wouldn't work.

Well can't help you in there. I do know the difference, but I doubt this is gonna be changing anywhere on next build.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  8. LauZaIM

LauZaIM Member

GPU:
    GTX470@U2311H
    I gave V2 of 4.23a and 4.23b a try as well and it results in the same issue. Back to 4.22.

9. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Omg thanks Twl, i'm waiting your driver!
    You think you are able to upload it today?

10. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Nizzen i have same setup like you only proc it's different, what problem do you have?
    I mean with bad company, mine is crash to desktop with all drivers, only 10.5a and 10.4 works good... but i need 10.8-10.9 for play starcraft...
    Anyway if you force the game in dx10 the crash dissapear, the problem it's when you play in dx11 with crossfire and divers 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9.

11. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    It's a bit late was playing 'prey' a bit :)

I was working with the set before that and I think I can drop up something in few. I'm gonna do similar optimization than on 1.08 with new modules to
    consider. That worked for HD4 CFX it most work for your setup as well and if 10.5a worked now then the issue simply cannot be in driver while built upon
    functional driver. Although, if the 4.22 worked that means 10.9a worked that means issue is not in the actual driver, but in the modules, but if even none
    of official drivers since 10.5a has worked and crashes well there we got some dilemma.

Gonna add you an experimental set using 10.5a. Although, I still believe I've just missed something on 4.23 CFX mode. Like for example perhaps the DX
    wasn't threaded for HD5 also from DX10-11 core of 10.9a which was officially released for HD4 and that might be an error there. Where 4.22 was utilizing
    10.9 WHQL which again threaded DX11 very well.

-edit-

on a second through, if it would be possible on either of you guys pop me an MSN I could test couple options as I cannot test locally would be easier to
    get an source of the problem on the open. my MSN is on corner of message or PM here would also do.

12. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    All drievrs give to me and many ppl crash to desktop, i read many posts about this seems a bug with dx11 and catalyst, i hope you will can do a betetr driver, 10.8+10.5 togheter will be great, anyway i'm to wait your new realease;)

13. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Prey evry good game, i have it finished at max difficulty

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Try this package and see what it says...

<adding a bit smaller package>

(It ain't gonna be smooth in processing with this set, but I just wanna know does CFX work ok and mainly are there crashes any longer. Driver is based on 10.5a.)

-edit-

a bit smaller pack.. ~75.42 MB...:

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/75136833/file.html

I will improve the set, if it's functional and no crashes occur.

@commonly

Updated BF:BC2 topic now to have basic fixes.. There is an new fix now available for 16:10 display setups and 4:3 monitor setups and ATI DVA
    functionality improvement to the game.

Will update the v4.23 today/tomorrow based upon latest I modified my own installations. Reflecting the new concept where the 'jump' in BF:BC2 actually
    is and not based upon DVA screw up as that road is like stop sign as no way in hell ATI will fix they crappy DXVA detections.

If someone wants some kind of BF:BC2 launcher.. I'd suggest that you add 1920x1080 to 'settings.ini' copy it to 'settings.bak' and add 'loader.cmd' to BF:BC2 path looking something like this:

Code:
    @echo off
    BFBC2Game.exe
    copy /Y "%userprofile%\documents\BFBC2\settings.bak" "%userprofile%\documents\BFBC2\settings.ini"

and launch this instead of BF:BC2 icon or make a shortcut. Where .bak file of course would have:
    So, game always launches with 1920x1080 (or 1920x720 in alternate). As for EyeFinity this same works as XXXXx1080 & XXXXx720.

15. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Sc2 works great
    Bc2 works great during the gameplay, very fast but it crashed to desktop when the map change, dx11.
    i simply installed your drivers and launched the game.
    Anyway you are near the drievr seems promising

16. shank118

shank118 Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512 MB
    Thanks for your drivers TwL. I'm using the HD 3/4 v 1.08. Just a few questions so I hope you bear with me.

I'm playing PES 2011 on my CRT monitor which is at 85Hz. However, PES runs at 60 Hz. Even though Vsync is turned on in CCC, it doesnt work because PES is a Direct3D game. What should I do? Is it okay to use RadeonPro to turn vsync on or would it clash with your drivers?

Also, how do I check whether I'm using the modified Inf or not? Because when I ran the inf_selector, it didnt seem to change in the package drivers folder, so I copied and pasted them manually. Now I'd like to check if they are indeed the ones I'm using.

Thanks again for your drivers. Cheers!

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I honestly don't think the issue is even on the drivers any longer. I know 100% sure the same drivers would work on quadfirex BF:BC2 clean-up. So,
    not functioning on your CFX is just weird. I believe issue is something else not setup correctly.

Could or have you try the v3.90a from first page see, if that works ?

Screw the VSYNC an force the refresh rate with some tool directly. EA games are a bit tricky as they are usually coded worst than anything. Also you might
    wanna check on game configs on My Documents or where ever those are. Those will override the refresh of system so perhaps solution could be found
    on there (and help full hint if you find the refresh in the config and even while you change it game keeps changing it back.. change it and add read only
    attribute to the config sometimes works with these titles).

18. shank118

shank118 Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512 MB
    It's not an EA game, its from Konami lol. So, you are saying use RefreshForce or something like that? The thing is my monitor CAN run 60 Hz, just that it flickers a lot, so that's why I'm using 85 Hz.

How about the checking whether I'm using your mod INF?

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Ok, my mistake 'Konami' well we still came from 'worst' to 'really bad'. ;P

Well, refresh force probably won't do the trick (of course it won't hurt to try perhaps D3DOverride?) it might have issues, I would suggest ToMMTi 3D Analyzer but that can only force 100hz. (might still be
    worth a shot). Also ATI Tray Tools might be an very good option it can force any graphics to monitor highest hz, if I can recall correctly.

but there's other alternative and I still suggest that you take a look on game configs.

(heh, reminds me some years back on one title where in the end I installed my own driver which had exactly 1 resolution and 1 frequency to use to make the games work with my 17' CRT.) :)

20. shank118

shank118 Member

GPU:
    HD 4870 512 MB
    Ahh yes I've been using D3DOverrider all along, even before I installed your drivers. Was wondering if it would cause any problems. Tried it just now, and I dont know if its just me, or it tends to skip sometimes. So I was looking for other alternatives. In the game settings, the vsync option is greyed out, as it is only available if screen refresh is 60 Hz. Maybe I'll try RadeonPro or ATI Tray Tools. Just didn't want any conflicts between them and your drivers. :D