Medal of Honor Franchise is No More

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No I haven't. I'm holding off on FPS's until Bioshock and Aliens comes out.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Airbourne was the shizzle, give me moar.

Though this ea rep is a dreamer if he thinks the game deserved a better score than what is got.

What annoys me most about this industry is the constant push for authenticity, other than gfx, projectile and other physics along with sounds etc, authenticity can lick these. If a gamer whats to know the trials and tribulations of a real soldier, then they can get up off their arse and go join the army, lose some friends, a couple of limbs then enjoy the authenticity of post traumatic stress disorder when/if they get home. Personally i feel that other than when deciding to pull or to pull the trigger (sorry i meant squeeze, trying to stay authentic here), the personall side is no thumbstick/M&k warriors business.

/Mid morning rant.

3. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    if it was Valve's MOH... it would have been alive.... (Strategic)

.....conflicts between game studios.....at some points

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Put it down like the rabid, mangy dog it is. Now only COD and BF to go.

5. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Be"a"ware....oldies becoming fashion nowadays.....joking....

6. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I second this. With all the tech and eye-candy available now, a WWII shooter would be fantastic right about now.

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    All this means is that MoH was taken out of EA's rotation. Development for Bad Company 3 is in no way more or less likely, because that is a battlefield game developed by Dice. MoH Warfighter was developed by Danger Close Games.

I'm guessing Bad Company 3 will be put together in between Battlefield 3 DLC\Battlefield 4 development. I've seen already that they did plan on continuing the BC series. Just... don't know when. And I really don't see it being developed by anyone except Dice.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i wasn't suggesting that Bad Company games would be created by anyone other than dice. i'm saying now that EA need to fill the slot that is free because MOH is dead, that it will be BC3. BF4, BC3, BF5? etc instead of BF4, MOH *whatever name*

who knows, if EA/Danger Close would have had better sucess with MOH i bet we would have seen all three games in rotation. BF4, BC3, MOH.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I totally agree!

MoH was a great series. The PS1 games for their time were simply great games, I remember playing "underground" and seeing the front cover and thinking "You play as a girl!?" LOL but still going through that game and trying to get perfect times, scores, and all the bonus objectives were great. Only played. I loved the ones on PS2 as well (even though I played them on gamecube).

Medal Of Honor Airborne was not a bad game and it had a nice idea when you parachuted into the battlefield and you could tackle the missions from any angle. Still ultimately the objectives were the same, in the same locations, and it even showed you which area was the "safe" area to land in with green smoke. I loved the graphics to it as well, but I simply could not play past the first 3 missions it just didn't gel with me.

The recent ones have been complete and utter trash!

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Can't say i'm surprised to see this.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    ^^^^THISS, it's all modern shooter nowadays. It's getting annoying and boring.

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Riker: What did he say Captain?

Picard: I'm not sure Number One.

Data: Sir, I believe the universal translators are malfunctioning.

Geordi: I'll see if I can recalibrate them, should be a piece of cake.

Picard: Make it so...

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    This.

Had enough of the modern bull, back to ww2! No one wants a MW clone.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Does anyone want a WW2 game either though, and by want i mean meaningful numbers.

A decade ago WW2 games were living off the hype generated by Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers, and those games saturated the market until it got stale and the backlash was even greater than what modern war games are getting now.

The theme isn't the problem anyway, if Warfighter was set in WW2 it would still be a poor game, but a poor game with worse guns.

Homefront and now MOH has proven that there isn't really a huge market for war games unless your called Battlefield or COD.

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I know WWII has been done loads of time, but with Frostbite 2.0 it would look so damn good. Omaha beach, tank/machinery battles in Africa or Kursk. Throw in few stealth missions. For example, escape from Auschwitz.

16. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
  17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    WWII theme would be great, but not so arcadey. I'd love to see a new Hidden and Dangerous running on a modern engine.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ^^ That would be awesome! Or Prisoner of War, i loved that game!

19. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I'd like to see a lot of the old games from the late 80's to mid-90's make a comeback as modern remakes. Carrier Command was done. Elite Dangerous is on its way next year. Battlezone (3) would be nice. Computer gaming (including consoles) has become so vanilla you have to search for anything worth playing. It's all the same thing with a different set of clothes.

I used to buy 3-5 games every three months back in the 90's. Now I'm lucky if I buy one or two games every two years. I resurrected a Win98 gaming computer for just this reason.

I enjoy gaming but most of the new stuff is nothing more than an interactive movie. The game developers and publishers are all on the same wagon and have forgotten what a computer game is or could be. If it's so damn expensive to develop all the pretty stuff...scale back and make something intelligent for a change. Who knows...maybe they'll actually have enough in the budget to deliver a fairly bug-free piece of work and make a profit.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I would want a WW2 shooter

Besides the old weapons (bolt rifles my favorites, really hate spray and pray games) i also want the old game modes back. conquest, rush, TDM, Capture the flag is sooooooo boring.

objective,liberation,freeze tag, FTobj,campaign mode, last man standing,tug of war,count down,demolition,even Titan mode in BF2142.

Thats what made me play online, and is now the main reason why i hardly play a shooter online anymore.

Wish valve would create Day of Defeat 2 with some of those game modes, and somewhat larger maps. i would buy it day 1