G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    He should use spoilers for that, I havent encountered that quest!

2. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Has anyone tried the unlimited ring mod ? I always found it strange that you couldn't use more than one ring in the game. I mean surely it would make sense to have several rings of power. Would the mod be cheating in a way, or making the game more realistic ? I would argue that it would be more realistic, but that's just me.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well there are amulets, necklaces, circlets, fragments, potions, helmets, braces and other things that also give various powers, properties, etc. So to add multi rings on top of that is OTT imo.

4. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I understand, but when you max out your enchantment skill, you can get two enchantments on each ring, your necklace, boots, gloves, helmet and armor, which gives 15x2=30 powerfull enchantments. You become a God. If you like a game with no challenge, go ahead, but the fun will be gone.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Anyone here with dual core (prefer same, close to my clocks) that can give me hes graphic settings?

Even with the new patch that gave performence boost with dual core, it still runs the same.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    the main settings that make a difference are shadow resolution, resolution and texture resolution, anything else is a few fps here or there or no difference

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Mod would make the game ridiculously easy, when the game is already stupid easy.

You can one shot enemies AND have max resist in all forms of damage simultaneously.

What would adding more rings accomplish other than being even more ridiculous?

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Question: when I launch the 4 GB Skyrim file and Steam isn't already running it opens the launcher. However, if Steam is running then the same file loads the game to the menu and bypasses the launcher. I've had three desktop crashes on three occasions where the launcher has opened but the game seems stable if the game loads to the menu so is the LAA only working when the launcher does NOT appear? In other words:

4 GB Skyrim + Steam NOT running = Launcher appears and game loads without LAA

4 GB Skyrim + Steam running = No launcher but games loads with LAA

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

don't see why people want mods to make the game more easy, seriously.. it's an epic rpg with lots of side quests/extra material so just take your time levelling up and either do quests as they show up or work on the guild quests. It's a lot more fun and will last much longer. I'm 120 hours in, level 34, and have only completed two fractions and a single early part of the main quest.

Totally enjoying myself with image mods and taking my time with the game, I'm probably not even half way through. This game can be really epic if you play it a certain way.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    lol people wanting mods to make the game easy,its already dead easy on adept,i been playing on expert since day 1(master is too hard),playing on adept requires hardly any blocking whatsoever,you just slug it out and 90%of the time you win without even looking at the monitor....and people want it on easy...jeeez.

11. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I play on master I'll have you know, I do run away a lot however.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Can you change the difficulty midway in game, from normal to adept?

13. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I do agree with not wanting the game any easier but..
    What a crock of bs...
    Hmm, then why do I get my ass handded to me from a Marauder with low quality amour and a pos hammer with no attributes with a single hit..
    Yet I'm level 86 207 hours in, have full Daedric Armor smitthed to (Legendary), all components have 2 enchantments each, every one of my skills is on 100%, all my weapons are maxed as they can be with 2 enchantments...
    Ohh it must be the 10% the time that doesn't succeed ...phhhh

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Anyone found any good deals?

Most 30$ ones I find are Russian versions, which I don't wanna deal with.

Most sales are "55$", which to me is still 5$ to much, and not a sale at all.

40$ would be a good sale, 30$ would be the perfect price though.

15. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Then wait for a bit and the game will be reduced in price and better playable due to patch updates being available.

I paid $79 AU for the game and to be truthful I don't feel ripped off one bit.
    Sure I would have liked the game for $29, but I can't expect that for a game that has so much play value and that is so fresh on the market.
    If I'd waited for 6 months I would have been able to buy the game for 2/5 of the price it is now.

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    how do i make a texture mod into a fomod so that it can be turned on and off on the fly when booting game, for screen shot / performance comparison stuff?

thankyou all

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So how did the new patch help any of you out?

I just downloaded it (1.3 i think it is) not really had the time to play my self. Just wondered if it has brought any decent fixes to performance yet? The slow down in towns is starting to annoy me when its 60fps everywhere else...

18. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    They haven't fixed the candle light stutter.

This is due to the way the AI levelling works in SKYRIM.

If you enter a Dungeon at level 5 , all the characters get locked at level 5 , so the next time you enter the dungeon at level 21 you can use one hit kills on all the enemies who are still levelled at 5.
    Same goes with dragons.

This leveling system is similar to Fallout 3.

You just need to understand what happens if you enter a newly discovered Dungeon at level 86. -----you will be fighting an army of super-soldiers...:biggun::biggun::biggun:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    118 hours for me and level 45 (almost 46). Still feel like there's tons of stuff to do and I haven't completed the main quest either. I'm currently doing the Dark Brotherhood missions. I haven't used any mods either though I do confess that I have used the 'resurrect' command from the console a few times to revive Frost (my horse) as he does die way too easily due to being ridiculously aggressive. Even if I 'park' him some way from dungeons and forts he still has a tendency to come charging in which is annoying. Can't wait to get Shadowmere to be honest.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.