How to get proper SLI scaling in Far Cry 3. (DX11 mode)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by drac, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I did try this flag 0x080912F5 with Nvidia Inspector and it does work really well.

My card is maxing out both gpus at only 70% max so i upped the MSAA to x8 and its now at around 90% which is more like it.

Like yourself the lastest driver which is 310.70 works great with the 1.02 patch that was installed today.

Its not perfect there is still room for improvement like the Jerky animations that happen from time to time but its very very smooth now, I get no stutter at all and ive upped the water from medium to Very high also, Will carry on testing.

I wont start playing till its running perfectly, The game really is stunning to look at:)

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hmm, cant up the water yet myself as still have the fps hit, but my gpu usage it any from 45-65ish with 0xAA.

Oh yeah havnt tried forcing yet through inspector, be back.

Edit:Nope still cant force aa with inspector.
    Im sure im doing it right.

AA Compat = FC 2 flag - 0x00100000
    Behaviour Flag = none
    Mode = Overide
    Setting = ~XAA
    Apply

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  3. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Why do you want to force AA?)
    These are my comparison screenshots:
    http://postimage.org/gallery/wni6fn0/a9f3e463/

The best balance between quality and performance is with FXAA (PostFX Ultra) and MSAA 2x. Antialiasing is still good even with with only FXAA.

4. headpunk

headpunk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX670
    Thanks for the reply. Looks like I was told wrong about fraps, thanks for clearing that up for me. Yes MSI tells me im have DX11 so thats good to know

I also put sli visual indicator on and it seems sli is on I think but the green bar doesnt expand all the way from the end to the beginning, if you get my drift. Not sure what that means

5. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Poor game optimization, broken SLI profiles, etc, etc, etc :grin:
    Multiplatform games - 30 fps on an average rig and devs think it will be enough for an average PC gamer.

6. headpunk

headpunk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX670
  7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Does anyone else NOT have the new MaLDo SLI bits with these new drivers?? I have done 2 clean installs and I do not have them, just the ols ones?

8. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I think they are into a profile update not into drivers update. Check updates through right click in nvidia icon in windows bar.

9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yes, I have but says no updates available, got all profiles ticked in preferences too? Not too worried as I added your custom bits manually:) Very weird though?

10. LordRegent

LordRegent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680 SLI
    Yeah people!!, SLI bits 0x080912F5 are perfect!! (it seems Nvidia were on the right track...but missed the "1" after the "9")

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can anyone else confirm the above, please.

12. TK423

TK423 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    So what's the final verdict here?

0x080912F5 or 0x0C1902F5?

Update-

Running with GTX 580 SLI, all settings Ultra.

Performance is still garbage with V Sync or Adaptive V Sync on.

0x0C1902F5 gave about 45-60 fps (constantly jumping back and forth) with all V Sync off.

0x080912F5 gave about 70-85 fps with all V Sync off.

Update 2-

Tried running Adaptive V Sync with 0x080912F5. Consistant 60 fps until combat. Dropped down to 30s.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  13. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    I am using my 0x080912F5 bits :) Minimum 62 fps in the starting village, average fps in jungle is 70-120, with no noticable drops. Ultra, 2x, HBAO, Vsync off (120hz monitor).
    The only problem left is those 60-100 fps I have with 70-80% GPU usage regardless of any SLI bits.

14. cemnahit

cemnahit Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    Ok, i found a way about sli scaling in this game. Hope this method works for you guys too.

First of all use 0x080942F5 flag.

Then when the game loads first time to the main menu, just go to options and turn off vsync completely. If you see your gpus scaled then you are good to go. Load your game and then enable vsync again. Now the scaling must be good.

15. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Same GPUs load as with 0x080912F5 bits, 80% avarage.

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    This +1:D

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i finally figured out my issues with frame rate drops. i believe in game *vsync* is broken! i was having serious stuttering and frame drops in MP. i fixed it, atleast this works for me, by turning vsync *off* in game and forcing it through the game profile in inspector. not onlt did this clear up my frame rate drops and stuttering, but mp doesnt crash anymore after a round ends! this might not help eveyone, but it sure cured my problem...

i can now play multiplayer maxed out with no MSAA, and easilty hold 60 fps. most i've seen both my gpu's get to is 75%,averaging around 65%. hell. i might even try 2xMSAA now, i have enough headroom on my gpu's maybe :)

edit: it didnt fix the game crashing after a round, but it definately fixed my frame rate issue, runs great now!

im using 310.64 and SLI bits 0x080912F5

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes i been using this flag for last couple of days since you posted it.
    @Burnt Ram Nice tip regarding Vsync cheers.

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i was wrong vysnc has nothing to do with it. i get the huge frame drops everytime the game crashes in multiplayer. i have to reboot to fix it. man this is a drag, hope they get a patch out soon.

20. scutzi128

scutzi128 Guest

GPU:
    3 x GTX470s @ 850MHz
    I can confirm vsync has no effect on my game. I am running @ 1080p Ultra with 2xmsaa. I use vsync to cap @ 60fps. When the game is running fine it is smooth @ 60fps with about 70-80% gpu usage across all cards. Then for seemingly no reason sometimes my fps drop to 40-55fps and gpu usage drops to between 50-60%. Then it will go back to running smooth only to drop back down again sometime later.

I have tried using just 2 cards instead of 3 and there really is not much difference in fps other then the load on each gpu is higher with just 2 gpus. I am using 0x080912F5 SLI bits which between that and the new beta 310.70 drivers seemed to improve performance somewhat but it is still not acceptable. Game version is newest (1.02). I have yet to try SLI bits 0x080942F5, I will try tonight and see what happens. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon because it really is taking away from the game for me atm.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012