ati 4670 agp hdmi sound?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RanmaGamer61, Jul 31, 2013.

1. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    Hi I have a question about my graphics card. It's a ATI Radeon HD 4670 1gb agp. I can't seem to get the sound to work on my hdtv. My graphics card has built in sound 7.1, but I can't get the sound working.

Every time I try to install the Catalyst drivers I can't seem to install the ATI HDMI drivers.

I tried installing the drivers that have the HDMI sound drivers but it will not install. Does anyone know which drivers I should download to get the sound working?.

The OS im using is windows 7.

Hope some one can help.

Bye

2. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

They probably don't have proper win7 drivers for sound since it's an agp card. Just reading through neweggs reviews it seems that win7 and this card don't get along very well. Maybe try googling around and see if anyone else has it working? I saw at least one review that said his was working. This what he said... (this is from Oct of last year, so don't know how helpful it will be)

"Cons: The biggest con is, as most people seem to have pointed out, the driver annoyances. For whatever reason, the newest AGP Hotfix drivers on the AMD website (12.6) no longer contain this card's hardware ID in the .inf files - so the Catalyst installation manager doesn't recognize the card. However, there are two easy workarounds:

1) You CAN use the 12.6 hotfix drivers from the AMD website - however, since they don't recognize the card due to the .inf files missing its hardware ID, you have to go into device manager and manually install the driver. Here's how I did it:

a) Download 12.6 driver package. Run it. Catalyst installation manager will run, but it won't install the drivers or the Catalyst software.

b) Go into device manager, navigate to the card (under "display adapters"), and click "update driver." Select "install from a specific location," then "don't search, I will choose," then "have disk" - and navigate to a folder with a path similar to: C:\amd\support\12-6-legacy[blah blah]\packages\drivers\display\win[something]\. There should be two INF files that you can select in this folder. Either one will work. Windows may say that it can't verify that the driver will work with your hardware; just accept that warning and continue, and the driver will properly install.

c) After that, run Catalyst Installation Manager again, and the HDMI audio drivers will install.

d) Then, navigate to the folder (in the above chain) ...\Packages\Apps\CCC. In this folder, or some subfolder, there will be an installation package with a name similar to "ccc-core-static.msi" - run this installer, and you'll now have the Catalyst program (which allows you to tweak video card settings, GPU frequencies, etc) installed. Don't run the one that's in a "net4" directory, or something like that - it didn't seem to work for me.

2) Much easier (though older drivers): simply use the 10.7 drivers from the HIS website. These drivers do recognize the card, and installation is really easy.

I've tried both ways (I was doing a clean install of Windows 7, and I decided to try each way since it didn't take that much time), and they both work fine. What I didn't try was comparing benchmark scores - since I got the 12.6 drivers to work, and they're newer, I just went with them. I never benchmarked the card using the 10.7 drivers, so I can't say if the 12.6 drivers provide any performance improvement. Sorry. What I can say is that the 12.6 drivers, despite the installation headache, do work really well once they're properly installed."

Also, lol at the reviewer who says he's using this to run Diablo 3 at max settings.

3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
  4. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    It's Nice to see there are helpful people in this forum, ok I will try to install the HDMI drivers the way you showed me. I will post back soon.

Thanks

5. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    I just tried to install the drivers the way you showed me but still can't get the ATI HDMI audio drivers installed for some reason.

I also downloaded the 12.11 Modded driver. still the ATI HDMI drivers won't install.

I really need help installing the drivers.

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Try to install Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.70 (date: 2012/6/22) from official Realtek download page: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ >>> High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) >>> ...I accept to the above ...Next ...in the driver list find and download ATI HDMI Audio Device.
    Maybe this will help.

7. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    When installing the HDMI driver what messages do you receive while trying to install it? Also it's recommended not to install driver on top of each other as the installation can sometimes fail.

Other Thoughts
    Wagnard Released a driver Cleaner I recommend using that before proceeding to install drivers.
    Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

8. LonghornVIP

LonghornVIP Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD4670 AGP
    I have this same card with both HD video and audio working fine. My computer connects to my AVR via HDMI cable (the AVR is connected to the flat panel TV). I actually had to reinstall everything on my HTPC last night, so I just went through reinstalling this card...

The process that I used to make everything work was as follows:

0) I initially installed this card 2 years ago and I remember it being a total pain to get everything working. I spent hours on support forums before I figured out a process that works. As such, I truly cannot remember exactly what I did to arrive at the process below.

1) Open up Catalyst AGP Hotfix 12.4 (this version was always stable for me so I stick with it) and select Custom Install.

2) Deselect everything EXCEPT Display Driver and click Install. After install you will be asked to reboot.

3) After reboot the display should be working correctly. Next Open up Catalyst 12.6 AGP Hotfix and select Custom Install. Leave everything selected EXCEPT the Audio driver. and click install.

4) After running install, go into Device Manager and select Audio devices - There should be a device listed called HDMI Audio Output (or something like that). Right click on this and select Update Driver. Select I Have a Disk and navigate to C:\AMD\Support\12-6-legacy_vista...\Packages. This will install the ATI Audio driver.

5) After installing the ATI Audio driver, go into Control Panel and select Sound. Make that AMD HDMI Output is your default audio device, then go through the Configure Options and set up 5.1 (or 7.1). Also go into Properties -> Advanced and set the Audio output to whatever you want (I leave it at 48kHz 24 bit).

6) Reboot one more time for good measure and you should be good to go.

A couple of other things that I figured out through trial and error with this card... AGP Fast Write must be enabled in BIOS or the audio quality is full of static. Also, leave all of the CCC settings at their defaults - I was having trouble with Blu-ray playback when I started enabling GPU Scaling and ITC Coding. After deselecting all of these features, my HTPC became very stable and DVD/Blu-ray playback was awesome.

I hope this helps.

9. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    ok people thanks again, I tried installing the realtek ATI HDMI drivers but they will not install, by the way I have a realtek AC97 on board sound card and also a audigy SE. I disabled the Audigy SE and enabled the realtek AC97.

I'm getting an error installing the Realtek ATI HDMI Drivers, here is the error message, "no driver was supported in this driver package".

Also I tried to install the ATI HDMI audio drivers from the 12.6 catalyst drivers pack and they will not install. I'm not getting any error messages but I noticed that the ATI HDMI drivers are not in the list of drivers to be installed. It just shows ATI Catalyst install manager, and display drivers. The ATI HDMI drivers are not in the list.

By the way my OS is windows 7.

Really need help

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Can you provide information regarding your graphic card manufacture that way it would be easier for us to help you.

Reason For Asking?
    It's possible that your graphic card may not have HDMI support as it was not implemented for every HD 4000 Series Gpu. Take a look at the link below.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150433

11. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB

Thanks for the reply
    My graphics card is a HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB AGP, on the graphics card box it says the card has 7.1 sound build in.

12. LonghornVIP

LonghornVIP Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD4670 AGP
    FWIW - I have my onboard Realtek AC97 disabled in BIOS. I honestly cannot remember if I disabled this in order to get the HDMI audio working, or if I just did it to disable something that was not being used... Either way, you may want to try disabling all of your other audio devices and doing a clean install of the drivers...

13. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB

I have tried disabling the realtek AC97, and also my other sound card which is a Audigy SE.

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
  15. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Ok, so are you at the point in which your Graphic Card is connected to your HDMI Display through the use of an HDMI Cord?

17. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    Yes My graphics card is connected to my HDTV through HDMI.

18. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
  19. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    Yes I have tried installing the manufactured drivers, I still can't install the ATI HDMI drivers.

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Did you try the Display Cleaner when I posted it in one of my recent post?