Nvidia Official Response on Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SLI-756, Mar 5, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings. Unfortunately, NVIDIA didn’t receive final code until this past weekend which substantially decreased stability, image quality and performance over a build we were previously provided. We are working closely with Crystal Dynamics to address and resolve all game issues as quickly as possible.
    In the meantime, we would like to apologize to GeForce users that are not able to have a great experience playing Tomb Raider, as they have come to expect with all of their favorite PC games.

ManuelG

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...e-a-look-at-tomb-raider/post/3752523/#3752523

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Gotta love MannyG :nerd:

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's unfortunate that the competition between AMD and Nvidia results in these little annoyances though hopefully it can be resolved either with a driver update, game patch or both. :)

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    +1 :)

5. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I'm im no hurry to give them my money. I'll wait for them to fix up some stuff before I even attempt the game...

6. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The Hitman:Absolution SLI bits work great and the game will run flawlessly maxed-out on your setup.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Weak excuse.

Although its ok once I disable TressFx, rest maxed with FXAA.. At least something :infinity:

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    A weak excuse?, how?.

They received new code over the weekend that was different to the code they had been given before - a code that was less stable, had worse image quality and less performance from the previous code.

I'm not quite understanding how that translates to a weak excuse for the issues NVidia cards are having, in fact it sounds like a perfectly valid one to me.

9. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    *facepalm*

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yup, perfectly valid, it happens to us AMD users to, when Nvidia won't give them code till late on for their TWIMTBP games. :)

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yeah my point exactly.. Then i see all these silly NV fans comments nvidia had to little time, blame SquareEnix/Edios/AMD and the code too,.. excuse upon excuse:D

Idc for any excuses I just want a working game TWIMTBP or AMD evolved. Funny thing was a TWIMTBP game had more issues then AMD evolved and response from nvidia? it starts blaming developers, even though its their TWIMTBP - COD5 WAW and Avatar to name a few. Or what's worse then they go AMD has this issue too so its not nvidia fault.. Ok, I mean why promote TWIMTBP then?

Anyway I hope Nvidia gets their **** together in the future, let this Tombraider issue be a lesson to them. :grad:

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh right, when amd users were going on about nvidia paying off developers to cripple performance. yeah i remember that

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    AMD paid off Crystyal Dynamics to cripple performance for Nvidia users.

There. I said it. :nerd:

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol :micro:

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...you sir make absolutely no sense

You're basically blaming nvidia for bad performance in the same way that a some kid gets blamed for a bad grade on a piece of paper when in reality that kid did great on the piece of paper, if it werent for the fact that the instructor changed the parameters/etc. of the paper at the last minute, making most work to done on the paper to become invalid, or partially invalid

how exactly should nvidia get their **** together when the build they had worked just fine and therefore means they had their **** together?

Some people have no logic i see.... I see no "lesson" to be learned here aside from "be weary of developers, they may screw the pooch in the end with our work"

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    is the game even worth it? havent read any reviews, I really dont give a rats ass about hair fx or wtf its called

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    IDK man. I only played it for 10 mins then went back to what I was playing beforehand. I only tested for functionality and what I did test, worked fine. I have a few games to finish before I can even start on this one.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I made enough sense to rage some nv fans, you included. :p

btw your comparison is flawed too, remember the days when a game just played, now we need driver optimizations for this game, game optimizations for that gpu.. And what would happen if you had a AMD gpu and it played terrible in certain game, who would you blame then? AMD or say nah its nvidia fault they had better game code xD

Imo nvidia had enough time to do their homework (slightly changed code or not), but they didnt want to prioritize it, they rather optimize it for Crysis3, Hawken or SniperElite2 :eyes:

Edit:
    And dont get me wrong it plays fine, just not with TressFX ON. With ON it has some abnormal latency issues by direct compute and it starts leaking memory.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    If memory serves me correctly, nvidia's game day support is superior to their competition, so they failed in this case to live up to expectations.

20. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I played "new" TR no problems during ~1 hour with all max settings except post disabled at 1280x720@FXAA-16xAF running Win 7 x64 SP1 with 313.96beta (HQ), sorry. And I got 45-60 fps but I dropped to 15-20 fps due to close to hair TressFX. :D But GF 600-series have problems.