AMD Catalyst 13.12 WHQL (13.251.0.0 December 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Dec 18, 2013.

1. CG360

CG360 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 780 Classified
    I don't own an AMD card. I was being sarcastic. On a side note, you don't know what I do for a living. I do have a CIS degree and I am a software developer. I work for ARR Aerospace. Mantle has no affect on what I do though. I work in guidance systems. Also BF4 and many Frostbite 3 games will have Mantle support. Other game developers are also adding Mantle support. Cloud Imperium Games, Eidos Montreal and Oxide Games.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    someone on another board said he fixed it by removing creative drivers and using the windows store drivers.

3. GranPez

GranPez Guest

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    Instalalo, es "casi igual" o igual al 13.25.26, creo que al fin Amd solucionó los problemas con la Hd 7790.

P.D: te respondo en español porque sé que hablás en español :cool:

4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    What about linux version? I can't find it to download...

And one more thing concerns me much, 13.11 beta 9.4 was supporting kernels up to 3.12 and wasn't working with 3.13. Now, whql 13.12 is described as supporting kernels up to 3.11, will it work with 3.12 kernel? Did anyone test it already?

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

AMD also doesn't state Ubuntu 13.10 compatibility, yet the previous drivers worked fine with it. I think their requirements are jut to air on the safe side, or they just haven't updated it yet, or maybe they just didn't test it out on their end yet.

Krzysztof Kolasa writes up some nice patches to make certain fglrx drivers, DKMS, and higher kernel versions play nicely together. There's nothing yet for this driver, but keep an eye on: https://github.com/kolasa

6. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    gah! I still have that stupid screen flickering while browsing the internet.

7. lkiommmmyyyy

lkiommmmyyyy New Member

GPU:
    麗台A7300GT25
    I do not know there is no solution or fix 7790 black and restart the game to run test programs and software crashes and display driver has been restored questions
    Stable yet

8. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    You sure your PSU is not the problematic? (corruption on digital cables due being too close). Or your cables? I had that same problem couple months ago with my laptop, changed the cable and it went away...

9. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    They updated the mobility tool, if you download the new one it lets you download 13.12. Unfortunately the driver it downloads seems to be 48kb and doesn't open lol

10. Flhctroll

Flhctroll Guest

GPU:
    sli gtx 970
    Fixes the vsync issue for me. The 99% bug still there.

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Browsing the internet with what browser? Are the sites also using any plugins? Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration on the browser?

I have a feeling GPU memory clocks are shifting (you can check with something like GPU-Z), causing the flickering, but we'd need more details.

12. bwat47

bwat47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Contact your video card manufacturer and see if they can give you an updated vbios. I had the same problem with my sapphire 280x and vbios update from sapphire fixed it.

Its a known issue with amd r9 cards (and probably some 7970 cards, since r9 280x is basically a rebrand). AMD fixed it in the driver for the r9 270, but other cards that have the issue such as the 280x are still left out in the cold :/. A vbios update can also fix it though (as I mentioned above), its something related to the 2d clocks.

13. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    Its not like a black flicker, more the less a quick stutter of the screen image. It does it on chrome, IE, and firefox. I've also noticed during loading screens of games I play do it aswell.

I've had the screen lock up only once, reboot fixed that.

I can roll back to 13.9 and the stutter goes away no problem. It is the memory clocks shifting. Its happened after 13.9, a few other members with gigabyte 7970's are having the same issues. Its def a software bug, unless i am missing a bios update or something.. I just fully updated everything after I installed 8.1.

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    No Mantle?

15. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Can anyone provide linux download link? There is still no download on amd.com.

16. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    For anyone trying to download mobility, I used RefControl for Firefox to set the referrer for www2.ati.com to "Forge - send the root of this site" and its working. The mobility tool is broken now, it downloads the incomplete page and saves it as an exe. Classic AMD :p

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I had a friend report something similar to me with his XFX 7970. His card was factory overclocked, with the memory clocks being OCd past reference clocks too.

PowerPlay clocks are set based on reference cards. For a quick example, playing a hardware-decoded video on a multi-monitor setup, your GPU clock goes to something lower than max, and your memory clock goes to whatever the max is based on the reference PowerPlay clocks.

In the case of a GPU overclock, PowerPlay clocks are not normally adjusted both by the user and OEM. So, lets say my card at reference is 900/1200, and it's factory-overclocked to 1000/1350. I play a video using flash player with HW-acceleration enabled. PowerPlay kicks in, and now i'm at 860/1200. The shift in the GPU memory on my multi-monitor setup causes the screen to flicker, leads to instability, and the system hard-locks.

The solution my friend did was use MSI Afterburner to disable PowerPlay. Alternatives include:

- Asking the OEM to provide a fixed VBIOS to either
    -- Disable the factory overclock on GPU memory
    -- Adjust PowerPlay clocks to match the factory overclock

- Modify the VBIOS yourself to do either of the above

- Downclock your GPU memory to match reference clocks

- Disable hardware-accelerated video decoding from players that use it

Edit: As for why it doesn't happen with older drivers; it could be because older drivers don't interact with PowerPlay clocks. Not sure though.

Edit: Not entirely sure if the browsers themself use PowerPlay clocks or not exactly...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  18. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC

I got the same problem .... I agree classic AMD ... But I can't install firefox is there any way that I can download it ?

cheers

19. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    What browser do you use? You'll need to find an addon/extension that allows for referrer spoofing. Chrome would probably have one, I dunno about other browsers. I don't actually know what other browsers even support addons

20. SamLab

SamLab Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 640M + Intel 4000