Wii U is Sweet!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Penal Stingray, Oct 28, 2012.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Picked up a pro controller.. Ooooooh Wow.. One sweet ass controller that easily rivals the Xbox controller (similar designs).. Dat 80hrs of battery life per charge though is AMAZING.

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I'll be picking up a Pro-Controller hopefully tomorrow at GameStop for Smash-Brothers U among the other Wii-U titles I currently own plus any future titles.

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Finally Hombrewed my Virtual Wii on the Wii U... Unplugged my original Wii and put it in the closet. Consolidation is a good thing.. The Wii served me good but to have 3 consoles in one box.. Can't beat that.

4. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Got a new Wii U with Mario Kart 8 from the other half for Christmas and I love it!

What I don't love is that I've just read that I could have got a free game if I'd have bought it 7 months ago. That kinda sucks.

You'd have thought they'd have had some promotion on for Christmas. I know they've got that 500 points for £5 thing, but that's not exactly a free game, is it?

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I remember that promo for a free game when you purchased Mario Kart 8. The options were Super Mario Bros U. Pikmin3. Zelda WindWaker HD and Wii Party U. That is how I got Zelda WindWaker HD.

Yeah Mario Kart 8 is a great game.

6. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    You're not helping lol :D

My comment was more tongue in cheek really, a bonus is a bonus, so it's a nice to have but not essential and offered as goodwill. I would have got a Wii U regardless.

It was a sweet deal tho, a £50 game for nowt.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That expires in 2 days though btw

8. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Yeah, I'll not be making the quota on that one lol

9. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I'll tell ya, I am pc gamer that only buys a console for one reason: Mario Kart (and Xenoblade this time).

I figured the gamepad was more of a gimmick but I **** you not, it might be the greatest innovation for home gaming EVER imo.

If this thing gets cracked so it can stream PC to the controller; either through the system itself and homebrew (it is SO EFFICIENT at streaming within a range of about 10m), or from PC directly to gamepad, it will be absolutely perfect for playing games on a couch.

People who doubt streaming look at the Wii U. It is flawless with this system.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I can say this about the game pad. It is great for the platformer style of games for the Wii-U. Action games such as Batman and Bayonetta2 not sure about those games. Fighting games such as Super Smash Brothers U it is not very good for that because it is too big and bulky. However if Nintendo does release a thinner version of the game pad like they have hinted at that might be more feasible for Super Smash Brothers U.

Also Come on Nintendo we need you to start selling the Game Pad as a separate peripheral instead of bundling it with the system.

11. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Picked up The Art Of Balance on sale from the eShop.. Wow.. What a great puzzler.. Very unique spin on the puzzler genre and stupidly addictive..

12. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    While I agree with your point on smash bros (need controller), it is still great for local, mobile gaming (nothing better than sitting on the couch with a free tv). I 3-starred every mario kart 150cc gp- that in itself is a testament to this controller (streamer-pad :).

I also dont think there is a point, from a business perspective, for nintendo to sell that pad as a separate peripheral, since you can only have one attached at a time to a console at a time. (That is supposed to change to 2 at once, I dont think its gonna happen tho, hope im wrong)

Either way, its a way to play legit, nintendo-quality software ranging from nes to wii-u on the gamepad, while youre watching whatever you want on your tv.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy headed to Wii U eShop
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...2-metroid-prime-trilogy-headed-to-wii-u-eshop

****! Those four games alone would make me buy a wii-u.

New Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL UK release date

Finally.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-14-new-nintendo-3ds-and-3ds-xl-uk-release-date
    [​IMG]

Nintendo experimenting with free-to-play, cross-buy for Mario and Pokémon spin-offs
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and free Anime Channel also dated.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lay-cross-buy-on-mario-and-pokemon-franchises

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^I will be interested to see if they have the same aspect ratio running it from te wii-u rather than via the VC, because when i run wii games on the wiiu/vc while the wiiu is set to 1080p, i get black bars on either side of the screen, and i have been considering soft modding the wii-u as the home brew people have had a fix out for this issue for some time.

Although i am leaning towards modding i as i don't really feel like dropping 9 quid just to run the same game i have on disc at present via the wii-u menu, but as you said bud, i will happily drop 9 quid on metroid trilogy, that is quite rare and expensive to buy on disc these days.

Ok Nintendo, not a bad start, now get those gamecube games on there and you can just hold my wallet and take the cash right out, cut out the middle man. lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I saw a stream a few days ago of mario and didn't notice any AR issues on there.

I'm going to get metroid prime trilogy when it comes out though, 3 amazing games for £9 yes please.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Time to play through mario galaxy 2 once more.
    I just bought it from the eshop.
    will be fun to play the game once more since i game my old wii away a while ago.
    Thinking about getting metroid too.

17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Bought Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze today.. Might be one of the best platformers I've ever played.. Since NES.. This game does not screw around.. You're in full controller tossing mode by the second level in the game..

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah I you can have only 1 gamepad synced at a time, however if the gamepad were to break accidentally you have a 2nd one as a back up that is the point that I am trying to say. Also the Gamepad is very good with Wii-U Virtual console games because you can play them from the game pad like with Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3d World.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I think the gamepad is a beast, thing is built like a brick and seems to be just as sturdy, and i think it will last, with ease, will into the launch of the next ninty console.

Plus i don't think Ninty will drop off tv play in their next console as it is such a fantastic feature, i sometimes forget that the games are running on the wii-u and not the gamepad it is such a flawless feature.

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Im thinking of getting Bayonetta2 as well as Bayonetta1 Are these games any good? Never played the 1st game but knew it was on PS3.