SimCity Might be the worst Game release Ever

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 9, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    How is Origin a joke? They were pretty fast at giving me my refund.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Hopefully EA will learn a big, big lesion from this. How not to launch a much anticipated big release. Think I'll wait a year till it comes down in price.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I almost feel bad for some of the devs, a few of them must have really poured their heart into this just for it to be ruined by poor management.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Karma, bitches!

5. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
  6. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Might be?

Definitely is.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Diablo 3 was horrible too. People couldnt manage to play for bow long? 4 days.

8. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    haha that video

OMG the price :bang:

when i heard that they where going to make another simcity i started dreaming. then we started hearing about stuff origin, always on internet, not being able to save locally not being able to play off line/single player and lots of things missing from the simulation environment i.e underground train

ive play the old simcity every now then (not for a little while) and do you think this simcity will even be playable 5+ year down the line with all this DRM and reliance on other sever that if off line will make the game unplayable

this is half the reason i don't relay game any more

would not mind trying it out but will not be pay £50 for somthing i probably don't want

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If it's even still online in a year....

10. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    I have not bought this game and I don't plan on it now either because of all of this drama surrounding it. But this I have to comment on from anyone with a brain in their head can clearly see, so a cut and paste from the response from EA

"The number of disrupted experiences has dropped by roughly 80 percent."

WTF do they think that is? Clearly it is because so many people are fed up even trying to play this game that they have simply gave up, and yet even as Hilbert pointed out he tried logging in and still can't connect. Sounds like they are continuing to lie and band-aid this hemorrhage. Sad, I was excited to finally have another Sim City

11. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    And, so, EA finally did it. They killed Sim City. Guess I'll have to keep going back to previous installments to play great games. GOG has Sim City 2000, so I guess I'll go for that.

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I bet Will Wright the founding father of Sim City is ticked off about this. I would be if I was the original creator of the game.

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i was kinda giving EA a 'benefit of a doubt' that they wouldn't kill this game, as they did with NFS, NBA Live, C&C, and all the other great games. but man, i guess they proved me, and themselves, wrong :lol:

14. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Lulz, Sim City now has more one star reviews on Amazon than Spore.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sigh was so interested in this now, it just wait and see if they fix the damage the done, and remove this bs that one need to be online to play the game. But its EA so i wont hold my breath not after they ass raped C&C and burned it then buried it under ****. And yes that is exactly how i feel bout what they did to the C&C franchise.

16. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i love how the EA zombies like eclap, tainte3bludge, nhlkoho, baleur talked smack about me... how about when Hilbert posted 2 news articles how simcity crashed and burned?
    aren't you gonna call him an idiot and fool? guess not because he has a ban button?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    yeah, why buy a game on release when you can buy it 1/3 of price 2months ago, after all, what you get for paying the highest price is headaches with the servers...

YOU DONT NEED PATIENCE, ITS SUMTHING YOU PAID.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You're right....gamers don't have patience BUT, given that they PAID to play a game that most have had no access to, I'd say they're right to be pissed. EA had an obligation to ensure EVERYONE they collected money from, had access to the game the day it became available in each country. EA has thus far failed at that obligation. They knew how many copies had been pre-ordered and their servers should have been setup to handle at least 2-3x that number....

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm not sure who is more to blame with this?
    Maxis for designing an online only game in the first place or EA for clearly being tight arsed when it came to supporting the game server wise on release as just no excuse when the more sales they get the more they should be investing server wise.

I still like EA as no other publisher comes close to them for variety, but i'm always wary of them as they are wildly inconsistent, especially when it comes to the PC.

I dislike ARPG's so never played it, but even Diablo 3 release sounds like it went better than this did.

Anyone who has got both, which one is worse?

A 1000 1 star reviews might sound like alot, but it depends on how well the game has sold.
    Someone told me Diablo 3 was a failure since thousands of people had issues it, but if millions don't then those thousand of people don't mean much, so wondering if it's the same issue here.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:

That's nothing .. you should've seen the people defend ACM and WarZ. No surprise that games are declining in quality.