Sikkmod v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by EL1TE, Sep 4, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    i cut the screen from those comparison screens above, i didn't try it yet im just collecting the data atm:nerd:

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]---------[​IMG]---------[​IMG]--------[​IMG]------[​IMG]------[​IMG]

------NOAA-------------------16xAA(16xS)----------------8xMS+8xTrSS------------4xMS+4xTrSS+RGB-------4xMS+4xTrSS+FXAA---------4xMS+4xTrSS-----

SOMETIMES DEAD IS BETTER
    I mean less! :wanker:

16xAA is an ingame AA which is identical to 16xS in NV inspector.
    RBG is Sikkmod's Color settings edge AA, FXAA likewise

FXAA forced through NV Inspector, can't be combined with MS.
    MS(multisampling AA) and TrSS(transparency SSAA) were both driver forced.

3. Sikkpin

Sikkpin New Member

For those of you getting a completely black screen when using one of the parallax shaders, download this small patch that contains the proper working shaders.

Cheers.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    :banana:

THX sikkpin..
    and welcome to Guru3D :)

Keep up that amazing work..U really did great. i LOVE ur MODD !!

greetz BetA

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Thanks and welcome to GURU3D!

6. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    love the sikkmod great job!

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'm loving the new sikkmod with wulfen and monoseed's textures (using POM since it looks so good) but I hope there may be further improvements. 8xEQAA forced via RP, 16x Anisotropy in doomconfig.cfg and ultra settings.

FXAA - blurry... I can't stand it even when I increase CG sharpness up to 1.4-1.6. Any more destroys the image quality. Is there a way to tweak the sharpening or blurring?
    RGB AA - a good balance with CG sharpness at 1.4

Shadows - Gaussian looks incredible but slows my system down to ~ 8-10 FPS. Note CFX is not working. I tried box and Poisson but they don't look as good and FPS drops just the same.

I am using all defaults with Bloom on , CG Color with either MATH at 0 (too dark) or LUT 16 or 22 - make sure to set AF to application under Radeon Pro or turn off force AF in CCC and HDR mode 0.1-1.0 luminescence, and Reinhard XYZ, Reinhard RGB and Natural glare.

I cannot use SSIL OR SSAO other than for screenshots. Looks good but the performance toll is high with the hires texture packs.

Edit - I dropped AA down to 2xEQAA (2xSSAA) and enabled SSAO and SSIL now with Gaussian filters. Get ~ 20 FPS!

Still cannot enable Shadows which would still drop to less than 10 FPS but looks incredible.

8. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Thank you and welcome:)
    ...and thanks for posting here !

Finally the gameplay changes (armor/damage values) are not forced now, and the same applies for the HUD (alpha hud), Thank you Sikkpin.
    Overall it looks better than 1.1, the DoF seems more natural (in "automatic" mode), it adapts faster and looks really good IMO.
    And now I can play with DoF and SSAO on :)
    ...I still can't apply/force AA though, but I blame ATI for this.
    [​IMG]

9. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    ey niukniuk how bout a updated complete package for us noobs?still got youre old one

id appreciate it , peace

10. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I'm waiting for RoE sikkmod 1.2 to come out :)

But now there's not much to edit anymore, since in Sikkmod 1.2 you can enable/disable immediately the gameplay changes (armor/damage/ammo) from "original doom 3" to "sikkmod gameplay balance". You can also enable/disable the alpha hud. These were my two main problems with Sikkmod 1.0 & 1.1, and now it's perfect.

So there's not really anything for me to "edit" anymore :)
    I'll just edit the VenomHQmenu with the updated sikkmod 1.2 menu.

11. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    sounds great ill be waiting

p.s: not much to edit?

no matter just reupload youre updated package with youre best settings

make it boom !!!! xD

btw i think the best looking is the offset pom what does yall think ?

oh and please release an update for Prey niukniuk id appreciate it

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    forget about SSIL its kinda like super sampling POM, same with soft shadows not worth the perf. hit.. idk about SSAO but last time i used it there were some visible boundaries, especially in more open areas..

13. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Welcome Sikkpin....your mod rocks.

14. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Another screenshot comparison, this time with the FPS counter in the pictures :)
    (Also: Bloom: ON, Color Grading: ON, Film Grain: ON, HDR: ON, Edge AA: OFF, DoF: OFF, SSAO: OFF, Soft Shadows: OFF, SSIL: OFF, Sunshafts: OFF...and apparently AA off, even thought it was forced @ 4x SSAA)

Default (no vfp files used, glprogs folder empty)
    [​IMG]

Parallax
    [​IMG]

parallax with offset limiting
    [​IMG]

POM
    [​IMG]

Relief
    [​IMG]

steep parallax
    [​IMG]

Notice the errors on the circles on the ground (not aligned), when the first two parallax modes are used.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a limitation in the shader code (EDIT: well game-engine code or what to say.), one of the things people want the Doom 3 (After Rage has been released.) IDTech4 source code for, amongst many other things.

Or so I've come to understand it.
    (Different and more complex techniques will minimize the effect but the limits of the OpenGL API the game uses has it's drawbacks.)

EDIT: Couldn't find the specific post just yet but one thing that came to mind was how the above pictures while showing some subtle differences also looked fairly alike, you are using a texture pack with the correct heightmaps are you?
    (Otherwise the effect would be fairly flat, similar to normal-maps and their impact upon the game, of course the levels and surfaces have their own properties as well and I guess the Mars base has rather subtle details as to avoid making it overly pixelated.)

EDIT: Ah that's my mistake then for not noticing, those both use heightmaps and thus it's just down to those specific textures and materials. :p
    (Having everything being super steep isn't nice either of course, it's a nice effect when utilized properly however as shown in many screens from these mods.)

16. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I'm using Monoxead's and Wulfen's texture packs, which are the "official" Doom 3 texture packs now :)

17. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    well niukniuk?

did you get my latest post? about the prey with sikkmod 1.2 and an updated release of youre complete sikkmod package with high rez textures?

18. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Sikkpin only released Sikkmod 1.2 for Doom 3 at the moment
    RoE will surely came later, and I don't know about Quake 4 or Prey Sikkmod 1.2 versions.

When the RoE version will come out, I'll try to make an "update" to my pack (an archive to extract/overwrite in your current Doom 3 folder, which will bring sikkmod 1.2 and the modified versions of 6th Venom's HQ main menu mod).

But as I said earlier, I'll leave sikkmod untouched (most of the changes I made are already available in this new 1.2 version), so I'll just edit the HQ main menu mod (because the sikkmod options menu is a bit different now: new entries).

It will be faster for me to do this instead of reuploading a whole pack (which I may do, if I have the time ^^)

19. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    ok im counting on you bro , btw prey 1.2 sikkmod would be sikk xD

p.s: i hope you do reupload the whole new updated pack , not that i get confused -.-'

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes :( It also "opened" that big box
    Notice how aliasing was boosted on the last two pics.

Which leaves us with POM, hmm...