AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL_Modded for LEGACY GPUs - SUPER STABLE SUPER PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Oct 31, 2012.

1. player

player Guest

GPU:
    dv6
    got it working thx. wts ur core and mem value?

2. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Well i change the values for every game,, But here are my fav values which work on al most all the games properly:

GPU clock / Mem Clock

599 / 845 - Super Stable

616 / 865 - For more gpu Intensive Games

601 /871 - The Best Clocks for me <3

616 /871 - Very heavy games .. but in testing mode currently,, sometime giving artifacts..

Ok .. Like when overclocking... dont directly go up to this level, do like this..

ste the clocks to about 530 / 745 then click apply. then go for the high values and Apply . . ;)

and try to keep an eye on the GPU Heat.. My max heat goes up to 103c in summer but as for now Winters,, its like 85c :)

and ya try to use a Laptop under cooler if you are really playing at that clocks.

EDIT : You will be impressed with the performance increase :)..

3. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    That's way to hot.

4. teohokage

teohokage Guest

GPU:
    atimobility HD4570
    what is ur default clocks in ur graphic cards?

5. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Core Clock / Mem Clock (Defaults)

450 / 600

EDIT : I have playing games on this Overclocked values for one yr..
    Opened up the Back panel of the laptop so as to reduce the heat and using a good under cooler, thus.. Mo problems till now.. No Artifacts, No hangs . .

Well it did took me 3 complete months to find out the perfect overclock values ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  6. teohokage

teohokage Guest

GPU:
    atimobility HD4570

i have 680/500 default,750/550 do u think is a good overclocking or i dont see any changes?

7. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    My 4650m can go a bit higher than that, with fairly good temps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    That's interesting... !!!

You are having voltage @ 1.1xx where as the maximum supported for my GPU is 1.0 :3eyes:

so when ever i go beyond 900 Mem Clock my system hangs up..!!! and lots and lots of artifacts...:pc1:

9. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    For GPU of level HD 4000 and below... increase the MEM clock more than the Core clock..

like you can go for 700 / 650 or 725 /650 that will make a difference...

but still its not like theory so you have to test with games..

set certain clock values and play few games, and play all the games for atleast half an hour . . because as the GPU gets hotter, artifacts will show up..

in that way you can find the top clocks of yr GPU where the games can run for a long time without any errors...

10. teohokage

teohokage Guest

GPU:
    atimobility HD4570
    if i put memory 625 and up is pup up this warning in left icon

[​IMG]

11. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Thats normal, Rivatuner has a default limit, lets say of a 10% or 20% and it doesnt understand what are the actual limits of the GPU, just ignore the warning icon.

The best way to overclock safely is to rise the clock in values of 20 mhz or 10, with a 3d app running in the background, you keep going up and checking the game for artifacts, if you see snow or artifacts then you are going too high.

12. teohokage

teohokage Guest

GPU:
    atimobility HD4570
    yes but when i set higher clocks from default limit and try to play need for speed most wanted 2012 crash in start

13. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    @Ankinferno

Do u have any plans for the xp version of your modifi0ed drivers?

Thumbs up for your effort in bringing the latest performance enhancements for the 4xxx users who need them much more than 7xxx cards owners.

Shame to AMD for their lies about releasing a "legacy" driver every 3 months.
    And for releasing a driver from april and putting a label 12.6 on it.

Lies, lies, lies.

At the time of my next GPU upgrade I am gonna think about supporting lying pieces of sheet really thoroughly. Even though I am not really a Nvidia fan for their pricing policy.

14. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Ankinferno, my catalyst is not saving overscan settings. Is that normal? I tried some registry tricks but they didn't work.

