Best gaming year sinds ever?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by signex, Nov 22, 2012.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I gotta say, there are to many good games coming out this year, or are already released.

I do have lots of time to spend of finishing my games. My school year starts next year in February.

Black Ops 2 came out, playing(MP) the hell out of it!
    Already rank 49, pretty fast for a casual gamer.

And assassins creed 3 just came out too, love it so far!
    First assassins creed game i will finish, and maybe after i will be finished AC2(thank god for savegame storing on there servers).

Hitman Absolution also coming out this week, appears to be a good game too.
    But haven't bought it yet.

And the best game of em all in my opinion is Far Cry 3, wich comes out 29th this month.

It's kinda frustrating, what to play, what to play lol.

What year was for you the best? So far 2012 is mine, and let's op 21 dec 2012 won't happen haha :nerd:

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm not really keeping track but for me it was just decent, since I prefer RPGs and in that department it was kind of a light year. I love the action games though, like Sleeping Dogs, Max Payne 3 and now Assassin's Creed 3. Far Cry 3 looks very good, nothing like the second that I didn't like much.

In the "surpsie" category I would mention Dishonored and The Walking dead, solid games that are worth the time and money and that I didn't know much of till their release.

3. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    That is the primary reason my friend why I'm not getting my hopes up for being able to finish those games.

There are lots of good games this year. Assassins Creed 3 being my most awaited game. Far Cry 3 looks good. I loved NFS The Run too. Hopefully the world doesn't end this Dec 21. :wanker:

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    2013 will be best, GTA V comes out.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I thought GTA V will come much later on PC then the console version?

6. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    I think it's been an okay year. I've not actually got many of the games I wanted this year, so far. I'd still like to get Dishonored, Max Payne 3, Ass Creed 3.

But! I do have Halo 4 (don't hurt me), awwwww yeah! I don't know why but I can't get enough Halo. I absolutely love it, all of it and everything about it. Halo is the only reason I still have a 360 though.

7. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    A great year for indie games IMO. Big blockbusters not so much as there were too many sequels

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    cant think of a better year for pc games than 2003. The last year I can remember a true PC specific high value production game being released.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was just thinking that for me personally this year is the best in ages. we had D3, GW2, rFactor 2 beta, major expansions to MMOs, also a lot of great titles announced for next year. other than that I'd have to say 1992.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maybe 2004?

Half Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament 2004, GTA Vice City, Halo 2, World of Warcraft, NFS Underground 2...

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, this year has had some really good releases. But, last year was a better year for games in my eyes.
    While 2012 has giving up some great games with games like The Darkness II, Max Payne 3, Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, Sleeping Dogs and DisHonored... I personally didn't find a whole lot this year I felt I really wanted to buy.

Other then the games listed above I was horribly letdown with The Syndicate and Mass Effect 3. And the only console title I bought was HALO 4.

2011 offered up so many more games, and so many more that I had an absolute blast with.

Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Portal 2, DNF, Alice: Madness Returns, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Island, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Skyrim, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Saints Row: The Third, RAGE, Batman: Arkham City....

Add in a couple games that were fun (gameplay wise) but were lacking like FEAR 3 and Hard Reset. Then toss out a couple letdowns like Homefront and Postal III.
    And on the console side I got Gears of War 3, Mortal Kombat, LA Noire and Shadows of the Damned.

This has been a good year, but 2011 was an amazing year.

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    this year has been meh, not that great IMO. farcry 3 will boost this years rating though. last year was the best, and next year will be amazing as well.

13. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs

best of all-time for me would be whenever Chrono Trigger was released

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    1995 was it?

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Probably, but I think it will still come out in 2013 fall/winter, like it was with GTA 4. Sucks that there's nothing official yet.

16. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    2007 had STALKER:SoC, Bioshock, Crysis, CoD: MW, Mass Effect and The Witcher and Assassin's Creed and HL2: Ep 2, and...

17. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    For me it was 2004. HL2, Doom 3, Farcry, WoW, UT2K4, Halo 2, etc etc.. I was younger too so i enjoyed them more.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Why when people say 2004, nobody lists Painkiller? Such a fantastic game.

And personally, I thought 2007 was a bit overrated.
    While it did see the release of a lot of games people loved... for me, it was rather average.
    As I found CoD4 to be ungodly overrated. An average game at best with a crap story.

Crysis was a huge disappointment to me. Great tech, terrible game.
    BioShock started awesome but fell apart incredibly fast. And STALKER was fun.
    Episode 2 and Portal were great.

But, not a lot else that year that I was all "YAY" about.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Very hard question.
    1991/2 for me.
    85 and 87 was good also.
    2005- BF2

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming