Dayz Standalone first Gameplay Vid

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DualCORE1, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nothing has changed regarding the distribution model.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Source? He said it was, cos of war-z which wanted to do same thing, same model. Alpha, Beta, Gold.

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Source?

I've seen and heard countless interviews. I've got my ear to the forum and devblog and have heard nothing of a change of plans...other than the fact that the end-of-year release date was unrealistic once they decided to make major changes in the client/server relationship and gut the engine to suit the game.

Regarding War Z, Rocket said the whole Steam debacle made him depressed, and he seriously considered quitting the business due to their unethical business practices, and the public (including some in his own family) mistakenly associating that turd with his own game, and Sergey's actions with his own.

He has stated for quite some time that after the "foundation" release (another term Sergey stole for the WarZ; thus tainting it forever), his team is committed to a year of updates to implement all the features they have in mind. Please point me in the direction of any changes to this plan, as I've not seen them.