looking for powerful android tablet

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by damien666, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Just a question;
    If you already have a Note why do you still want a Tablet? I have a Note and since I got it I have had no reason to pick up my tablet. In fact I don't think it's even charged anymore. haha.

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i want something bigger to play games on and in general surf net on the note im constantly zooming in/out id much prefer something bigger like a laptop but not with windows as every time i get a laptop i always regret it as i have an obsession with overclocking it to make it fast as pc and i cant,

so i need a android device that will do what i need and the asus sounds perfect

3. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Motorola Xoom is pretty bad-ass. I used the ipad 2 right after it, and I know which one I'd prefer. I found next to no lag on the Xoom.

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    You can overclock tablets... People have got my touchpad from 1.2 upto like 1.95.

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    dont tell me that lol

naa i know but with laptops i try and make them run games my pc runs "just" and i get stressed cus they dont lol... with android itll be for surfin to save money from running pc all day also games like dungeon defenders ect :)

6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    My S2 (i know not a tablet but Android) peaks at 1.6Ghz as opposed to the stock 1.2Ghz

7. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    for cost and perfemance its great man...

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Man iam confused

in my shopping chart i see 4 different Asus Primes

some has DOCKS some not . some has 3G some is 32 GB

Man. dock with 16GB(i wish 32 but as i see 32 GB version with 3g not available) is available.

i can use SD CArd as i know so it wont be matter. iam buying this tomorrow pls.

9. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    the tf700 comes with tegra3+, ie. 28nm, higher clocks, lower temps, and with LTE add on chip, depending on whether or not asus plan to allow 3g/LTE support. S4 option is available as well.

transformer prime has issues with GPS and wifi due to the body being made out of metal. the transformer pad doesnt have these issues due to the body being made out of plastic.

there is NO 3G prime at the moment. you can check asus's website if you dont believe me. eMMC has less latency, so i'd choose depending on price difference. but if you dont mind carrying a few things, you can use it as a laptop and plug in an external hard drive. my work mates use my 500gb hard drive on their dock's usb port (no added power cables) and it works fine, plays HD movies effortlessly.

alternatively, if you're not after a big tablet, nvidia have announced that there will be a 7inch tegra3 tablet being released soon and nvidia have stated that it will be priced at $199 to compete with the kindle. i dunno about you, but considering it costs less than half the price of everything else that uses a tegra3 at the moment, i'm definitely gonna buy one of these.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Why not put a Linux distro on a lappy? Thats what android is basically anyway.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thank u very much mate. , i will be happy with this size by the way. smaller is hard to see to me :(

edit:
    hey look at this it says 3G..wtf man :

http://www.hepsiburada.com/liste/as...tId=bd760721&categoryId=29014004&SKU=BD760721

12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Not really. Its the way you use it, its the form factor, its that you get 10 hours of use while steaming music over wifi and reading ebooks while laying on the couch and supporting the tablet on your stomach.

Anyway, i'm really happy with my TF300T.

Btw, damien if you want the tablet for top of the line gaming that isn't just gratification of the moment...
    PC/console.

13. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    luckily you asked first instead of buying first. thats not a transformer prime. thats a first gen transformer. see the model number says tf101, it uses a tegra2, not tegra3.

the transformer prime (tegra3) has the model number tf201 and the transformer pad (tegra3 but slightly slower than the prime) has the model number tf300. these are the ones you want to buy.

compared to those two, the tf101 is a weaker product. it was good in its day, but tegra 2 is only dual core, lacks the neon core instruction set, both cores are linked (ie. if youre running an app that only uses one core, both cores clock up fully) and the tegra2 gpu was weaker than samsung's mali400. the tegra3 fixes all of these issues so it performs better, has better video codec support, better battery management and better GPU.

definitely buy a tf201 or tf300.

14. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ohh u saved my money MAN! :D

so this is the product i must go

http://www.hepsiburada.com/liste/as...ctId=bd761039&categoryId=3008012&SKU=BD761039

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
  17. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    I have the original transformer and dock. Honestly the build quality is not that good, it does not perform well with android. Its very slow and laggy, it crashes constantly. Asus has been very slow to provide updates. The ASOP community has had all sorts of trouble with it, so those roms are even less stable.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yesterday i was surfing internet and saw SONY TABLET S

TEGRA 2 i think.

The thing is it is cheap here. it has dual core cpu and it can play PS One and some psp games i think. and able to use PS3 gamepad with it..sounds cool..

what u think about it..lame or good? and it has USB too..nice!

19. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    tegra 2 wasnt that great and is fairly outdated. it has poor battery life and poor performance compared to the tegra3.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i can agree on that. but that sony is half price of tegra 3 asus here now. such deal i guess..i alreayd have ipad 3 so an android tablet as an addition my my TECHNOLOGICAL satisfaction(lol), this sony can be good enough..not?