Battlefield 4 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vinnie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I'm still crashing to black screen when clicking Deploy.

OK, there's more to it than that and I've got a temp solution. I've tested this, back-to-back, three times. If I wildly click on the location I wish to spawn, be it a squad member or a capture point of some kind, the game will crash to black screen and I will have a "bf4.exe has stopped working" msg at the desktop.

Now, IF I calmly click Deploy, or calmly click my destination, there is no trouble.

I find it truly fascinating that me, being excited to get back into the round, is what triggers the crash.

I'm also very much looking forward to unlocking the m416. I feel like I'm at a distinct disadvantage using the stock gun still. Crossing my fingers that it unlocks tonight :)
    I'm pretty bad I guess, I have 19 hours into it and I'm only level 8.

That being said, I boycotted BF3 (EA crap) so I missed out on that gained experience.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. DJSmak

DJSmak Member

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB 1250Mhz
    I'm on win7 and the only way I could get it to work was you running the game in x86. I can't find 64bit SMAA injector anywhere. The option to enable FXAA in nvcp is greyed out for me, was available in beta and agree it was sharper than ingame post AA. What drivers you running?

3. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I'm done with this game until it's fixed.

Memory leak crash
    DX crash (3 different kinds)
    "Something went wrong" crash
    Regular appcrash
    Bad netcode

The little I could play I liked (other than netcode) but this game is so incredibly unstable that I actually raged once.

Why don't they just fix the game? I don't get it. They just push these useless server patches that only increase crashing.

4. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I only get crash now on one map of all. Dawnbreaker. All other maps are fine. Very weird.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I have my origin account here for sale with BF4 digital deluxe and Premium.
    I want £25 for it.
    All Stats and Battlepacks have been totally reset so its like a brand new account. This was confirmed to me by an EA rep.

The buyer will receive email, password and answer to secret question.
    They can then go on EA support chat and with the secret answer and change all credentials to there own.

Let me know if your interested as this amazing deal will not stay around for long. Its totally legit and works perfect! :)

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How come you're selling?

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Even though i had some good games this morning i cannot see myself playing it for long tbh so may as well let someone else play the game for a cheap price. :)

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yeah i'll wait for (hopefully) a working SMAA injector for x64 anf win 8.1
    If it will ever come who knows.

As re the nVidia FXAA, just like BF3 you need to use nVidiaInspector to toggle the FXAA setting to allowed.

Its better than ingame Post AA as its sharper and more effective on jaggies than Post AA Low I was using before.
    Med and High..... well we all know how blurry that is.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Account sold!

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    quite disappointed tbh, this development puts me off some. Not seen PhazeDelta1 much in the bf4 threads either.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you will always have me!!! should be enough

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    That's true. :D
    haha

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh mate its a decent game, its certainly not bad, i think the Netcode needs a massive overhaul though and as long as Frostbite is around in its current form the Netcode is always going to be bad no matter what game you build around it.

This is what killed the game for me tbh. Some servers its ok and some servers its shockingly bad. It all depends how much your willing to tolerate, im not so tolerant as much as i was say 10 or even 5 years ago.:)

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Haven't had time to post or play lately. Trying to catch up on some work around the house while my wife is gone for the next couple weeks.

15. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    One of the thing I did to resolve the hit registry is,

1) Set "Network Smoothing" = 0
    2) Set "Video Setting" = AUTO (YES, even my GTX 680 is capable of running at ULTRA and maintain 60fps. Basically, lower your video setting quality to achieve reaction time. Honestly, the different is not that much noticeble. Still look nice even when everything is not ULTRA. AND no rubber banding animation.)
    3) Look for server that have PING 75 or less. I normally go for PING 50 or less.

It seem to help me, at least, I no longer feel like my bullet just went into oblivion everytime I left clicked. Hope this help for those have problem with hit registration.

BONUS: If you want eyecandy, play campaign, video setting ULTRA + 130% scale. Look great on 1920x1080. ;)

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm not into big time tweaking these days, ok I liked the crisis 3 configurator and I believe this may have the same kina tool however basically I just wanna switch it on and run it, though I sure understand bf4 MP is a massive undertaking and realize it's very complex.
    So yeah, if you're in for bf4 mp then i guess you gotta be prepared to get it setup right, and perhaps even wait for game engine /netcode to be polished a bit.

17. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    man 40fps in this game feels so painfully sluggish :puke2:

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    You really shouldn't be getting that low fps tbh, maybe lower some stuff :)

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ugh trying to get kills as a sniper is oh so frustrating and pretty boring (but shooting somone on a buggy is great..trying to unlock my one weapon per day!

(either u camp or run about looking for prey but as you are out in the open means u usually lose against an assault unless u have godlike reflexes).

have to look some of you guru's up over the weekend for some fun. add me to origin.

mitzi1976.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Does anyone know what is up with the test range? It says try out all weapons gadgets and vehicles. But when I log on, only my default stuff is unlocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.