Need Computer Build Advice

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xBigBoss, Jun 13, 2012.

1. xBigBoss

xBigBoss Guest

GPU:
    Geforce
    Yeah I understand that its refurbished but it does not bother me because I'm just trying to save a few bucks to keep it in my budget. I also have an old HDD from one of my older computers that I might throw in there as well.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Refurbished means it's had a fault and been fixed, also it only has a 90 day warranty.
    For another $35 your better to get something new with a 1yr warranty.

Btw if you already have an old HDD why are you looking to buy another one...?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  3. xBigBoss

xBigBoss Guest

GPU:
    Geforce
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

5. xBigBoss

xBigBoss Guest

GPU:
    Geforce
  6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The lifetime warranty is nice, however the ASUS has a much better fan which will keep the card cooler and is necessary if you intend to overclock.
    It comes with a 3yr warranty which should be sufficient unless you plan to keep the card longer than 3yrs which is unlikely....:)

Your PSU looks OK, good reviews but I'm dubious of Rosewill quality...only 2yr warranty whereas quality power supplies usually come with around 5yrs. I'll see if I can find some alternatives.

Did u look on eBay yet for another CPU?

7. xBigBoss

xBigBoss Guest

GPU:
    Geforce
    Hmmm idk if I want to because the i5 2500k is really appealing to me now haha
    but ill go with that asus card you suggested. It looks pretty sweet!

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  9. xBigBoss

xBigBoss Guest

GPU:
    Geforce
    Oh I'll probably going to just stick with the other one you suggested cause I'm already cutting it close to my budget, thanks anyways tho.

I just watched a video that said that if i get the i5 2500k that i should get a p67-series mobo because it unlocks the core frequency of the cpu. So any suggestions on which one is a good mobo? (I don't really get the differences in mobo's)

here's what i found: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...627 600008069 4027&IsNodeId=1&name=$75 - $100

all are about 100 dollars which would keep me in my budget range, but still idk what the differences are.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Its perfectly true, and you've shown no evidence to the contrary. A graph we don't know the context of really doesn't cut it. Stock coolers may not be fantastic, but the only reason you replace one is if it's not sufficently cooling your hardware. Most people can easily get away with a mild OC if their case has decent cooling on a stock heatsink, assuming you don't live in a ridiculously hot area.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012