Aggravated assault via email.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by shadex, May 6, 2013.

1. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    What did your email say? "Fail me again and I'll burn your office down"? How bad could it have been..

2. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Welcome to Soviet Russia, where talking nasty to a bureaucrat lands you in jail.

Lucky they didn't charge you with terrorism.

(TBH, There should never be a crime without unforgiven harm to body, property, or direct finances.)

We have the first amendment:
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]"

*Note the lack of exceptions.
    The government should respect it.

Lol, what am I saying... the constitution is a historical document. No government institution remembers that it was once the highest law.

No idea about OP, but in general it doesn't have to actually contain threats.
    Just needs to be of a sufficiently belligerent tone that the reader can convince authorities that you could be a threat. It's the authorities that declare your statements to be threatening.

There's no longer a connection between what you do, and what you're charged with.
    The government just pulls crap out of it's ass however it pleases.

-scheherazade

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No you wouldn't, UK don't give a rats ass for daft things like this, you might get a cop show at the house but it wouldn't go to court

--
    That said, threatening someone is one thing, but doing it using something that is a permanent piece of evidence is a bit stupid, do it over the phone if your p1ssed at someone, then its only their word against yours

Not sure why you would threaten a driving school though lol

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The blunt instrument was the computer :p

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    He should give a RTA driving test :D

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

meh nevermind

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

I've never understood this, yes it happens, but if you're getting bullied, why would you continue to visit the site where it's happening?

If I was getting my ass kicked every time I went to a certain building, I would stop going there

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Just thought after that I was going a bit far. One email isn't enough for any serious damage.

Still, my point was, you have to be careful about what you say on the internets.

9. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Where is what I said via email:

============================================================

I just sent a email venting my anger and frustration to the head of DMV. As a result, I got arrested. Nothing in my email indicate imminent harm:

"Therefore I am against you, therefore I must bring charge against your government entity. And furthermore, you as being agent orange, relishing my miserable life, an agent of Satan, and you have become a great hindrance towards God's people. The government has NO control over people's life 00 it's their free will -- and driving is my free will as I do what I please, if you find this offensive, I do not care." Head of DMV state, "After receiving this letter I started to become alarmed at how his frustration was escalating into something threatening in nature.

Then I said, "I will be stopping at your office at <location> District Testing and Investigation Unit on Firday. I will not leave the office until you formally issue my driver's license. I MA FURIOUS! FILLED WITH VENGEANCE! I will demand you to issue me a Driver License ASAP. I will turn your office upside down if I have to. I will throw tantrum if I have to. I will be filled with anger if I have to. It's just, righteous, and justice! Anger is a gift! I will not let you relish your power. I will take it away."

I went to jail overnight, and public defender released me with CPO (Restraint Order). Although I find it surprising that Judge didn't hold me until court date. I spoke with my legal attorney, public defender, and she said there's no jail time or fine. I just have to stay away from this particular DMV, didn't say how long since it's marked as "pending". Although I will have to show up to court for pre-trail. This is where prosecutor will for plea bargain, more likely a CPO for certain amount of time. No jail time? I am not sure. I didn't ask for guilty or not guilty, but my public defender looked at all of my emails, including threaten one and told the judge "not guilty". I don't know what the prosecutor will offer on the table on May 15th. The paper indicate misdemeanor, not felony. I am not sure if I will be serving in prison, community service, fines, or a simple restraint order.

==========================================================

Remember, Relish VS Relinquish.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/relish

The last part, "I will not let you relish your power. I will take it away." This is what I mean as being terminated or fired, and I don't want her to enjoy doing whatever she wants, therefore the last sentence doesn't make any sense (my fault). Most of the letter seems angry, but nothing related to murder or anything.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    If your going to send threatening e-mails, the one place you don't want to send them to is a government office.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

You send threatening emails talking religiously about the exact same things terrorists say just before they blow people up, and wonder why you got arrested ?

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep you do, everything you say online is there forever, for everyone to see

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

Are you serious? You sent this and expected them to NOT think you are a terrorist? You told them you were coming there and you weren't going to leave until they gave you what you wanted.

To add to that, driving is not a right. It's a privilege you EARN by proving you have the knowledge needed to drive on the road safely and not endanger other peoples lives.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe not prison, but you need locked up somewhere if you think threatening people and throwing tantrums is how you get on in life.

Emphasising words like vengeance is idiotic as well, and bringing god into it just makes you look crazy.

Would you do the same thing if you went for a job interview and didn't get the job, and perish the thought of what you would do or even just threaten to do if a girl knocked you back.

15. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    yes without knowing what was said Its hard but overall most people overeact these days

16. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You got arrested? What a surprise lmao, after reading that I would have phoned the cops too.All this for a driving test??How many times have you failed?If it's only once I'm glad you aren't driving as you have some anger issues and I can see some road rage in your future.Words like vengeance with religious overtones = arrested at a government office.

17. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    [​IMG]

Really....really bad choice of words. They deserve an apology. I understand you were angry but I don't know too many people who wouldn't take that as being a threat.

Unless you're just trolling us all. In which case, you win.

18. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    "I MA FURIOUS! FILLED WITH VENGEANCE! I will demand you to issue me a Driver License ASAP. I will turn your office upside down if I have to. I will throw tantrum if I have to. I will be filled with anger if I have to. It's just, righteous, and justice! Anger is a gift! I will not let you relish your power. I will take it away."

After sending that, you totally deserve what you got/will be getting.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm really not shocked after reading that email. What on earth do you think fury and vengeance mean? They're extreme words that should be used in extreme situations (if at all). You literally come across as a religious extremist

20. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    That email was cheezy as hell.

What got you in trouble was the pseudo-religious banter.

If you just stuck to the 'I'll go down there and bitch till you cave in' rhetoric, they wouldn't have gone all "OMG it's the Taliban!" on you.

Note :
    Email is not the interwebs. Don't expect the same kind of drama-filtering desensitized audience as you'd have on 4chan or reddit.
    The old people working at the DMV take crap seriously. It's a different audience, so tailor your words appropriately.

Either way, you made no explicit threats, but you left room for people to assume.

Would be great if the 1st amendment would be honored. But it won't be.

Also, L2Drive. Honestly.

Even if you were blazed, drunk, strung out, had the flu and a 105 degree fever, you should still be able to pass the driving test without even trying.

This is a bare minimum 'just get by' test.
    Realistically, if your skill level is just high enough to pass this test, you're still dangerous.

Keep in mind that a driver's license is not a right to operate a car.
    It's a right to use public roads while operating your car.

If you wanna go practice on a private parking lot, or on private roads, you're welcome to do that with the permission of the land owner.

-scheherazade

Last edited: May 6, 2013