Best Price / Performance card on the market at this time?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ArCElM, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Looking to replace my 4870x2..

However I do not want to spend £500 when I could have gotten a card for £300... which is 5FPS less..

if you see my point, need advice, would be very greatful.

Don't care about Nvidia/ATI

something else, I am not interested in 15-20 FPS gains over my card, I am looking for something to smash it.

from what I understand to beat my card by any SIGNIFICANT amount I am gonna have to pay a fortune, £300+

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. mypc

mypc Guest

just wait for GTX 660 OR 670......or if you want to buy now i would say 7870 OR 7850 OR if you want to go with nvidia gtx 580 i think OR 570

3. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Any of those REALLY gonna smash my 4870x2?

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    really should stick to one thread on the same subject, are you interested in nvidia or amd?

5. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    common man...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    yeah really. 2 threads?

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    HD6990, HD7870, HD7950, HD7970, GTX295, GTX580, GTX680 and GTX690 would all be faster than your card. Best thing you could do is look at the VGA charts and reviews to see how other cards compare to your's.

VGA Charts Spring 2011
    VGA Charts December 2009

But, he's right. You should only have 1 thread.... Don't be surprised if a moderator closes one....

8. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Honestly sometimes this place is so stupid.

You got two ****ing sections ffs.. the amount of time I have to type the obvious on this board over the years..

DO I REALLY HAVE TO TYPE THIS?

Everytime I use a msg board I find myself arguing with somebody who is displaying double figured IQ.. I get wound up and bitch at them.

Did you read my post?

And you are aware there are TWO sections right? one where the majority of AMD owners congregate and the other, Nvidia..

quite a few only surf there OWN section.

COMMON MAN... :bang:

It is bad enough there is a separate section for Nvida/ATI lol fkn nerds.

YES!!! Jesus AND? fkn INTERNET CRIME? give me a BREAK man this is £500+ hard earned cash I need as much advice as I can get.. grow up, think about the kids... and chill out about a FORUM THREAD

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    what a troll.

10. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I'm waiting for GTX 670 as i hope it will be best value.

If it is every time doesn't it click in your head it is something you do? Don't double post and don't complain about being told not to double post.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Try the general hardware section -.-

12. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    LOL

No seriously man common :D lets chill out.

I do not see why it would be so hard to understand.. in fact I will go one further and say I would think it was OBVIOUS why one would make a post in both sections.. unless your one of these proper sad nerds who only buys one or the other like for zero reason lol (not you, jst sayin)

In fact if it aint obvious to people they got no business conversing with me.

13. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Thanks for the advice.

Also the only thing that clicks in my head is how fkn sad internet nerds are.. it is a fkn forum on the internet.. I am not taking up two ****ing parking spaces.. and certainly not a disabled space (which is likely yours) it has two separate sections, with very different people rolling through each one.. F*CK IS THE PROBLEM HERE!?

LIGHTEN UP BOYS! COMMON :D

HEY uno I honestly thought about it right at the start but the real enthusiasts LOVE THERE SECTIONS! :D uno ;) wanna catch the guys who rly know there GPU's :D and there are several in EACH section :D

14. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Currently both teams are selling underwhelming/mid end 28nm parts at 40nm price/performance. Remember when next-gen meant 70-100% extra performance? Not today, because now you're only getting 20-30% AND a hefty price tag. The 680 only has a 256 bit memory bus so that struggles with Metro, Crysis, texture mods etc., the 7970 has a bigger 384 bit memory bus, but AMD kept the GPU too small to be serious competition for nVidia. It doesn't have enough stream processors for convincing performance in DX9/10. And it's COME ON, MAN.

15. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Mate this is a fkn excellent post full respect and yes you are right it is COME ON, MAN.. lol :( what a douche I need a facepalm for myself right now, I am not even gonna edit my posts, I deserve the humiliation.

Class post and info mate I honestly agree with this wholeheartedly.

This is something I have gotten so worked up about for the past 3 years, so much so I stopped buying PC hardware, but you are the first person I have actually come across that has FULLY GRASPED it.... in years.. and quite frankly your seem as frustrated as me with GPU's and the trickle release they are milking us with

I honour you with HALLO? hoe gaat het met jou?

thats my best effort.

16. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Lol. Well, there are all kinds of things to consider about how and why prices and performance are what they are, but hardware just scales and when you know what you want it's best just to wait to avoid disappointment, let alone frustration with performance.

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ArCElM let's take a chill pil and easen up a little with the insults and langauge there okay ?

18. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    So much negativity and anger in this post. Let's just all be friends :p
    But being serious, I'd personally wait for 670 release, as from what i saw on some of the info leaked/posted by some websites it is not gonna be that much slower than 680 and the price is about 70-100£ lower, so i might think it will be one of the better performance/price cards on the market. + you have to keep in mind that current 680 was orriginally suppose to be a 670, but as it beating/keeping similar performance to AMD's flagship it was named 680. So nvidia is gonna have some new toys commin out in the near future (at least i hope so) and 680/670 prices will drop (depends on when the 670 will come out, though everyone is saying it's gonna be this month).
    Personally i've chosen 680 (well i had nvidia cards since like mx440, so why not continue) and knowing how good nvidia driver team is (not to say amd is worse, but driver wise they are not even close to nvidia, though nvidia have been slacking for the last month or so) all those new 6xx cards will become better and better with time.
    all in all, my suggestion would be to try cards you wanna buy @ur friends house's or some shops that have test systems for that, or do some research on the web (youtube videos ftw).

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    OP please do not pm me any more.

20. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    oooooooooooook dealing with a 12 yr old, makes sense now.

Fear not young man you will receive no more conversing from myself.

EDIT: lol oh yeah! I just noticed this was the pecker who 1) did not read my post properly and asked me a question I had already answered, and 2) was the only one to point out and seemingly have no grasp as to why I would post this question in both the AMD and Nvidia section lol

[​IMG]

ALL MAKING SENSE! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.