SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Try turning SMAA off.

2. dakrazeedude

dakrazeedude Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 760
    Looking through the thread I understand there is some sort of problem with Windows 8.1 compatibility (I am running 8.1)
    Could that be the issue? I didn't mention it in my first post because I was unaware of it.
    Also, disabling SMAA didn't work, but disabling HDR and Bloom helped. There still are major drops though and performance is incredibly inconsistent.
    Is there anything I can do?
    Thanks.

3. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Possible, but the only problems we know of are most DX11 games do no work with any injection method other than RadeonPro (and eFX, but it's not consistent/stable in it's current state.) DX9 games work without issue IIRC, what game(s) are you attempting to play?

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Haha I was about to ask why DX11 isn't working in CoP then I remembered I'm on 8.1. ****ing hell.

5. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Anyone gotten this to work with the MMO Wildstar at all? Even with the dx9 and dx11 clients of Wildstar, I cant get this to work??

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Personally I don't need the 8.1 update so I'll stick to "pure" 8 until the issues have been resolved. SFX is much too valuable to me to pass it up :)

One weird thing that occured to me some days ago: I wasn't able to get SFX to work with CoD 4. I'm using the "ignorehwgamma" string to keep my color profile, which would be the "biggest" difference from the other CoD titles I've been playing (where SFX always worked well).

7. dakrazeedude

dakrazeedude Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 760
    Well, in that case I guess I can rule the 8.1 thing out. I tried running CS: GO and Borderlands 2 - both DX9 titles...
    In Borderlands the FPS drops are random while at Counter Strike Sweetfx simply halves the frame rate. Very strange...

@Radical_53 Sweetfx doesn't work with CoD 4 with MSAA on. Try disabling it.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Ah ok, thanks a lot for that!

9. viper_fx99

viper_fx99 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Hi all,
    Is there a way run smaa on x64 windows 8, x86 .exe with LAA.(example swtor)?

System: Gtx660.

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I'd really like to say I have a clue as to why those games would receive such a frame drop, but I really haven't one. :/

11. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I don't personally have any experience with SweetFX with SWTOR, but have you tried this?

12. meganlee

meganlee Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD 3000
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can I have some help with custom shaders?

Specifically, I am partially colorblind and trying to play the game league of legends. I heard a recommendation that sweetFX can help adjust colors and let me play pain free, as if I was a normal color vision person. The only noticeable issue I have with the color in this game is the minimap. I sometimes can't readily tell friend from foe. As such, I am trying to use a custom split screen (sweetFX split screen) to change only the colors of the minimap. I found a setting that help out my colorblindness (red-green) and I managed to make the splitscreen not take up much of the screen. However I haven't figured out how to center it around only the minimap. I tried changing the colors of the whole screen, it didn't work as well, so the minimap-only-change is the better option.

Here is a picture of the perpetrator: (the arrows are pointing at it)
    [​IMG]

Here's what I figured out how to do:
    Only the area 'circled' by the white box is the split screen where sweetFX is taking effect
    [​IMG]

I've also managed to get this:
    [​IMG]

Here's what I can't figure out what to do, but what I am trying to do and need help with:
    [​IMG]

I did a programming class last year. I had a rough idea of what to do and tried googling a few things, but couldn't manage to work the files. I learnt java, but this language doesn't work the same. My best attempt to achieve the minimap only splitscreen was trying to use if statements:

Attempt:
    #if splitscreen_mode == 7
    If
    {
    tex.y > 0.720
    }
    return (tex.x < 0.845) ? myTex2D(s0, tex) : colorInput;
    #endif

That didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions/tips? Any help is much appreciated! My apologies if anyone explained this some place else in this thread and I simply missed it.

13. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Wait a couple more days/weeks until ceejay releases his colorblind shader :)
    That will definitely help! I'm sure of it.

14. viper_fx99

viper_fx99 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Yes if I disabled LAA it is working but you would lost memory in that way. Besides when you enabled other anti-aliasing forms, results become blur. I tried that because only smaa isn't enough for anti-aliasing. I think it is due to transparent aliasing. even 32x csaa or 8xmsaa isn't enough.

as far as I see Best anti-aliasing is 4x SGSAA but it required much power. I must disable shadows and even then I lost fps.

with 4xSGSAA nearly no aliasing(swtor, dragon age, mass effect). All other forms(smaa,msaa, csaa) have some problems, on moving, on ledders, on walls or on armors, some white disturbing artifacs or blinks.

Maybe if I could run smaa with 2xSGSAA It would be great. Or if smaa work better with transparent and moving object. But I think I want too much.

This aliasing problem is great problem. And so far I couldn't best solution yet.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  15. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    well I'm stumped:

[​IMG]

16. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Could you please use
    for big pictures, it kind of breaks the forum view if you don't.

17. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, please use
    , and SweetFX current injector is not working with Windows 8.1, it is written in the Q&A a long time ago.

18. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Just wondering -- has anyone tried copying the d3d11.dll from a Windows 8 system to Windows 8.1 to see if this lets SweetFX work in all its glory on 8.1?

Seeing as no games have problems on Windows 8, not sure what exactly is new with Windows 8.1's dll, but I'd rather have SweetFX :)

I've been thinking of upgrading, but this issue has been holding me back.

Cronik if you're willing to try and I can send you the .dll from my system if you can't get it elsewhere.

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, the function call is not at d3d11.dll, it is used for Windows 8.1 at Dxgi.dll only.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn268307(v=vs.85).aspx

20. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Resident Evil 4-HD
    ==============
    The game EXE-file is under the folder Bin32. If I extract SweetFX files to that folder, SweetFX is not working. If I extract SweetFX files to the main Resident Evil folder, SweetFX is not working. I have Windows7 64 bit and have tried the following SweetFX versions: 1.5.1 and the Boulotaur 2024 Injector.

With version 1.4.7 the game works with SweetFX on RadeonPro. However, the LumaSharpen is very weak because RadeonPro will not let you configure it more than 3.00.

I have weak eyes and normally I set the Luma Sharpness between 4.0 and 6.0. I have been sitting for 5 hours on this one, so maybe some of you can give me a clue to what I am doing wrong and what I actually should do. HEISH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.