Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's probably at least 2 years away, but I'm still looking forward to it, loved all the ME games and I can see how it will be quite interesting to see how they come up with a new plot after the massive one that ended in ME3. Also, I'm sure it will be a big leap visually, frostbite is a great engine and it will look even better in the right artists/leveldesigners hands.

3. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    they locked themselves out of the sequel with that ending, but it is bioware we are talking about here and they know what to do with a dead horse :D

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It will take some time for sure before this is out.

5. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    ME4 will go to production similar to Dragon age.
    Every game will tell different story just like DA but it will have connections to previous or parallel plots. So, ME5 could tell parallel plot to ME4 if Bioware writers choose that.
    I think this is good because that way plot holes are reduced. Remember the ME3. It's plot bug nuke.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Mass Effect 4: Everything we know so far

Also,

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, the Shepard series ended with enough continuity issues of it's own. ;)

8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    "Imagine what we can do now with the power of new consoles.." this made me cringe, hope it won't be some bad console port, other than that ,the prototype environment looks nice.

9. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    "Imagine what we can do now with the power of new consoles" Said every dev ever within the past year. :bang:

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the unexployer Mass Relays, because there is no place else that would justify a sequel. And there is no paralleling of saving the galaxy [INSERT REAPER REPLACEMENT HERE]

:banana:

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I didn't like ME3 how you walked around with your weapon always up... it looked so silly.. have yet to finish it.. Doubt I'll get ME4..

I really liked 1 and 2

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I really liked ME 1 and 2, but there were lots of things about ME3 I didn't like.
    It's an okay game, but it was an incredibly lackluster conclusion.

So, I'm seriously doubting my ability to get excited for a new Mass Effect.

12. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    For me, Mass Effect 3 was a mixed bag but I definitely enjoyed playing it. The two main things I didn't like were 1) the ending and 2) how Cerberus suddenly became evil again at the drop of a hat.

Regardless, I will preorder the shizzle out of ME4 as the Mass Effect trilogy is my favourite gaming series of all time.

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The Mass Effect series is one of my favorites, my only problems are the ending of number 3 and how we have to fight Cerberus so much instead of the Reapers.

I think ME3 would of been better if they kept to the Dark Energy plot that was the background plot of ME2.

14. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Last thing i've "heard" about ME4 is that it was going to revolve around James from ME3. In ME3 he was enlisted for N7, maybe becoming the next "shepard".

Too bad I hated James with his loco crap. If true it means that it will be a sequel? I'm wondering how Bioware is going to fix ME3's outcome. :)

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Can't wait... :)

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Combat was a bit better in ME3 but pretty much everything else was worse. I hate the lighting, shadows and downgraded textures vs. ME2. Also custom Sheps are barely recognisable. Uhh... And the animations...

17. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I agree, really enjoyed ME1 and 2, but 3 definitely felt more like a console port, it just felt too weird... I did´nt finish the game, not even close. But hopefully ME4 will step it up again due to the "next gen" consoles.

18. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    I only throughly enjoyed ME1, ME2 was just alright in my book and I didn't even touch ME3.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Mass Effect 3 was enjoyable in some aspects, but they made a lot of changes to the game that... just didn't help it.
    They introduced new, useless characters that did nothing to expand the story or universe, dragged older characters down with bad writing.
    Seriously, the writing in the third game was the worst out of the three.

And, personally my biggest complaint, the side quests.
    Instead of doing a task to gain a character's trust, or even talking to a character... you just magically "over hear" them talking (even if you're not listening to them, or close enough to really hear) and you get a side quest.
    But, the side quests only involve scanning a planet from space. And sometimes, you have to take something back to someone.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I've been browsing a few fan sites and there appear to be quite a few rumors around about this game. Like it being a prequel based on the first contact war. Then I'm reading this will be a new trilogy focusing on the dark energy aspect that takes place in another galaxy..

Personally I'm more inclined to believe the first contact war rumor. I've always found that to be an exciting part of the ME lore. So I hope that it is true.