15. IFPMaximus34

IFPMaximus34 Guest

GPU:
    Ati mobility radeom 4300
    how to put mipmap detail option on catalys settings because I wanna turn it lowest in normal I think its highest any help would be nice

16. dj izlo

dj izlo Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4850 1GB
    Thanks

First post... thanks for any help. followed the directions and have variance from what's described:

Code:
    Step 1.> ONLY install the CCC from the 12.6 WHQL through the Normal install method. (Dont install any other component)

Step 2.> after the old CCC installation, Open Task Manager and terminate these processes if running:

* clistart.exe
    * ccc.exe
    * mom.exe
    * msiexec.exe

Main difference: I don't think I'm looking at the same thing you are because when I go to install selectively it doesn't really let me... I can't unselect much at all and instead of CCC it's Engine Control Center. I ran it anyways and then checked processes. The only lingering proces for me to end was "msiexec.exe". I tried a couple different flavors of 12.6 64bit... whql link and another one that was basically the same thing... different in size like 10 mb.. hold on a sec: yeah was diff by like 5mb one was 12-6_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc and the other was 12-6-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc

I run two 4850's x-fire. one 512 mb and the other has 1GB memory. When the drivers load up it calls the 1GB as a 7800 and the 512 as a 4800. The 7800 (maybe was 7900 idk) shows the right default clocks, 625/933 and temp and fan speed but the 4800 doesn't show anything... all 0's.

Sometimes i can get into the Engine control center to look at some x-fire stuff but doesn't seem right and eventually it just freezes in some blend of dominant color. mostly a nice happy blue but sometimes grey/white/black. idk wtf.

thanks for any help. Would love to have something contemporary but dread I may just go back to some frankenstein mix of builds 9 and 10. bout sick of ATI after this. ohhhh but I really want to know more about directcompute. been searching high and low for something to put the gpu to good use as it tends to be my cpu that is capping out first

I'll edit one more time: current status is all drivers/ATI folder wiped clean. will see what tips I get here before reverting to previous sucky builds. MOBO is ASUS.. crap, can't get the specific mobo rite now. has 32GB RAM and is on win7 ultimate.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  17. Matce

Matce Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4600 AGP 1G
    Hi!

can somebody please help me with that? I can not get that thing to install... Im going nuts! I followed every step but I get:

"The driver selected for this device does not support this version of windows"

Control Center -> Device Manager -> Microsoft Basic Display Adapter -> Update driver -> Browser... -> "Have Disk" -> click the "C7148226" file -> ATI Radeon HD 7900 x 4600 Series

I tried EVERYTHING with 46xx ... 4600 Series, 4650, 4670 ... always the same!

Setup:
    Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit
    Intel 660 Processor (64bit)
    ASUS P5P800 Board
    HIS HD 4600 AGP Card

not a gaming PC, just a work PC with 2 (3 -> projector) monitors... I have the Display CLONED on both screens right now... interestingly the primary (DVI) is having black bars ... the secondary VGA not...

I downlaoded the 64bit modded drivers... Undid the driver signing... the whole nine yards!

Im absolutely going nuts!

thanks

18. dj izlo

dj izlo Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4850 1GB
    this part

I did that as well and it recognized drivers... But I also did it another way. Instead of clicking the specific driver I just left the address to the directory containing the drivers in the browse-to box instead of clicking the specific driver. I just clicked the "ok" button with the address to the driver containing directory. I did that because I was a bit confused by the choice of three .inf files to chose from. Not sure if that may be a slight different thing for you to try but easy enough to give it a shot.

19. Matce

Matce Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4600 AGP 1G
    thanks for reply.

If I go to "Update Driver" -> BROWSER MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE" - then go to the folder in the TOP field and click NEXT -> this comes up:

"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

-> bull****! haha

20. dj izlo

dj izlo Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4850 1GB
    Yep, that happened to me a few times before but not recently. I think on the first page of the thread there's some discussion on a group policy edit to prevent it from automatically assigning. But after a fresh wipe of the drivers you should be able to pick drivers too. Makes me think that you just need to uninstall/clean the drivers one more time and give it a fresh go.

edit: check post #11 in this thread

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012