Driving Me Up the Walls!! Help Please....

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Hiro1000, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Ok, I am very skilled at computers and what not. But for some odd reason I think I had downloaded an infected installation file that was filled with some adware/spyware bull crap. So I ran the trifecta of scans. Spybot, Adaware, and Counterspy. Got rid of most of it. Reboot and rescan. But there is something still remaining from the spy attack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The thing at the end that blinks incessantly. The question mark and then the crossout signal thing on the far right. Over and over again and tries to launch to an adware site to download bull crap and what not. Ok So I use firefox, ran also Hijackthis and ran virus scans up the wazoo but I can't get this to go away. I also checked the startup and nothing is wrong. But for all intensive purposes I post below my startup.

[​IMG]

Just to provide as much as possible. Here is the hijackthis file as well.

I also notice that Windows Defender refuses to start or do anything really. Which is odd. But if any other info is needed I can surely post it.

Please help get rid of this thanks alot.

Hiro1000

2. Arthas

Arthas Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9600GT 1GB @ 22"
    A friend of mine had that virus on his old computer(Windows XP PRO)
    this virus could not be deleted even in safemode or DOS, what we did is downloaded AVG Anti Spyware and it went off, no other anti spyware could do that job, gl.

p.s
    try doing that in normal mode and in safe mode.
    if that doesn't work you can only reinstall windows because that virus infects all the computer programs and duplicates it self.

3. rpeter381

rpeter381 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
  4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    wow in the last week 3 people have brought me computer with taht sucker on there i starting to wonder why or where everyone getting it

5. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Well I said F it and reformatted. That sucker is one tough SOB. I tried one final rally, safe mode bunch of scans, deleting the files I knew were a part of it. Nope couldn't get it. The ba$t@rd replicates itself over and over and changed the icon. Meh, I needed a reformat anyways. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

6. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
  7. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Hey thanks for that, I will keep that on my usb key for future (hopefully not) occurrences.