Rivatuner 2.10 released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Rivatuner has been updated towards version 2.10 In this release we have included a huge number of new stuff to keep you busy, obviously GeForce 9x00 support has been added as well as ForceWare GeForce drivers up-to 177.92 and AMD ATI Catalyst 8.8 support.

With this release comes support for ATI Radeon 4800 class graphics adapters and better GeForce GTX series 200 support as well.
    RivaTuner is a complete powerful tweaking environment, providing you everything you may need to tune NVIDIA GPU based display adapters. The widest driver-level Direct3D / OpenGL and system tuning options, flexible profiling system allowing to make custom settings on per-application basis, both driver-level and low-level hardware access modes, unique diagnostic and real-time hardware monitoring features and exclusive power user oriented tools like built-in registry editor and patch script engine make RivaTuner's feature set absolutely unmatched. RivaTuner supports all NVIDIA display adapters starting from Riva TNT family up to the latest GeForce series and widest range of NVIDIA drivers starting from the oldest Detonator 2.08 up to the newest ForceWare drivers family. In addition to complete NVIDIA hardware support, RivaTuner also provides support for display adapters based upon newer ATI graphics processors. All RivaTuner's features besides driver-level tuning options are also available on supported ATI hardware. Guru3D.com is Rivatuner's official homepage, click here to find version / build / changes and FAQ information.

For novice users, we have a guide to help you through Rivatuner and setup fan speeds and overclocks on your graphics card. This guide will hopefully help you understand how to use the features that Rivatuner provides.
    Revision update - Version 2.10

Minor bugfixes:
    • Fixed core clock gating detection code for G8x and newer display adapters. RivaTuner no longer erroneously detects core clock generator switching to PCI-E bus clock and no longer monitors wrong 100MHz core / shader clock under certain conditions (e.g. wrong shader clock on GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series in idle mode).
    • Driver-level fan control is no longer forcibly switching to direct fan control mode when driver-level system tweaks dialog is being closed and "Fan" tab is not in focus.
    What's new:
    • Added ForceWare 177.xx drivers family support.
    • Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 175.16, 175.19, 177.26, 177.35, 177.39, 177.41, 177.66, 177.70, 177.72, 177.73, 177.79, 177.83, 177.89 and 177.92.
    • Added Catalyst 8.5, 8.6, 8.7 and 8.8 drivers detection.
    • Updated Catalyst 8.5, 8.6, 8.7 and 8.8 certified SoftR9x00 patch script (for Windows 2000/XP drivers only).
    • Improved NVIDIA GT200 graphics processors family support. Thanks to Jacob Freeman @ EVGA for providing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 display adapter sample for testing.
    • Added AMD RV770 graphics processors family support. Now almost all RivaTuner's features including overclocking, low-level fan control and hardware monitoring are fully available on AMD RADEON HD 48x0 series display adapters. Thanks to Hilbert Hagedoorn @ The Guru of 3D for providing AMD RADEON HD 4850 display adapter sample for testing. Please take a note that currently RivaTuner doesn't support direct access to generic I2C bus and flashrom on RV770 GPUs, so generic I2C bus access based features (e.g. RADEON HD 4870 X2 fan control and monitoring) and VGA BIOS image dumping features are currently not available.
    • Improved set of technologies aimed to improve RivaTuner startup and usage safety in conjunction with other hardware monitoring and diagnostics related tools:
      • Previously used low-level I2C synchronization protocol is now also applied to driver-level fan control calls to prevent possible conflicts between low-level I2C transactions and internal driver-level I2C transactions. Please take a note that to take full effect the protocol must be supported by other tools used simultaneously with RivaTuner, so please ensure that you're using this version of RivaTuner with the latest versions of other monitoring or diagnostics related software products (e.g. Everest or EVGA Precision).
    • Updated bundled RivaTunerStatisticsServer v2.8.0 utility:
      • New server uses improved hook notification system and more aggressive hooks unload routines aimed to minimize the situations which require system reboot during server uninstallation.
      • Added new OSD rendering mode. Optional configurable OSD background improves OSD text readability in some applications and prevents it from merging with solid color screen. Please take a note that new mode doubles performance hit caused by OSD rendering so it is recommended to use in only when needed via the server's application profiles.
      • Updated pseudo-3D applications list.
    • Updated exceptions list for bundled D3DOverrider utility.
    • Improved hardware monitoring module:
      • Now hardware monitoring plugin activation wizard module enables ADT7473 plugin by default on GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series display adapters.
      • Improved memory clock gating detection for GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series display adapters.
      • Improved VT1103.dll plugin:
        • Added support for voltage regulator output and average current monitoring on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series. Please take a note that Volterra voltage regulators are rather sensitive to frequent polling and may return false data under heavy load, so it is not recommended to use VRM monitoring in daily monitoring sessions.
        • Added support for serial VID encoding mode for VT1165 voltage regulators to provide proper voltage regulator output monitoring on AMD RADEON HD 4870 and GeForce GTX 260 / 280 series display adapters.
        • The plugin no longer uses hardware database to detect used VID encoding mode. Now the plugin directly reads hardwired VID encoding mode defined by configuration resistors.
        • Optimized average current monitoring implementation for VT1105/VT1165 voltage regulators. Now the plugin pre-calculates and pre-caches maximum output current instead of calculating it on each average current read request.
    • Updated license agreement. New license agreement explicitly restricts publishing any links to RivaTuner on www.nvnews.net homepage or in www.nvnews.net discussion forums.
    • Minor UI changes and improvements.

2. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Does ATI cards only get support on my hd 4870 if I use 8.8 official?

Can I use 8.8 beta or 8.7 as I prefer these IMO,

Thanks,

d1fferent

3. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    YAY! Best software EVER! Awesome. I love this site.

4. ikarus69

ikarus69 Member

GPU:
    Intel GMA 950
    how to update? my old one was installed in "c:\programs\rivaruner 2.09". I want to keep every setting and profile when upgrading to 2.1. so what to do?

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    As always thank you for your dedicated work and continued support towards this amazing product!

6. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Uninstall it and it will came a popup which will ask you if you want to keep your settings then click No otherwise if you want to complete uninstall click Yes. So for you click No.
    Install 2.10 and voilà, settings are keeped. :)

7. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Switched to GTX260 last week, noticed the wrong core clock display/detection with v2.09 and continued OC'ing with EVGA Precision Tool 1.3.2. But I missed the useful hwmon/launcher/sheduler/fan change combination in RivaTuner, for own fan/temp tuning.

Thank God the beta time is over, v2.10 works fine, it "imported" my previously saved fan and launcher settings :D

Now if only nvidia made proper 2D/3D detection. Was poor in 177.92, now testing 177.83, works much better, but MSN main app or MSIE watching YouTube vids puts it in 3D mode ( :D 756 core, 1512 shader, 2450 mem, 68% fan ! ). Atitool makes it stuck in 3D mode, even after closing the app.

thx again for your RivaTuner updates !

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If you're not satisfied with NVIDIA's 2D/3D detection, you can create your own one using overclocking profiles and scheduler driven by "Hardware acceleration" graph. This way you may exclude any undesired application from 3D detection.

9. ikarus69

ikarus69 Member

GPU:
    Intel GMA 950
    thanks that worked great :)

10. jeryslo

jeryslo Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    Gret work man, it works great! I am just testing my graphic card maximum clocks, curently at 816/1140 and have noticed that if you go under CCC-ATI Overdrive it says capabilities have not been properly initialized yet, I am using 8.8. On the other hand I don't really care for that ATI Overdrive because I can now set all the necessary things in Rivatuner.

11. andries

andries Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2080 ti
    Great program thanks

Can someone help me to create a fan speed profile for my 4870. I tried the guide on guru3d, I think its out of date, casue it doesnt seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

12. Unwinder

13. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Do i have to install it into the old folder (e.g: RT 2.09) and rename that or do i have to install it into a new folder.

I'm asking because after i installed RT into the old directory, which i renamed RT 2.10 first, after installation messages appear like "...different folder...do you want to correct it?". So i was wondering if i did it the right way...

14. Unwinder

It doesn't matter, both ways (i.e. installing it in new and in old folder) should work.

15. andries

andries Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2080 ti

Uhm, lol don't want to sound like retard or anything, but where and how do I edit these variables so that I can make my custom fan profile. I really don't want a fixed fan speed.

Excuse my incompetence

16. Unwinder

Advanced fan controller parameters are available in low-level fan control tab but parameters editing is positioned as PowerUser feature so it is locked by default to prevent the beginners from erroneously corrupting these parameters. Editing can be unlocked via opening PowerUser tab, setting AutoFanControl to 3 and restarting RivaTuner. After that you can double click and edit each desired fan controller parameter.

17. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Thanks for having mercy with the elderly people among us! :)

I've been using RT for a couple of years now and was never sure about the correct way to update it.

18. andries

andries Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2080 ti

Great thank you very much unwinder. I have just palyed with pwm mode 3, and all I can say it is perfect.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated

19. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Big Thanks Unwinder.....

Can I ask, is it possible to change 3D settings such as AA and AF in Riva??

20. Unwinder

Not on ATI display adapters, sorry.