MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19(2014-3-27)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 27, 2014.

1. nanoGuruTony

nanoGuruTony Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7870 V2
    Thanks! ^^

2. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Thank you Unwinder for that great app and hope that one day you will be able to live without the stress that the Russian government impose to Ukraine.

long live and prosper. :thumbup:

3. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Thanks guys :banana: ! Alex, ITA loc. is ready... :)
    THX !

4. Teremai

Teremai Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660
    Just made an account to say thanks.
    Keep up the good work!

5. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    We understand but beta 19, get real. We would need to go back 20 release if we do not want to get on the beta trend. Correct me if I am wrong, this is produced by MSI by paid employees. One would hope after beta 20 it is stable.

Regards

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Thank you Unwinder :)

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I doubt that you really understand it, sorry, so please try to get real too do a bit of research on topic before giving suggestions. There are no any MSI employees working on AB. I'm not a company employee and have primary medical software/hardware programming related job and (surprise!) real life as well. MSI Afterburner is a single man project which doesn't assume constant fulltime work on it and most of the recent beta functionality additions (such as CPU and iGPU monitoring, video prerecording and hardware accelerated H264 encoding via QS, NVENC and VCE and many many more) are not even supposed to be inside AB and not paid by MSI, I simply like programming and add what I find interesting to implement for myself. So "we don't want to get on the beta trend" doesn't work.

The only ways to go are:

1) Public beta testing of new features combined with active development as it is now
    2) No active development of new features, no betas, versions are updated with minor changes to add support for new hardware only and nothing else. That's exactly how I update EVGA Precision now BTW. Active development of new things there was simply frozen due to unhappy user reports.

There are no other ways. Absolutely. So I ask everyone once again to stop discussing beta versions or time limited betas. It is not productive at all, the only thing you can achieve is seeing AB development turning to the way 2 stated above.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Working smoothly.

9. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Nice thank you! :)

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Thanks Alex.

BTW: Is there an ETA on a final release of AB 3.0, or is it still to early to toss a time frame out? (If this has already been answered I apologize. I did not see it posted.)

11. whoisrich

whoisrich Guest

GPU:
    GTX 690 4GB
    Thank you for the update, the NVENC encoding option has been amazing, I now record fullframe 1080p at much better FPS than half frame with all the other encoders.

12. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

thank you !!! best vga tool ever !!!!

13. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Thank you for all your hard work.

14. Zydor

Zydor Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 7970 Lightning
    Loaded ..... running .... great job as always ..... stay well ...

15. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    Not to get technical, but it isn't black and white, you have a third option to open the source up and let others contribute. You've done an amazing job and it is a great product, but you don't have to take on this challenge yourself. There are others of us out there that are excellent software engineers that would love to contribute, as you, out of pure passion for doing so. You could still control the source and what features make it in, but you could free up a lot of your time doing the more trivial "option 2" parts and leaving that to others while you work on the more interesting "option 1" parts.

Anyway, I'd really hope that any criticism doesn't cause you to just take the ball and go home. It just means that people are using your hard work, and opinions are like a$$holes - everyone's got one.

16. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Thank you once again for your hard work.

And @ruiner13 I assume the developer himself knows what the options are better than random internet commentators.

17. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    Thanks

18. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Thank for the hard work, and the iGPU detection works very well. :)

19. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    It seems to me this is Unwinders passion. Any of us should be so lucky to ever get passionate enough in our lives to actually create something brilliant and lasting from that deep motivation.

Just because something you make is seen as great by many, gives no excuse to take their baby out of their hands.

Especially when, from what I can see, they are doing a fantastic job and exceeding all expectations really - even under hard circumstances!

...and there appear to be quite a few circumstances at work here as we are learning.

Through it all, Unwinder is one of the lucky ones and I hope the world smiles back at him for all that he is putting in :D

20. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    Ya I don't know what MSI is waiting to make a final release as it's getting annoying to have expiring betas. I just rebooted "crashed" 1 houre ago and then Beta 18 wasn't working anymore. Beta 19 wasn't shown on the official website yet but I'm happy it's here.