Speedfan and fan attachment

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by goblinsly, Apr 6, 2012.

1. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    Hey everyone,

I just got a bunch of new fans. As always i will use speedfan to control them, soo i get almoast zero noise at idle and low-moderate noice when i actualy find the time to play a game or two. :cry:

My motherboard is the ancient ip35-e. Sadly only 2 fan connectors on motherboard can be controlled by speedfan. Since that is not nearly enough for me i want to figure out how many parallel fans can i attach to single mb connector.

The most i did till now is connect 2 92mm fans that were always at low-medium rpm. Now i plan to do the same with 120mm fans. 3 fans is out of the question ?

Fans draw 140mA at 12V. They start spining at 5V ( at idle they will be set to 0rpm ) and i doubt i will ever give more then 6-7V to each one, soo we are looking at like max 70mA per fan ). Since motherboard connector is able to suply juice to beasts like 120mm delta ( 12V, 4.8A ), it should handle my "tiny in comparison" fans ? My goal is 3 per connector.

Oh, one bonus question. I have got a 4870 graphic card with criminaly loud tiny fans. I managed to lower the speed of 1 of them but temperatures go skyrocket pretty fast. What if i would, lets say, violently tear the 2 criminals off and put a 120mm beast over it and attach it to the graphic card connector ? Would it be able to suply the beast with juice and regulate its rpm just like it did with the small lawbreaker ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. :hatty:

2. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  3. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    I need software control. :)

4. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You could use a 4pin multi adapter, and use one of the 4 pins on your motherboard. Obviously that will control all the fans at once with software.

5. Dubloon

Dubloon Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6950 DCUII 1GB (OC)
    I have the same issue, just ordered up a "Akasa AK-CB002 PWM Fan Splitter Cable" I'll let you know how it works out!

6. Dubloon

Dubloon Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6950 DCUII 1GB (OC)
    Just incase the OP is still interested, this works great all of my case fans are now PWM through the bios. hope this helps :)