MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2 (2011-03-29)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 28, 2011.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2 is ready, changes list includes:

- Updated Italian and Dutch localizations
    - Updated MSI On-Screen Display server:
    - Improved bitrate calculation in AVI file headers
    - Fixed issue causing corrupted audio recording on certain combinations of audio sampling rates and video framerates (e.g. 48000Hz audio and 45 FPS video)
    - Improved audio stream start implementation. Initial silence audio frames are now being physically stored in AVI file instead of defining non-zero audio stream start in AVI file header for better compatibility with some AVI editing tools
    - Improved audio and video streams synchronization under Windows Vista and newer operating systems. Long periods of audio silence are no longer causing audio and video streams to run out of sync
    - Now the server is waiting for 3 seconds before actually starting desktop video capture after switching Aero Glass interface off to avoid seeing interface switching progress on resulting video
    - Fixed issue causing desktop video capture requests to be ignored after single desktop video capture session under certain conditions

The download link of MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/-MSI-Afterburner-2.2.0-Beta-2-download-2604.html

2. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Thanks ! :banana:

3. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    If only we could calibrate the fan curves for each GPU type independently, things would be perfect. In order to keep the PhysX card cool (GTX 285), the HD 6970s have to be deafening. If you make the HD 6970s reasonable, the GTX 285 overheats.

4. Franzisca

Franzisca Member

GPU:
    2x MSI Nvidia GTX 980
    Awesome, thanks!

I had problems with captured video/audio in adobe premiere pro cs5 since 2.2.0 beta 1 (premiere would crash when conditioning the audio after importing).

Will give the beta 2 a try now :)

5. Franzisca

Franzisca Member

GPU:
    2x MSI Nvidia GTX 980
    Well it's the same, premiere can't work with MJPG compressed material if audio is also captured. Uncompressed captures work just fine with audio which is what i'm using now anyway. Beside that everything works great!

6. Conrad.TDI

Conrad.TDI Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1gig
    Thanks again for the rapid fixes and continuing development!

7. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Avidemux is free and it works great for MJPEG with audio.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    is the tri monitoring still in progress for the 580lightning? y=1 n=2 if you cany really answer for nda or something.

[​IMG]

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ok i got ya... i think lol

11. Unwinder

I've just nailed down and fixed resource leak in desktop video capture path, causing it to start capturing plain black frames instead of desktop after a dew minutes of desktop video capture. The fix will be available in 2.2.0 beta 3.

12. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Cool Man. Thanks for the years of great service here and there. :pc1:

13. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Thanks a lot for your hard work, mate.

It is because of your hard work that I bought an MSI card, despite it being quite a bit more expensive than other brands.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

haha dude .. what's 5 minus 4 ? Now relate that to your suggestion.

15. Unwinder

One more video capture related issue has been nailed down and fixed. Some frames in video stream could be periodically duplicated during desktop video capture causing video stream to be longer than it is supposed to be. This caused audio/video de-synchronization after a few minutes of desktop video capture. The fix fill be awailable in 2.2.0 beta 3.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    lol ok i thuoght that...hope you got a box from msi,looking forward to the review

I promise i will try to use all these features you have been working on for us..

17. dillweed

dillweed New Member

GPU:
    xfx 6870
    First of all thanks for the great program.

I have one question, when I cold boot my computer with an ATI 6870 the fan on the video card is really loud. I am using a custom fan profile so I can open up the MSI afterburner window and then click on the "User Define" icon to get the fan back down to a lower RPM setting. On the other hand if I do a reboot the fan works just fine. I was wondering if this might have something to do with some setting since I've been updating since the 1.x days.

Anyways, I'm not sure what more info you need, but any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

18. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    In my experience, when you first boot the rig, all ATi GPUs spin up, stay there a few seconds (to a few minutes) and then spool back down. Next time you boot, see if it quiets back down after a little while.

19. dillweed

dillweed New Member

GPU:
    xfx 6870
    That has been my experience with the 4850's that I had. However, it is different with the 6870 that I am currently running. The fan is quiet throughout the entire boot process and at the point when Afterburner is started that is when the fans ramp up to 50%. Normally the fans run about 23-24% with a temp of 39-40C. But then again it doesn't happen always after a cold boot. It's weird and I can't seem to get a thumb on the problem to squash it.

Thanks for the help

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  20. doggod

doggod New Member

GPU:
    MSI 480
    Is there any way to getting the display server to display the CPU usage as well

Got Shift 2 Unleashed , gpu usage(MSI 480) is average of 50-55% but cpu (q600@3ghz) is only at 65% average, viewing on a second screen
    Would like to be able to record in game vid showing usage of both CPU and GPU
    Tried Riva Tuner but it isnt working with latest nvidia beta drivers( or at least i cant get it to work) on Windows 7 64 bit

Any and all help much appreciated

Edit: Didn't realize that work had stopped on Riva Tuner

Does any know of any other app that will display cpu usage over a full screen 3d game so that it can be recorded by the likes of Fraps in real time

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011