Grand Theft Auto V Leak Leads To Bans

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 15, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Source

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/ms_bans_consoles_running_leaked_gta_v.html

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Lol, this was inevitable for a game with this much hype.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I don't know why Rocksteady are getting their panties in a knot. All the stuff I have read and watched have nothing but positive reactions associated with this game..

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    GTA is like COD, it sells on the name alone, so yeah i dont get what the problem is either, other than the torrent issue which is understandable.

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Am I the only one who has zero interest in this game?

I do get a laugh over it being the 360 version that was leaked and feverishly pirated, especially after remarks from other developers in the past year pointing their fingers at PC gamers specifically.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    360 version leaked. Blame it on PC.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No your not the only one I can never get into these kind of games. The closest I can get is sleeping dogs, but the combat in that game keeps me interested. If it weren't for that I would have dropped that one already as well.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    +1.

Though i am hoping that after the brilliant Max Payne 3 and the apparently awesome Red Dead (havent played yet) that R* will carry over their lessons learned from those two games and give us something worth the money spent.

9. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Console game piracy is huge and has been for years, especially on the 360 where you can even play on XBOX live provided that you do it correctly.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I love the freedom GTA provides, even if the stories aren't always top quality. Having an entire map and a wonderful physics system at your disposal is infinite entertainment for me.

11. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    yeah. The fighting style is unique in sleeping dogs. Hope gta would get similar to that.
    But cars in that game is BS.

12. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I tried playing GTA1 back then in the stone ages. Wasn't impressed, lol. So yea, I am not interested in these games at all.
    Also wtf is up with GAME development costing more than ****ty Hollywood film? lol!

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Guys how can this be played on Xbox live ? ( i thought it was single player only ?) or is it just because your playing ?
    If so sounds kind of cruel for the people who get their game early. i mean illl hopefully get my game on monday, one day earlier then the release.
    what they gonna do ? ban me ?

14. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    They mean playing while logged in to XBOX Live.

MS log the games you play, and sometimes if they see you playing a game for example a week before release, they will ban your account. This happens very rarely though and only happens in extreme cases such as this when there is an embargo on the game, and someone has clearly obtained a copy of the game by whatever means days before release.

Not to mention he flooded the internet with leaked videos and information which showed his gamertag. MS banned his console, not only his account.

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i don't like GTA games, they get boring very fast. open world games must be like Borderlands 2 or stalker for me otherwise no go... but maybe this GTA could be good... the time it hit the PC, will be GOOD PORTED, then we take a look

16. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    preposterous

piracy doesn't exist on consoles damn it!

its all PC! PEEEE CEEEE!!!!

>:[

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yes, it would be probably downloaded using a PC anyway, so PC will always gets the blame. :rolleyes:

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What about the people who are playing the game early but actually paid for their copy? They get banned too? Ridiculous ..

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Wouldn't have thought so. It would be a good way to stop people buying your products!

I approve of the bans for the obvious pirates.

20. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    It makes no difference. MS can't tell between a pirate copy and a legit copy.

So in theory, if you paid for the game then yes this could happen to you. It's the risk you take by circumventing the developer's license agreement.

Even is Microsoft didn't do anything, which they usually don't, Rockstar are banning people from their servers for playing the game early.