Battlefield 4 - New PC Update Released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Electronic Arts and DICE have released a new update for the PC version of Battlefield 4. Although this patch does not bring any stability improvements to the table, the development team promised tha...

Battlefield 4 - New PC Update Released

2. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    one hit kill bug..fine
    audio issues..fine
    but why on earth is DICE once again ignoring the huge amount of people who are experiencing DirectX errors???

makes me wanna ask for my money back.. :puke2:

3. Martix

Martix Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC 2Gb
    I have some problem if my memory usage is too high, after closing all programs game working very fine.

4. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    I enjoy the battlefield series a lot over the years...however this release has simply left a bad taste in my mout.....EA again showing they simply don't give a shat about the customer...totally sad and pathetic...yes everyone knows software is never 100% esp when designed for multiple platforms....

However the state of current game release's is appalling and needs to change....
    This release was super buggy and a huge slap the face for a lot of people as the game was over 100$ for those payed for premium but received a unpolished turd lo....

Last EA title for me for long time

5. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Yeh and two bugs which annoy me extremely

- revive when in loadout screen, makes it impossible to do anything afterwards, you need to wait the round out or quit

- spawn in a vehicle and 9 out of 10 times you can't look around, exit and enter vehicle and it's fixed, EXTREMELY annoying!

No fixes for that. Sounds like pretty easy to fix though.
    Ah well...

6. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Never had any DirectX problems with BF3/4

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. Arbold

Arbold Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac Amp Extreme
    The new patch actually got rid of all the crashes for me... But it is still one month too late. They should have rather released it a month later in the state it is right now. Glad i only payed 46€ for bf4 with premium, viva mexico. ;)

8. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    I mean I understand the basic of coding and developing a game and understand the complexity of todays designs etc...

However you simply cant justify the poor full game releases witht he amount of bugs and lack of overall quality....

This is hurting the gaming industry and certainly not helping it....

Just so the big wigs can make a instant buck they will simply ruin a franchise to do so...

I find it simply pathetic and feel sorry for those who live like that wether they are loaded ot not...

9. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    It also fixes it if you change the camera to 3rd person and back. Much better than getting in and out of a flying jet!

But it also annoys me the amount of bugs and errors this game has. Starting last week, I started to get a Disconnected from EA Online (1) error. Was fine before that. Now I have to spend around 15 minutes just repeatedly trying to connect to different servers before I can even play the stupid game.

10. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    First, many aren't having issues. Developing for PC is never going to be bug free, because you can't troubleshoot everyone's jacked PC. I've had zero issues with bf4 since the final.

Second, most would rather have fun with the game now then wait another 6 months to a year.

Third, it's not a charity. Consider it a privilege to spend your time gaming. People deserve to be paid for their work and investment.

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Perhaps it's just hard to fix because they may not know if it's because of the game, the drivers or a combination of both.
    Many have the DirectX errors, but many others don't.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Those are usually only from bad gpu OC (low voltage) and if it happened once it will again, until you re-install the driver.

13. negachampa

negachampa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Ti SLI
    As things become more advanced there will be more problems. I do not see this ever changing; for hardware or software. You can't compare the old days of having a polished games to games now a days which are many times more complex. If companies wait until their game is 100% good to go then most games would never make it to market as development costs would far out weight the return on investment.

A company, needs to see a return on investment after a certain amount of time or it is not worth investing in. From a business perspective it makes much more sense to release a game, start generating revenue and then patch after.

I did have crashing issues with BF4 too, about 1 crash to desktop every 45min - hour, mostly when changing maps. But after the patch last night, I played 3 hours with not one crash. I also had the sound bug but that as well did not affect me last night. Hopefully they have fixed the problem. Other than that I really have been enjoying this game.

For the direct X errors. I would only get those when I had a too high overclock. On my 290s anything over 1075Mhz would give me Direct X errors.

BF4 runs like a dream now. looks amazing. I can't wait for Mantle patch to come. I am really hoping it will allow me to run the resolution slider at 200% @1600p and still maintain 60fps all the time. Right now on my trifire setup, I have to scale back the resolution slider to 150% to maintain a min of 60fps in all possible situations.

14. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Sorry to say, and don't take it as an insult, but I never play non hardcore as I think that's for noobs. And on hardcore you can never go 3rd person normally so...

But good for you that you found another solution in your game mode.