MSI Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 7 (2011-01-31)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Please bring back the old documentation. I dont see any info on supported voltage controller's like the other versions in the readme.

2. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    I've had this problem ever since I went Crossfire and was hoping if somebody could shed some light on this issue. Whenever I exit out of a game or when a benchmark changes scene (3DMark 11 for example), my fan speed automatically resets back to the default 22%. I am using a custom fan profile and I have it set so that both cards run at 35% constantly. Both of my cards are running the exact same bios and they are the running at the stock speeds of 900/1250 (custom bios). In the AMD control panel, both amd overdrive and manual fan control are unchecked so I am unsure as to why my fan speed of both cards constantly revert back to the 22%. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gaming : 35%
    Gaming change map (ex - TF2 2fort -> badlands) : 35% -> 20%
    3DMark 11 (ex - gpu test 1 -> gpu test 2) : 35% -> 20%

3. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Can someone explain what these unofficial overclocking modes do? What are the advantages of changing them?`I currently have 0 by default.

4. Dracozirion

Dracozirion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Club3D 6950 2GB
    Thanks for this kickass new beta! I bought an ATI card a few weeks ago and by buying this beast, it was also my first ATI card I ever used. About one week after I bought it I realised there was this awesome tool named MSI Afterburner. When I started using it i immediately removed CCC because this program simply blows away anything of its kind. Besides that, I'm very happy with this beta 7 release, because now I'll still be able to use Powerplay while overclocking beyond caps. A feature I liked to keep my 2D temps low! Great work.

Edit: Powerplay tested and working flawlessly.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

5. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    UnofficialOverclockingEULA is an awesome feature. Still think it probably needs a dialog box that opens on first run and forces the user to type "I shall not post on the forums before I RTFM". :grin:

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i like this program just for fan profiles,40%-60% at the press of a button.
    Thanks.

7. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Seconded.

8. [EX3]Cobra_XP

[EX3]Cobra_XP Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6870 1Gb Crossfire
    LMAO!!!!!:thumbup:

9. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Well I just noticed something really interesting. I went ahead and reinstalled the latest 11.1a hotfix and the 11.1 revised caps (released today on Rage3D). If I do not unlock the AMD overddrive function in the CCC, the fans on both of my cards will ramp up to 50% when changing scenes in benchmarks or whenever a game is exited. However, if I unlock the AMD overddrive function and disable the overddrive and manual function completely, the fan will ramp down to 22% - which is the stock fan speed for both of my cards. I've had this problem since I jumped on the Crossfire bandwagon and I am sure as hell not happy. I spent over 90 hours trying to find a fix and have come empty handed. I am really thinking about selling my pair of 5870s and buying a single GTX580.

Here is a picture illustrating the problem, see how it jumps from 35% to 50%:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  10. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    I have had this problem intermittently on many different versions of Afterburner. To fix, make a custom fan curve. Have the "Auto" button hit. If it goes to 50% upon going to 3D, hit "user define" off, and then back on, and it will work properly until you reboot.

11. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Do you still have that problem with your 6970's in crossfire? See that's the problem, I will have to do every time I reboot. When I had a single 5870 my fan speed was constant, it never ramped up to 50% all of a sudden.

PS - Thanks for the help so far Blitz! I wonder if the Afterburner devs are aware of this problem.

12. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Happened with the HD 5970 and my HD 6970s. However, it is only a periodic problem. Only certain combinations of Afterburner versions and CCC versions do it. 10.11 did not, 10.12 does. (I did not really test 11.1 yet, so I do not know if it does it there too.)

13. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    For me, this happened in 10.10, 10.10e hotfix, 10.11, 10.12, 10.12a hotfix, 11.1, and 11.1a. I even flashed both of the cards to the stock bios and the problem still persists... Both of my cards are identical reference Sapphire models. So it is this a software issue or rather something wrong with my hardware?

14. Thepunkerguy

Thepunkerguy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6950 @ 900/1375
    Thanks so much! It's great to have PowerPlay functionality and to have the Fan control work properly with Unofficial Overclocking!! Afterburner is finally almost perfect for me!

The only flaw I see in the program, which is also present in Trixx, is that the program resets the ATI "Power Control" option to 0% each time the system reboots or each time new clock speeds are applied (even though the slider will still show +20% or whatever). I am not sure if it's possible to fix this, as maybe it's something controlled by CCC that can't be fixed. It's just a pain having to move the slider back and forth and reapply the power control setting each time the system reboots or I use AB to change the clock speeds. Any progress on finding a fix for this yet?

15. welshbloke

welshbloke Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6950
    Awesome program, thanks for the updated beta.

Is there anyway to force lower voltages in 2D mode.

I've got an HD6950 and am running two different monitors so it idles at high clocks and 1V. I can force the clocks down to 250/675 with no problems but I cant get the voltages to go below 1V.

I'm not too worried about changing the 3D clocks as it seems to run everything I throw at it with no problems.

16. fluffi

fluffi New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 6950
    Yeb - confirm - Same here! Wrote little message in Bug report... But I am not sure if this is a AB bug or a CCC beaviour :)

But (read it somewere else - and can confirm it) that even a 0% slider the scores in 3DMark11 or Games were nearly the same!
    Only Furmark will let the card throttle down without re-moving the CCC slider.... Kombuster will also run at full speed....

If this slider thing is solved AB will be perfect... Untill then: Many thanks that PowerPlay and unoff. OC works together now!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  17. welshbloke

welshbloke Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6950
    Follow up on that;

I've gone back to beta5, beta7 was not letting me downclock properly. It looked like the cards UVD setting was overriding what AB was asking it to do.

Beta5 lets me do this fine but without voltage control but as beta7 wouldn't let me undervolt anyway its not a problem.

18. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Same problem here

19. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    hmm, i dont think the voltage control is working on my 6950, gpuz always shows 1.1 even though i set it differently.

i2c dump

Scanning GPU VEN_1002&DEV_6719&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0...
    Scanning I2C bus 6...
    Probing device 70...
    00 C0 17 10 00 16 17 FF 00 FF FF FF FF 58 06 00
    80 07 FF 3C 10 FF FF FF 00 00 02 01 00 55 FF FF
    00 FF 01 01 FF FF -- FF FF 00 FF 78 01 FF FF 00
    00 00 3D 00 EC 28 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    01 FF FF FF 00 FF FF 00 00 0F 00 FF 00 00 00 00
    00 FF 00 00 5A 00 5A 00 5A 00 5A 00 02 02 00 00

20. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thx for the update.

Beta7 has fixed my problem with the Beta6 OSD server and DX9 games, all's fine now.