Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Could someone test this with older games? I thought they won't work if nvidia didn't use anything less than x50 in the driver version.

3. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    I didn't modify it. I used the person's link above ^
    All I had to do was disable the Driver Signature Enforcement that you can do while booting Windows.

Oh btw, very good drivers. Adaptive vertical sync and FXAA works. Frame rate is awesome. No pink screen of death so far on these drivers compared to the 290s...

EDIT: Nope, still get the PSOD. Son of bitch! :banana:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  6. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    any NFO on these ones yet?

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  8. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Adaptive Vsync
    Adaptive Vsync - Half Refresh Rate

Not sure which one is better :D

9. SumLeetNub

SumLeetNub Member Guru

GPU:
    yes
    why have a dog and do your own barking?

10. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Batman AC DX11 max:

296.10:

min - 12
    avr - 47
    max - 35

301.10:

min - 11
    avr - 48
    max - 36

3DMark11 (P):

296.10:

301.10:

11. stasio

stasio Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
    The GeForce 301.10 includes the following highlights:

New Features

● NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology - dynamically maximizes clock speeds based on workload of the game to push performance to new levels and bring out the best in every game.

● NVIDIA FXAA Technology - shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. Note: This feature is disabled for games already have built-in support for FXAA.

● NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync - dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience.

● NVIDIA Frame Rate Target - dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI.

● NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technology - with a single GeForce GTX 680 you can expand your PC games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate "inside the game" experience. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-3D Vision monitors.

New Surround features:

- Add in a fourth accessory display to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
    - Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
    - Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
    - Enable bezel peeking - a feature which enables users to temporarily 'peak' behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
    - Enables users to add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
    - Enables full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).

● NVIDIA NVENC Support - adds support for the new hardware-based H.264 video encoder in GeForce GTX 680, providing up to 4x faster encoding performance while consuming less power.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-301.10-whql-driver.html
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/301.10/301.10-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

12. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    Guys the GPU Boost will work also on 500 series?

13. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Performance in gtx 5xx series ?

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @PirateNeilsouth; I suspect that depends on if your game hit FPS closer to your refresh rate, or half of it.

@SumLeetNub; Stupid comparison, you don't purchase drivers, and other people don't make your dog bark for you.

@Andypandy1991; Not seeing anything related to that on my 470, so I guess you may be out of luck?

I don't see any mention of TXAA in the NVCP or using Inspector, maybe absent from driver? Or needs newer version of Inspector? Maybe only for the 600 cards?

Also, probably unimportant, but I now use 60mb of Vram at desktop with Aero off (vs. 46 or so mb with all previous drivers), obviously not a problem, but hey it's a difference.
    Also, Afterburner reads my Shaderclock slightly differently, for whatever reason it should show up as 700 core, and 1400 shader. But now it shows as 700 core, and 1399 shader.
    Wonder what makes these little changes, my guess it's because this was meant to be used with the 680 only. Other than that, no outstanding problems that I can tell.

Uses Cuda 4.1.1, OpenCL, PhyX, DirectCompute 5.0, all properly supported according to GPUZ.

15. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    anyone with more than 60Hz can tell me if the card keep stay full 3D clock while idle on desktop ??

Thank You

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Hope they never will. If people seriously still run XP as of today they should sell their Hardware and get a Console.

17. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    can someone mobility mod this too?

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Same issue as before, back to 285.79.

- UE3 antialiasing issue is there (which means that antialiasing does not work in ME1 and UT3 through CP at least in my case when v-sync is enabled).
    - No power saving when using higher than 60Hz.
    - FXAA doesn't show up in screenshots taken with fraps.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Power saving modes worked normally with 285.79? I haven't unboxed my 120Hz display so any info I can get before I do this will save me some time :D