Nvidia GTX 650 SSC

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by aidanvernon, Apr 5, 2013.

1. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC

I bought a Nidia GTX 650 Ti SSC just after christmas time, I had it in my computer, it was mounted properly, it had the right cables connected and everything was working, After a week of it working I turned it off one night and the next day I tried turning it on it had completely stopped working. I tried it in my friends computer and it did not work at all. I wasn't playing any intense games that would cause it to act up. I brought it back to the shop and they replaced it under the warranty. I had the replaced one which was also brand new put back into my computer it was all working again for about a week again, I turned my computer off how I usually do by shutdown then turning off the mains switch once the shutdown is complete, and in the morning my graphics card wasn't working at all again, it was the exact same problem as I had before. Although I know the shop won't replace it again, i'm just curious as to what could cause it to just randomly stop working. No it has not overheated and it's completely clean with next to nothing dust in it, the pci port is also clean, I have no idea what cause this since I don't know too much about computers, and right now I'm just curious to see what you guys could think that caused this. It came as SSC = SuperSuperClocked as it was purchased.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    What is your PSU(power supply unit)?

Why are you saying that they will not accept the RMA again?Makes no sense to me at all.You have 2 years of warranty if not more.

3. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    My PSU is an ACE 500w and I thought if the product is broken and replaced it voids the warranty.

4. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    If that's what the shop told you then they are running a scam, especially if the card they replaced it with was brand new as well. Sounds to me like either the card they used wasn't brand new or they are just trying to get out of replacing it, although most places have you return it to the manufacturer unless you pay extra for in-store replacement like best buy or something. Worst case scenario, go to the card manufacturers website, start their rma process, it will ask you to put in the serial number and will tell you whether or not its still under warranty

5. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    I purchased it from PC World, which is a well known store in the UK.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  7. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    No my PSU looks way different, anyways we are going off topic, any idea what caused this problem?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that's not off topic, if your psu is not up to the job things will go tits up. Link to your psu? Or at least give us the +12v rail readings.

9. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    This.

The PSU is the heart of the computer, don't play with it.You are probably burning the card because of your cheap PSU but do not tell that to the shop/manufacturer.

10. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    So it could well be the psu? Sorry i'm not that understanding about computers. But doesn't the power to the gfx card only power it's fan and has nothing to do with the actual card?

11. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    +12v = 16 a

12. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  13. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Okay any suggestions on a new psu? Also do you think they would replace it at the shop like they did last time?

14. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  15. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    To take my psu out I have to remove everything else right? Not quite sure i'll know which wire goes where :p

16. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
  17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes thats a more than decent power supply

18. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    So it's definitely my psu that's causing this problem?

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Sure looks like the root of the problem. Regardless, id get rid of that crappy psu, those dont last long and can dmg hardware over time, best to get rid of it

20. aidanvernon

aidanvernon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Do I need to remove everything in my case to take out the PSU though?