Intel X25 SSD annoying sound *youtube video inside*

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gjonson, Mar 18, 2011.

1. gjonson

gjonson Member

GPU:
    2x460GTX
    Hello,

I have been telling several people about my problem with this weird sound coming from my Intel X25 SSD. Some people refuse to believe me, stating that "it has no moving parts" and so on. And they insist that "something else in your computer is responsible for the sound you hear."

Ok, so I made this video to show people just how it is. The sound has more high-pitch sounds to it, but youtube stripped most of it off. So it is much higher and more annoying than it appears in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuijfJfQxts

Now, what is causing this sound? Is it some sort of coil whine? Do you think I can get a new drive on warranty? Its about 18 months old I think (80GB version). Its a bit of a pain to switch system disk but I guess it cant be helped... Problem is that it doesnt make this sound all the time, but rather sometimes. When it happens, it is always under heavy load though.

I have not been able to discern any difference in performance due to the sound.

2. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Sounds like the buzzing of electrical current. Make sure all the cables are fastened.