Advice for a guy turning 36

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Serotonin, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sunday it happens. I'm officially closer to 40 than 30, on age (technically this happened a day after 35).

Any advice for someone my age that anyone would like to pass down is appreciated. I've learned to respect the knowledge of my elders.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Putting a fork in an electrical outlet is not a good idea, don't do that.

That should prolong your life

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    [​IMG]

4. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    From someone who is now over 40, i have some advice.

Enjoy every nano-second that your still under 40. Also, don't think about your age, it will only age you faster.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I got some advice, stay off my lawn, young whippersnapper. :invasion:

6. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I'm 24yr ... sorry lol
    But in your position i will buy a Harley Davidson before turning 40 :arnie:

7. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    ^^^^
    :funny:
    This was a bit hard day for me, this comment just made my day much better, thanks man!

OP, what can I say, enjoy your life!

8. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    One word: MGTOW

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This was one of your nicer comments toward me. I'll be grateful for it. Lol.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Appreciate the advice. Trying not to focus on it! Easier said than done! :bang:

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Go stab some colleagues in the back to get ahead so you can retire in 5 years.

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Live your life as you see fit. Other than that, make sure you are funding your 401K/retirement account that at least meets the company's maximum match requirements (smartest money you'll ever invest).

13. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Recently turned 33 here and am increasingly aware that there are many things in the world that I haven't experienced but want to. Unfortunately I'm also aware that my window for doing the more physically demanding things I want to do is shrinking fast. I'm going to say that 45 is going to be the point at which I'm going to have to start crossing things off the bucket list if I haven't done them by then, though I'm fortunate enough to look younger than I am (people always put my age under 30, sometimes nearer 25), so I might be able to extend that to 50.

Christ. Only feels like yesterday I turned 30. That was a day that made me feel old. Still haven't got out of feeling ~22 though!

14. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Join the gym and watch what you eat would be my advise. 35+ is like a cut off point for any bad health habits you might have. To think.... in a few generations after we die we would have perfected the aging process and humans might live to be 150 if not then eternal life. Scientists have already succeeded in reversing the age of cells in mice. Link

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I'm following in your foot steps.. I turn 36 later this year.

Let me start by saying, Happy (try to be) Birthday. I had the most difficulty with 30, so 36 for me is a non-issue.

However, I see where you're coming from. Its daunting for sure.

Best advice I can give is, enjoy your life and do what you want to do. Don't let age scare you into doing or not doing things. Listen to yourself and your body, and do what makes you happy, at ANY age.

You only have one life after all.. make it count! Don't let age get in the way!!

16. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    go walking at any particular time of the day or night, what ever suits you, with music.

then after a month step up your game, and jog, keep the pace low, you are not trying to get into contest with anyone, nor trying to be an athlete.

once you are confident enough, you can join a gym. lose weight first, so the fat lowers and then once u hit the gym you start seeing results from the muscle gain and get motivated by it.

do this, and life will be merrier, as you feel more attractive, and healthy, dont set any goals, as a healthy life does not have an end.

a lifestyle is forever.

peace.

bonus; use stevia instead of sugar in coffee or anything you drink, oh and with meals ditch any juice, replace with water. you dont need a diet, just need to lower you sugar intake.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  17. velho

velho Member

GPU:
    GTX660 2GB
    Live for yourself, not for the babylon system.

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    SerotoNiN, get off the train tracks you freaking lunatic.

19. van_dammesque

van_dammesque Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    Ask yourself why your age matters, you're not that close to death so there must be something bubbling underneath that you feel is important? You know the answer before posting but are not willing to divulge!

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Just look around what vast majority of people of this age do and take notice, because those exactly the things you need to avoid doing!

Don't let yourself go, don't get a beer belly, loose your "young look".

Don't say: "When i was your age", or same stuff, you are putting yourself at a specific age, or place in time.Just listen and smile and say :I do things this or that way.

Take a different route each day for getting at home/work, you will avoid routine, just as it is.

Force yourself to listen to a brand new songs/album/band/style, you will never know when you will say: Where was this music all my life and i didn't knew about it?

Have sex.Lots of it.Like a rabbit.Time is ireversible and your little friend someday will fail you.

Live the moment, but don't go overboard.Just spend time as YOU see fit with whom matters most for you.

Hope i didn't make you laugh or raise a eyebrow, this is what one is doing at 38 years old.