AMD Mantle Graphics API Adopted by Various Developers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    If my 8750m pulls out much more FPS with Mantle than with DX, I will only buy Mantle games to set developers a sign. I hope many Radeon GPU owner's are with me!

3. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Having Star Citizens on Mantle will helped them boost the reputation especially if it runs well seeing how ambitious Star Citizen is.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    great news for me. hope more devs jump aboard.

5. DeOdVue

DeOdVue Guest

GPU:
    AMD, HD5850
    Any willingness to further advance the hardware platform is a win win, whether that's AMD or NV. Hardware don't mean a thing if there no software supporting it. Hardwares shined when GOOD softwares know how to fully utilized. I'm glad those lazy buds finally get a moving! <-- Microsoft, Do you hear that! /Bangheads

6. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    DX11 is a terrible API its good to see something like Consoles API on PC.
    And now some Huge names are supporting it i think Both Amd and Nvidia should
    swallow there pride and if they really cared put both Gsync and Mantle together then it would fix almost every issue.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Star Citizen will be a biggie, edios is too That engine sounds interesting though and is what is needed to make mantle big imo.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm convinced Star Citizen will be a Mantle game, Chris Roberts lurking around at the AMD event in Hawaii makes me think that. Plus him saying he's all about pushing boundaries could mean just that.

9. I'm rooting for Mantle not because I'm an AMD fanboy, but because I'm sick and tired of Microsoft's lackluster development of its own DirectX API just to focus on its Xbox. As well as their Windows X exclusive bull****.

If Microsoft had chosen to focus on PC games instead, we would be having something like DirectX 20 by now, and developments on PC would have been so rapid it would make the Xbox/PS look like an N64 today.

I might have exaggerated that a little, but ultimately the decision for something like Mantle is a benefit to consumers by allowing us to make the most of what we buy. And in that sense is why I really respect a company like AMD.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It all sounds good on paper. But 1 of 2 things are going to happen, Mantel will become the best thing since sliced bread or it will be hanging out in the back of the bus with OpenGL. With BF4 being the guinea pig, a lot of devs are going to be looking at that to see if it's actually worth developing for. Just my $.02

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, imo if mantle for bf4 is a great addition then it could sway other devs.

12. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I'm really considering to switch back to AMD. I think Mantel is way more important than G-Sync, plus Nvidia are some greety bastards.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Mantle guys, not Mantel.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Google auto correct saying your wrong. :p

15. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Yes I am so glad to hear this!

I too have nvidia 670 4GB at the moment but I've no objection whatsoever to switch to AMD when this happens! I really would like to see AMD taking a lead now. It would be so good for us end consumers if nvidia and AMD would switch places every couple years this would be true competition.

16. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Very good,we need more engines with this API,can`t wait to see the benckmarks in december,maybe they will convince me to CFX the R9 290X.

17. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    great news! We have been hearing about all these new technologies and generation jumps. I'm tired of waiting bring it on my rig has been ready for two years! Lol

18. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    competition is good and it's great to see amd in the spotlight. hell, just look at how high-end gpu prices changed in the past month. however, i think there's a fine line between healthy competition and cutting the pc market in two, making it impossible for consumers to have the best of both worlds. i fear we'll see see more and more amd/nvidia exclusive visual fx (see: assassins creed 4). then there's mantle, physx, g-sync etc each of which the competitor can't or won't adopt due to whatever reason (pride, proprietary tech etc)

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I really hope The Witcher 3 will support Mantle too