Nvidia and Lockheed Martin : Profile supporting SLI with Prepar3d v2.x

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by supersym, Jul 30, 2014.

1. stryder011

stryder011 Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black 6GB
    nvidia if you are monitoring this forum....

Prepar3d has picked up where FSX left off and is a dream in the making for most flight sim enthusiasts. The developers are working hard to migrate threads off the CPU to the GPU. This is one of the main reason why getting good support for GPU is critical to have the best experience in P3d.

We know nvidia makes great GPU's and has great support for games as well. Please work with Lockheed Martin and come up with a proper profile for Prepar3D.

I have already invested in a Titan Black and would jump and get a second one, once Lockheed Martin confirms that SLI support works in P3d. This can only happen with a proper nvidia profile.

So lets do it....... SLI profile in the next driver release :cheers:

2. CaptCWGAllen

CaptCWGAllen Guest

GPU:
    INVIDIA Titan 6GB
    Supporting SLI with P3D v2.x

I second this. I have a Titan and would definitely purchase another for SLI were Nvidia to enable the unit for Prepar3d.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm not sure why all you newcomers think that posting here is going to help anything but I can only assume you are primarily simmers and not aware of the lackluster state of affairs where SLI profiles are concerned.

SLI support for pretty much all of the AAA releases this year has taken months to materialize and in some cases, it still hasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a profile for P3D as well but I wouldn't hold your breath as I doubt it is going to appear any time soon.

Of course, I would quite happily be proved wrong ;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  4. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo New Member

Dear Nvidia,

I just purchased a GeForce 780 6GB. I would buy a 2nd one the moment you guys come out with a Prepar3D SLI capable driver.

Please add to your "To-Do" list.

Many thx

5. Cowpatz

Cowpatz Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Titan
    Be like Nike ....just do it!

6. V8VENOM

V8VENOM Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 4090
    Lockheed Martin has been working months with nVidia to get driver support and SLI support.

This forum is monitored by an nVidia Rep ... so making a voice certainly can't have a negative effect.

EDIT: So Goat Simulator is an AAA title?

7. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    Having a profile still can result in awful scaling.
    Look at them working with Watchdogs, the outcome was hilariously poor.

8. wizzards

wizzards Guest

GPU:
    asus 570
    please,please Nvidia get behind Lockheed martin and support P3d v2,
    lots of simmers use your graphic cards and would like your help to obtain the great results that we know the cards are capable of delivering
    thanks for reading
    peter

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Well, I hope we get a profile (but I'm not holding my breath).

10. Rob Ainscough

Rob Ainscough Guest

GPU:
    Titan 6GB
    Sadly 344.11 didn't really bring much SLI support ... there were a few new entries in the Prepar3D profile but they don't appear to be anything related to SLI.

I think perhaps nVidia are not aware of the simulation community both standard "end user" and the "commercial" sector ... be it FSX, XP10, or P3D v2.x ... consumers of these flight simulators are more than willing to purchase 1, 2, even 3 more GPUs (heck I have 3 Titan Blacks).

The average flight simmer spends about 10X more on hardware than the average twitch gamer. So for every 100,000 flight simmers that's 1,000,000 twitchers ... so $$$ wise it really is something to consider or at the very least take a more serious look into the flight simulation market. You'll be amazed and how deep our pockets are from $2500 Yoke's to full blown cockpits ranging in the $20,000+ range. And that the private sector, their is the commercial sector with even bigger pockets and they would love to see SLI.

Cheers, Rob.

11. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Not much to add but +1.

Come on nVidia please give us a little respect and support. The vast majority of flight simmers are nV users, and I'm sure a little work your end could yield some great results on this DX11 platform, not just in SLI but in general performance and stability of frame rates.

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    +1
    Even though i don't own P3d v2, i feel pretty bad for all those SLI users that have invested a serious amount of $$$ for Nvidias top high end cards
    and not having proper SLI support or none at all on launch day of demanding AAA (or not) Games.
    It's just sad to see users with 2 way or even 3 way sli with cards like GTX Titans that has cost them a small fortune, to only have a fully working optimized driver,
    with great sli support on benchmarks like 3dmark..
    I know that in some cases it's the game developers fault releasing unoptimized console ports with no SLI or Crossfire support to begin with (even capped to 30 or 60fps).
    This forces users to wait for a game patch/update from the developers or if no patch is needed they still have to wait for Nvidia to get a proper working sli profile.
    In the meantime instead of them enjoying and playing a game maxed out on their triple monitor setup with plenty of horse power to push even 120fps..
    they spend their precious time fiddling with NVIDIA Inspector to try and get a working profile.
    From what i have been reading lately from users feedback is that SLI support has gotten worse lately,
    making hardcore gamers/users regret spending that extra $$$ for a second or third GPU only to have it sitting in their rig doing nothing..
    NVIDIA has to seriously put their things together in their driver department,
    even if it takes to spend more $$$ with the game developers ensuring proper sli support and scaling on day 1 or for me they don't deserve to have the NVIDIA the way it's meant to be played logo on their NVIDIA GameWorks titles that provide excellent VisualFX such as,

HBAO+ Enhanced Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion.
    TXAA Temporal Anti-aliasing.
    Soft Shadows Improves on PCSS to reach new levels of quality and performance, with the ability to render cascaded shadow maps.
    Depth of Field Combination of diffusion based DOF and a fixed cost constant size bokeh effect.
    FaceWorks Library for implementing high-quality skin and eye shading.
    WaveWorks Cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications.
    HairWorks Enabling simulation and rendering of fur, hair and anything with fibers.
    GI Works Adding Global Illumination greatly improves the realism of the rendered image.
    Turbulence High definition smoke and fog with physical interaction as well as supernatural effects.
    Along with GPU PhysX effects.

All of the above are great techniques to make games more immersive, but they also have a large impact on gpu performance thus the need for SLI.

To put it in simpler words Nvidia has to put their priorities together and SLI should be one of their first...

Sorry for the long post i just had to get this out of me as i really feel sorry for you guys that have spent over a 1,000$ in gpu's and not having sli profiles to make use of them..

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I'd have to imagine the hang up is Prepar3Ds fullscreen isn't true exclusive fullscreen but just a borderless window.