Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The cpu tests start but same black screen within 5 seconds. The compatibillity settings didn't work either.

2. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    same here nothing I try works for vantage;( btw I uped the V on my sb to 1.55 and got to run super pi at 5.5ghz;) 06.813 hehe;)

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    thats sucks about vantage for you guys i have not run it for over 6months... i will try to get it going to see if i have that issue

i'm having so much fun with 05 on vista its like cheating it runs so good,sadly its the only older 3dbench that does.

khalam you got a nice chip there it should be nice for global 2d and 3d with your 570.

what kind of temps with 1.55v? thats what i use for my 2600k @5447 no ht.
    i will try pi this weekend on both chips i have.

not for nuttin' the 98gtx's i got on ebay smell like perfume jeez lol

4. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    temps are too high;) it hits 76C in super pi 32m... but thats on a stock CM V8... next week I should get my h70 and mx-3 (using akasa450) and hopefully see a difference;) plus im getting 2x4gb G.Skill Sniper Series ddr 1600mhz 7-8-7-24;) and a second 570;) im having some issues with oc on my current 570 thou it doesnt oc nearly at all, core set to 775 and 3dmark2011 crashes;( and i cant change the V on it because asus smart doctor gives me cannot run eio.dll...

5. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    25.1point in 2 days;)

6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    man some of these scores are very hard to beat, think I might sell the RIIE,920 and 6950 (allready for sale in sale section) and go for p67, 2600k and maybe 560ti or two standard 560's as those could get some nice scores Im sure :)

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    My h70 is alittle better then the stock v8 but not by much 2c-4c...and thats with a 200cfm fan on the h70.too bad you dont live closer i dont use the h70 anymore.
    you should search that error i think i seen something on that??
    Yeah remember the best benchers in the world play on the same field as you and the rest of our team.its dog eat dog.
    well just talking about purely points benching with your planned rig,1 580 would score better.for sli you would need two big boomer cards to point score well.
    would be gamer heaven thuo sb with two 560ti 's or even 560,but so would a 580 maybe too.
    i just sold a perfect condition 580 on ebay for 385 shipped.its funding a 580lightning. when they hit the us market who knows but i am waiting for one..the asus 580dcII is tempting thuogh.

8. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    2.1 points will jump us another place!!! Come on guys!!

Need some faster DDR2 for this rig, could push my Phenom a little further, I'm in 3rd with my Phenom in a couple of benches, would love to jump to 2nd or 1st, would get me 3 or 4 points :)

9. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    Guys what do you think about noctua nh 14d? i can get one for 30 euro extra tfrom mine v8. btw im getting a second 570 dcII on monday;-) that should get some more points

10. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Excellent air cooler - but is it all that much better than the V8 for the hassle?
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1212/6/

V8 seems better at stock, D-14 better load. Though it seems the gap gets even bigger when overclocked.

I have the V6GT which is pretty much on par with the D-14, but a lot smaller (and louder!). 2 x 94cfm fans on it generate about 38dBa each.

They can be replaced very easily though.

The d-14 is good, but huge.

11. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    I thouht ill get a 8-10c difference... dont mind it running 100% fans. i sit a good 2,5m from the pc

12. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Without knowing the comparison of heat output from a 2600k at 5.5 compared to a review of say a i7 920 overclocked, it would be difficult to determine what sort of results you'd see - they might not be that different.

Try find someone with a 2600k and V6gt or d-14 and see what OC'd temps they get. I'll have a google myself to see.

This looks like a beast of a cooler:

Spire Thermax Eclipse II

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    how far can you push that Asus Direct CUII, before it sounds uncomfortable?

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I seen the diff with the 8v to the h70 on a 2600k its as i said about 5c better at the most with the 8v full speeds and the h70 with 1 200cfm tornado jet fan on it.
    my mega prolima with the same 200cfm fan is 5c(load) better then the h70 believe it or not...thats with no case at all.
    if it was better i would be using it and not just letting it sit there :)
    nice and quite thuo the h70 with the stock fans and is a swell cooler tbh.

taking my 560 it for a test drive in 05 standard cooling thuo..

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Ill have the 260 and the sli 7800gt waiting for you cowie. Just need the 2500k for now I will have cash.

16. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    Guys im fed up ive tried everything to get that asus smart doctor to work.... i want to run it at 1.08-1.1v to get a decent oc, atm anything over 765/2000 fails 3dmark 2011. temps are ridiculesly low so i dont mind it running higher V. with the distance im away from the pc and the loudnes of my current V8 at 100% the gpu fan cant be heared if its below 70%...

17. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    MSI Afterburner. Should be able to unlock a bit of voltage adjustment.

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Just came accross this thread. Been using HWBOT site for Guru3d for a while now. I'll post some more benchies soon. I just got an EK waterblock for the 2nd GTX580, and i'll be ordering a hopefully better clocking 2600k within the next week or so, so when i get chance to sort out my loop i'll be pushing some more scores for sure :)

19. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    Sadly msi afterburn has the voltage tab blocked for me:-( just to make sure its not the cpu i left the pc on for 200 max ibt runs today at 5ghz and no errors, so uits not the cpu. i hope to be hardware safe for max detail gaming for a while now (at least a year or a year and a half). last thing i want to get is some good ram up to 200€, any recomendations?

20. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I decided to join the team.

I tried to submit a MaxxMem benchmark, but as always, I cannot because hwbot refuses my RAM info.

I have tried in the past to reconcile this issue with hwbot admin, but I cannot get any response.

Therefore, I am, unfortunately, unable to participate and have consequently reverted to 'no team'.